kusile power station

kusile power station Job Security & Advancement reviews

Clear
3.5Job Security & Advancement

Have been better but depreciating of late

It was a good place to work at in the beginning, but now they have taken all the salary benefits of the project away from white collars with any discussion. It was said to be a way to "save" money for the company. Very discouraging.

Amazing Mega Project with new people and a Fantastic learning Experience

We worked from 7-5pm on weekdays and 2 Saturdays / month .All overtime is compensated provided it was agreed prior with Line Managers .Unfortunately work became very cumbersome and boring .Management was very young and in most cases either friends or Family of Senior Managers .They lacked experience but because of the relationship with Mangers they were promoted and guided to key positions and enjoyed permanent positions , bonuses etc MHPSA is great Company with great values and Culture .

relaxed

The job is filled with uncertainty. I only work night shift. I work for a contractor under Eskom. There is no real guidance on the task at hand. I need to get all information myself.

Productive and safe

Its a great experience and exposure, familiarize your self with many thing like safety and different materials.The are more opportunities and growth.

Pros

Free lunch

Learning Environment

You get to learn new things everyday as it is a project environment. You work with different departments therefore acquiring more communication skills and techniques

Productive and fun

Good working experience, good learning curve and for young professionals. Work ethics is superpeb and the leaders are willing to pass on the knowledge to the young people.

Pros

Good overtime benefits

Cons

Long working hours

Amazing place to work

Interesting and adventurous work place. Amazing to see how a power station is built from scratch. Everyday at Kusile is different, some days better than others but always learning something new, interacting with people from all over the world. Awesome work environment.

Pros

Good salaries

Cons

Contracts can end unexpectedly, then unemployment

Kusile

The working experience was fine and structured,I experienced construction methods which I had only known theoretically in my previous work-places. The experience was growth orientated and am grateful to have been of service.

Pros

Allowance

Cons

The working conditions

Tough and lonely workplace

Workplace which has more work and disadvantages of not being secured , workplace culture was minimum .The hardest part of the job is not having a support system ,

Pros

Enjoyable when you are keen

Hard Conditions, Challenging Prospective

One of the biggest projects in Africa, everyday is a struggle to survive as a company on site. Multiple clients and sub-contractors with the same end goal but different means to an end. The typical blame game is prominent so doing your job is the easy part, proving that it was done according to clauses and requirements is the hard part. The never ending paper trail proves to be the hardest among the never ending list of challenges. Our team is enjoyable but our company is struggling so growth is limited but responsibility is expanding

Pros

Excellent experience and exposure

Cons

Very Long Hours, No promotions and constant Unemployment threat

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at kusile power station?

Productive and Quality + Safety of high standard

I have been involved in construction for some time, my highlighted project has been Life of Mine - which was a multi-disciplinary project where we did all disciplines such as Earthworks, Civil works, Building, Piping, Mechanical, Structural steel, Electrical and instrumentation work. I have learned a lot on this project since I was exposed to new experiences. the hardest part was when we had to do the final handover and some documentations where not up to date and a number of Non Conformance Report were raised.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at kusile power station. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• kusile power station