KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
4,0 out of 5 stars.

KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Productive and Fun Work

Completing given tasks at time, going out together as a team, have games or host events, motivate your team when a goal achieve, decorating the office so it gives life

Interesting and life changing work place

My job was my dream. It was fun, learning new things and getting to know other people's behaviors and ideas. It is a wonderful experience to work with developing minds. It was stressful because of too much paperwork and extra time, at the end of the day the salary was very disappointing.

Pros

Sports and cultural activities

Cons

Working at home, during weekends and holidays

Relaxed and easy place to work at

Work at your own pace as long as you get the work done in time.The staff is very friendly we all feel like we are friends. Climbing up the ladder though is quite difficult.

Pros

Relaxed and secure

Cons

Slow growth

Productive workplace

Department of education is a good workplace that need adaptability loving kids that Hou teach. Understanding the staff and working closely with them just go develop them . You also need to understand pyscho social issues of the economy and deal with it.

Informative and hard working.

Learn management skills, labor relations. Good communication skills. Working as a team. Strategic planning. Improvise. Make working place conducive. Love my work.

Productive And Bearable Workplace

A simple day is a very busy day. From Technical Support to Troubleshooting all the Technical Gadgets from various Schools Around KZN. Running The ICT Security, Facilitating About office 365 and Network Configuration.

Pros

Taking Pictures At The End Of The Day

Cons

Not so Friendly Environment

The Department ensures productivity and ensure the Public is Well served on time, the Guidance of Superiors (Seniors) is well managed by the directors.

Pros

No Free Lunches

Cons

Normal Hours

Amazing workplace

Working at the Department of Education is very helpful because you are able to create an environment which is conducive to all children and help those who are struggling when it comes to learning

Productive and excellent work

The moment I spent in the department of education was very challenging and awesome. I wish to get back in there as permanent educator.I like the process of teaching and learning I've learnt slot.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Productive and healthy working environment

I have learned a lot about the working environment, few coporate world aspects, communication and good handling of customers or should I say clients. The workplace culture is very flexible and viaraty. I ejoyed learning new things and applying my theoricl knowlwedge at the company in exchange of their practical knowledge and working with progressive people who want to do better in life and are willing to groom and supervise\ mentoring any kind of person who is willing to learn

Productive and fun workplace

•My Training, Education and experience have provided me with a strong background in Education and training sector and in administration.•For the past 8 years I have served in different positions with different working environments and an exposure to different but related sectors mentioned on my work experience, which makes me confident and be assured that I can easily adapt to any work environment and be productive.•I have (in past experience) demonstrated impeccable patience, care, and support in environments that I was working with people. I have also handled all my administration duties with great care and I am not afraid to learn new things, experience new things and new technologies. I am very flexible and impulsive.

Professional & Development of Staff is 100%

Professional Peaceful Professional Development Employee Support TrainingTeam Building ExcercisesWarm & Welcoming Professional Professional Professional

Fullfilling . interactive funny

Day Starts y about 07h00 and fimishes around 14h00. When dealing with school children (High School), you learn patience, empathy (some come from extremely poor homes-without Food and torn clothes, but you have treat them the same those who are energetic-had their breakfast or decent meal. some tomes you have to get them food before the day's lessons. You have to assess their work from the background's perspective.i.e you allow for answers to the questions as informed by their sub-culture-as close as possible to the question -set by an examiner who is clueless about their culture or subculture, This is the most difficult part of Teaching, also your teaching pace is set by the children's understanding NOT the Curriculum, hence you have to Teach them after school times and even on Sartuday if they are in grade 10, 11 or 12, Matric results are are reflection on you as the teacher. No parent expects their child NOT to appear National newspaper in January, even if they never known throught the year whether their Child was ready for the Matric examination or not.This is the hardest part of being a Teacher (High School Teacher) but it is a good Challenge an opportunity to do your best to help the nation and make you indelible mark in the lives and mind of our future Leaders. It is very fulfilling to see them to seem later in life -after university or tertiary education when you see them occupying high position in the world of work and they simply greet you with a smile and say" thank you sacrificing for us"

Pros

Contribution to nation building

Cons

No scope of career growth or Salary advancement even if you up-skill yourself.

Produtive and nice

Working at department of education it good coz it easy to communicate with others, helping each other, they are organised to what ever they are doing and they doesn't exclude us as intern in their plains or activities

Pros

N/a

Cons

Normal working hours

Interesting challenging work environment

Learning how to take down minutes, compiling reports, dealing with audit queries, invoicing, solving queries amongst the clients, hiring of teachers, dealing with PPN Certificates. I was working with a Deputy Director in both Finance Sector as well as HRSS Sector. The work environment i can say was amazing, we all respected each other and they made sure they explain tasks properly to make it easy for us to execute them properly without missing our deadlines.

productive and fun to work there

KZN Department of education gave me the opportunity to learn a lot with internal control since we were working with movable and immovable assets and traveling to different districts within Kwazulu Natal department of Education

It was a very proactive and fun place to work at

dealing with different people and different stakeholders is very difficult but you must always act professional. when there is a lot f pressure but managers do not want to learn and assist. but being left alone to do all administrative work and do not get credited for that performance. management only delegating their duties and do not want to learn about their tasks in times of crises they can not assist. the most enjoyable part is when I will perform financial duties and book keeping, record keeping and capturing school data.

I enjoyed every day Great being in the classroom with tomorrows leaders plenty of opportunities to improve your skills - i.e short courses World-class management Hardest was coaching young people who arrived with ZERO Discipline from home

Professional environment but little salary.

The department of education has good systems and organised work process flow, but their salary structure is not interesting. Office staff are mostly underpaid while working long hours than educators who were paid more. That was really discouraging.

Exciting,rewarding and productive

We had to assist educators in re-checking the scripts. The management is great. The only thing hard about it is the late shifts. But it is very rewarding.

Productive, allow selfgrowth

It's enjoyable you are allowed upgrade and where possible the government subsides people who want to further their studies, and there are benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance