kusile power station
3,9 out of 5 stars.

kusile power station Employee Reviews

South Africa35 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Respect all cardenalruls an have a good behavior

I work at kusile as a assistant surveyor at kcw ssre package.an kusile is very strict about people lifes an all the contractors their attention is zero harm everyone must go home safety an zero tolerance an every morning we discuss about safe work procedures before anywork commends

Production all the time

Safety works, but less money. The company is good about everything, I like working there. My problem is I was working for labour broker so I wasn’t happy at all .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

It was a good environment and a lot of new experience and able to master the power station drawings

Working at kusile was a great experience, have helped solved major problems in welding and fabrications being exposed to various tasks had shed light.

Pros

Free delicious lunches

Cons

We worked over time by choice

Was a very good and fair company, with honest management always looking out for there workers. I have learned later after I was retrenchment more about this company. I would recommend any one to work at Khusile power station, including myself to get a job there

Pros

Accommodation, transport, food

Cons

Normal day hours

Consistent work engagement

Work commitment and consistent involvement in the work arena will keep you on the ball and at the top of your game. All team members and colleagues are always willing to assist when approached regarding outputs.

Pros

Office working week.

Cons

Extensive meeting sessions

Kusile safety

Everyday was a learning curb but was exciting. We worked hard and safety is Kusile's main priority no short cut when it come to safety. It is good to work here.

Good

Poor work enviroment

The work required to be undertaken was unfortunately done by unskilled labour supplied by the client. productivity lost due to on the job tutoring. All the products used were specialised for concrete repair having to be used timeously and cleanly something completely foreign to the calabour of staff. The site safety was a problem with the violent strike action of the unions.

Have been better but depreciating of late

It was a good place to work at in the beginning, but now they have taken all the salary benefits of the project away from white collars with any discussion. It was said to be a way to "save" money for the company. Very discouraging.

Amazing Mega Project with new people and a Fantastic learning Experience

We worked from 7-5pm on weekdays and 2 Saturdays / month .All overtime is compensated provided it was agreed prior with Line Managers .Unfortunately work became very cumbersome and boring .Management was very young and in most cases either friends or Family of Senior Managers .They lacked experience but because of the relationship with Mangers they were promoted and guided to key positions and enjoyed permanent positions , bonuses etc MHPSA is great Company with great values and Culture .

relaxed

The job is filled with uncertainty. I only work night shift. I work for a contractor under Eskom. There is no real guidance on the task at hand. I need to get all information myself.

New challenges

Kusile power station is the biggest power plant under construction was built until today I've been to this project since 2013 What I like about it: 1- Every dat new challenge 2- Multinational project 3- Best work experience in my life 4- Project gave me a chance to show myself as someone who is reliable to do and handle any type of job

challenging environment

challenging environment with highly educated individuals who are always highly motivated. a very diverse environment with world class technology. one of the largest power station in Africa with the only wet flue gas de-sulphurisation plant.

New challenge

Being able to work with apprentices and technicians for the first time was challenging however taught me how important it was to have people understanding and also how to work with different people.

Pros

Very broad job description

Cons

Long working hours and weekends

Productive and safe

Its a great experience and exposure, familiarize your self with many thing like safety and different materials.The are more opportunities and growth.

Pros

Free lunch

Difficult Environment

- Secured housing compound provided by employer - Sharing car scheme - Often strikes resulting a day-off - Remuneration is poor - Working hard not working smart - Working on Saturday

Pros

Great place to explore

Cons

High crime rate

Learning Environment

You get to learn new things everyday as it is a project environment. You work with different departments therefore acquiring more communication skills and techniques

Cover Letter

Sibusiso is a graduate Quantity Surveyor with 3 years’ experience on various construction projects in South Africa. He is responsible for managing project costs, documentation and other valuable deliverables. Overall administration function of projects: Daily diaries, progress, document control, timekeeping. His Communication Skills are excellent with experience in Tender Compilations. He is fully capable working with a Team and insuring good flow of information.

good workplace

we started this project from the ground up s there was alot of learning taking place. they offered training in your areas and were good when it came to paying bonuses at the end of each production stage

Pros

free lunches and accommodation

Cons

distance from family

Productive and funny work

Typical day at work • Conducting tool box talk • Prepare my day before commence • Comply deviation report for a day and send to relevant people for close out What I learn • Safe work practice • To engage people on ethical way • Safe come first Management • Good ethical Behavior • Compliance of safe work procedure Hardest part of the job • Time demanding • Employee depending on you, when coming across challenges, like work related challenges • Over work and underpaid Most enjoyable • Consulting people • Being challenge of the org at work place • Working with people

Daily Work

The culture of workers in South Africa are challenging for a productive oriented Construction Manager from the USA. The workers tend to be lax and you have to be sensitive to the culture in order to stay afloat. By developing a hands on good working relationship with all the different contractors I have been able to get more production from my responsible contractors than most.

Pros

The challenge

Cons

Lack of skilled labor available

one the best places ive worked in before

it was extremely enjoyabe and now i have had much experience to put into my work. The pay was extremely good it made me feel good about myself. I have had no problems or complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kusile power station. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,3 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • kusile power station
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?