kusile power station
3,7 out of 5 stars.

kusile power station Employee Reviews in Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal

3,7Work-Life Balance

Cover Letter

Sibusiso is a graduate Quantity Surveyor with 3 years’ experience on various construction projects in South Africa. He is responsible for managing project costs, documentation and other valuable deliverables. Overall administration function of projects: Daily diaries, progress, document control, timekeeping. His Communication Skills are excellent with experience in Tender Compilations. He is fully capable working with a Team and insuring good flow of information.

Consistent work engagement

Work commitment and consistent involvement in the work arena will keep you on the ball and at the top of your game. All team members and colleagues are always willing to assist when approached regarding outputs.

Pros

Office working week.

Cons

Extensive meeting sessions

Learning Environment

You get to learn new things everyday as it is a project environment. You work with different departments therefore acquiring more communication skills and techniques

good workplace

we started this project from the ground up s there was alot of learning taking place. they offered training in your areas and were good when it came to paying bonuses at the end of each production stage

Pros

free lunches and accommodation

Cons

distance from family

Productive and fun

Good working experience, good learning curve and for young professionals. Work ethics is superpeb and the leaders are willing to pass on the knowledge to the young people.

Pros

Good overtime benefits

Cons

Long working hours

Amazing place to work

Interesting and adventurous work place. Amazing to see how a power station is built from scratch. Everyday at Kusile is different, some days better than others but always learning something new, interacting with people from all over the world. Awesome work environment.

Pros

Good salaries

Cons

Contracts can end unexpectedly, then unemployment

Kusile

The working experience was fine and structured,I experienced construction methods which I had only known theoretically in my previous work-places. The experience was growth orientated and am grateful to have been of service.

Pros

Allowance

Cons

The working conditions

Tough and lonely workplace

Workplace which has more work and disadvantages of not being secured , workplace culture was minimum .The hardest part of the job is not having a support system ,

Pros

Enjoyable when you are keen

What I have learned

I went there a clueless student, and went out as a Pro. I have learned a lot by spending time with the guys on site. I made sure I learned something new everyday. I was always willing to get dirty and work. I worked with general workers, and foremen most of the time. I was taught how to read drawing, steel fixing, shutter designing etc. I was also worked as an assistant to a site agent, he taught me the office part of the work, the reports, ordering of material and planning.

Pros

allowances

Cons

Long Hours and working on saturdays

Fun workplaace

Long hours, i've learned to work as a team and good communication. the management was good together with co-workers. to rich production, enjoy doing rigging activities

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Very productive and safe work place

products produced are of good quality and the place is much safer, we enjoyed the working time together with the extra hours

Pros

free lunches

Cons

desired hours
  • kusile power station