KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,9Job Security & Advancement

Productive and excellent work

The moment I spent in the department of education was very challenging and awesome. I wish to get back in there as permanent educator.I like the process of teaching and learning I've learnt slot.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Productive and healthy working environment

I have learned a lot about the working environment, few coporate world aspects, communication and good handling of customers or should I say clients. The workplace culture is very flexible and viaraty. I ejoyed learning new things and applying my theoricl knowlwedge at the company in exchange of their practical knowledge and working with progressive people who want to do better in life and are willing to groom and supervise\ mentoring any kind of person who is willing to learn

Productive and fun workplace

•My Training, Education and experience have provided me with a strong background in Education and training sector and in administration.•For the past 8 years I have served in different positions with different working environments and an exposure to different but related sectors mentioned on my work experience, which makes me confident and be assured that I can easily adapt to any work environment and be productive.•I have (in past experience) demonstrated impeccable patience, care, and support in environments that I was working with people. I have also handled all my administration duties with great care and I am not afraid to learn new things, experience new things and new technologies. I am very flexible and impulsive.

Fullfilling . interactive funny

Day Starts y about 07h00 and fimishes around 14h00. When dealing with school children (High School), you learn patience, empathy (some come from extremely poor homes-without Food and torn clothes, but you have treat them the same those who are energetic-had their breakfast or decent meal. some tomes you have to get them food before the day's lessons. You have to assess their work from the background's perspective.i.e you allow for answers to the questions as informed by their sub-culture-as close as possible to the question -set by an examiner who is clueless about their culture or subculture, This is the most difficult part of Teaching, also your teaching pace is set by the children's understanding NOT the Curriculum, hence you have to Teach them after school times and even on Sartuday if they are in grade 10, 11 or 12, Matric results are are reflection on you as the teacher. No parent expects their child NOT to appear National newspaper in January, even if they never known throught the year whether their Child was ready for the Matric examination or not.This is the hardest part of being a Teacher (High School Teacher) but it is a good Challenge an opportunity to do your best to help the nation and make you indelible mark in the lives and mind of our future Leaders. It is very fulfilling to see them to seem later in life -after university or tertiary education when you see them occupying high position in the world of work and they simply greet you with a smile and say" thank you sacrificing for us"

Pros

Contribution to nation building

Cons

No scope of career growth or Salary advancement even if you up-skill yourself.

productive and fun to work there

KZN Department of education gave me the opportunity to learn a lot with internal control since we were working with movable and immovable assets and traveling to different districts within Kwazulu Natal department of Education

Up to date Curriculum and In Service Teacher Training

A progressive institution with a futuristic vision and mission statement, moving toward academic excellence and holistic development of its students as well as continuing teacher empowerment in all spheres of teaching, management and professionalism.

A very fun & productive place

There's room to grow & different ventures and opportunities within the company. Very warm environment with friendly colleagues who have knowledge & wisdom.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

So much to do, so little time.

Prodicive

Kzn dept of education is the department without enough resources, to promotes its objective correct but with our acquired knowledge we used to do programs

Pros

Cons

8 hours

okay

I only worked there for a few months and my immediate manager was a great person to work for. it was a contract post and i had to find something permanant

Pros

family feel

Cons

salary

Very challenging

Always on the tip top due to the number of projects one has to monitor. It however challenging the fact that one has to look after a lot of projects hence not doing justice at time in terms of monitoring.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Very understuffed

Exciting and fruitful

My days in this company were exciting and fun.I lean t the seriousness of safety compliance and how dangerous non conformance it is.Management was supportive and praised good work.My co-workers were also supportive and worked as a team which is good.During my stay there I did not experience any hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable part was doing: Induction to newly appointed employees,Risk assessment,Site visits,Monitoring safety compliance.

Pros

The good work was praised and workers were motivated to do good.

Cons

I did not encounter any cons during my stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance