KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
4,0 out of 5 stars.
View all KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION reviews

KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Employee Review

Interesting and life changing work place

My job was my dream. It was fun, learning new things and getting to know other people's behaviors and ideas. It is a wonderful experience to work with developing minds. It was stressful because of too much paperwork and extra time, at the end of the day the salary was very disappointing.

Pros

Sports and cultural activities

Cons

Working at home, during weekends and holidays

3,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
1,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
4,0 out of 5 stars for Management
3,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Productive And Bearable Workplace

A simple day is a very busy day. From Technical Support to Troubleshooting all the Technical Gadgets from various Schools Around KZN. Running The ICT Security, Facilitating About office 365 and Network Configuration.

Pros

Taking Pictures At The End Of The Day

Cons

Not so Friendly Environment

Productive and fun workplace

•My Training, Education and experience have provided me with a strong background in Education and training sector and in administration.•For the past 8 years I have served in different positions with different working environments and an exposure to different but related sectors mentioned on my work experience, which makes me confident and be assured that I can easily adapt to any work environment and be productive.•I have (in past experience) demonstrated impeccable patience, care, and support in environments that I was working with people. I have also handled all my administration duties with great care and I am not afraid to learn new things, experience new things and new technologies. I am very flexible and impulsive.

Fullfilling . interactive funny

Day Starts y about 07h00 and fimishes around 14h00. When dealing with school children (High School), you learn patience, empathy (some come from extremely poor homes-without Food and torn clothes, but you have treat them the same those who are energetic-had their breakfast or decent meal. some tomes you have to get them food before the day's lessons. You have to assess their work from the background's perspective.i.e you allow for answers to the questions as informed by their sub-culture-as close as possible to the question -set by an examiner who is clueless about their culture or subculture, This is the most difficult part of Teaching, also your teaching pace is set by the children's understanding NOT the Curriculum, hence you have to Teach them after school times and even on Sartuday if they are in grade 10, 11 or 12, Matric results are are reflection on you as the teacher. No parent expects their child NOT to appear National newspaper in January, even if they never known throught the year whether their Child was ready for the Matric examination or not.This is the hardest part of being a Teacher (High School Teacher) but it is a good Challenge an opportunity to do your best to help the nation and make you indelible mark in the lives and mind of our future Leaders. It is very fulfilling to see them to seem later in life -after university or tertiary education when you see them occupying high position in the world of work and they simply greet you with a smile and say" thank you sacrificing for us"

Pros

Contribution to nation building

Cons

No scope of career growth or Salary advancement even if you up-skill yourself.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
  • Interesting and life changing work place