KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

Educator18 reviews
South Africa18 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Amazing workplace

Working at the Department of Education is very helpful because you are able to create an environment which is conducive to all children and help those who are struggling when it comes to learning

Productive and excellent work

The moment I spent in the department of education was very challenging and awesome. I wish to get back in there as permanent educator.I like the process of teaching and learning I've learnt slot.

Pros

Free lunches

Productive, allow selfgrowth

It's enjoyable you are allowed upgrade and where possible the government subsides people who want to further their studies, and there are benefits

Very productive

This is where I learnt to work under pressure all the time, and to give off the best of me. I learned that to share information is the key to have people who knows exactly what they are supposed to do.

Pros

Working within budget and time frames

Cons

To work overtime even when you know it's not going to be paid for.

Mediocre

Encountered too much of corruption in the workplace.At times, this created the atmosphere of extreme disharmony among colleagues and led to unhappiness.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Stress

Productive and fun working place

Department of Education is a well balanced working environment. it has no hardest part of the job. I enjoyed teaching and having interaction with learner. I learnt a lot from kids as they have different characters and behaviours.

Pros

long holidays

Cons

bad kids behaviour

A good company to wotk for.

Pleasant working conditions. 5 day week. Well mannered and disciplined learners. Excellent Grade 12 results. 100% passes for the past 3 years. I miss Margate Middle School

Pros

5 day week, lots of holidays. Pleasant wotking emvitonment

educator

Lowest paid profession . Overloaded classrooms. Lack of resources. Demanding profession on spare time teachers give up their free time to improve results.

comfortable, skills orientated and exciting

I worked for more 10 year at more than six schools. Working for the KZN DoE is exciting, educational and enriching. I loved working with children both primary and fet. I found that discipline was a challenge but I managed quite well with my leaders assistance and later through experience. Post progression is close to impossible because of many reasons. Departmental expectations are always high yet achievable and the department always introduces New ways of improving and achieving goals. Reformation within the department keep the teaching profession exciting and forces educators to always remain lifetime learners.

Pros

benefits and school breaks

Cons

working under resource deprived conditions

Working at this company is nice and challenging. But the most important is that we are dealing with the life and future of our nation. Even though we don't get enough support from our management

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Long hours if you are teaching grade 12

very difficlt environment

very chaotic days where one has to chase after learners and educators alike management had hands full and co-workers very uncooperative.

Pros

salarywise it was better

Cons

very difficult environment

Great Job Satisfaction

A typical day at work started with a Morning Assembly, followed by Register Period. The whole day is spent with the class teaching them according to the timetable. I learnt to deal effectively with different types of learners and to effectively deal with conflict between learners. My management and co-workers were always helpful, imparting their vast knowledge when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction. I gave 100% to make sure that the learners could learn as much as they possibly could from me. It was a pleasure to see the change in them as the year progressed.

Pros

Job Satisfaction

Education is the productive job sometime it nice to work there sometime it challenging like other workplaces

Education is the nice workplace.I met different experience people they always give life guide.There is a lot of development in education;it teach you respect and treat people equally.It also give experience on how to speak in front of many people.You always learn new thing since it force to read news papers and different books especial us who teach economics we need to be updated with new information e.g exchange rates;currencies and so on.Sometimes we meet different people with different behaviours and u need to understand them.That teach us to understand people.Yes it nice in education but honestly I did Cost and Management Accounting at University and I wish to move to any company and do costing work as was my dream job.

Cons

We are working enough hours.

Making a difference

Getting to learn new things from your learners and understanding their different backgrounds and getting to assist them where necessary and able. A demotivated child who comes to school with no hopes for the future.

Pros

Seeing your learners going to the next class

Cons

Holidays

Very productive and enjoyable to change the lives of the young ones

In the morning will have staff briefing form the Management on the business of the day then will receive learners in class, check attendance register and conduct prayers. Then I will go and teach in different classes as reflected in my time table. At break time will supervise my class to ensure that every learner gets his/her meal from our feeding scheme after their meal will do playground supervision. I will have my lunch during my free period. In the afternoon before we depart we will have short meeting to assess days work. The hardest part of the job includes the lack of parental involvement and lack of disciple to some of our learners as well lack of commitment in some of my co-workers and indecisiveness on the part of management. The most enjoyable part is when you meet your former learners and thanking you for your contribution to their lives. It is very heart-warming to realise that somebody out there acknowledges your contribution in his/her life.

First day standing in front of learners was difficult. I have learned to work with others as a team. Sound leadership, motivation and organizaion skills. Develop capacity wiyhin staff through meetings. The hardest part of the job is to do the work schedules. The enjoyable part of the job is to see learners prospering each and everyday.

Pros

Nutrition

Enjoyable

Dealing with 240 different personalities on a daily basis. Having to inspire young minds and to motivate and groom them.

A stable department to work for

Calm, but challenging work to impart knowledge I learnt that teaching someone enables you to learn more The management varies from level to level Co-workers had a very good team spirit The hardest part of the work is to enable all learners to pass The most enjoyable part of the job is when meeting learners that have already passed matric and you know that you contributed to his success

Pros

Quite a number of holidays

Cons

Sometimes a duty load becomes strenuous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance