KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

South Africa66 reviews

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,8Management

Informative and hard working.

Learn management skills, labor relations. Good communication skills. Working as a team. Strategic planning. Improvise. Make working place conducive. Love my work.

It was a very proactive and fun place to work at

dealing with different people and different stakeholders is very difficult but you must always act professional. when there is a lot f pressure but managers do not want to learn and assist. but being left alone to do all administrative work and do not get credited for that performance. management only delegating their duties and do not want to learn about their tasks in times of crises they can not assist. the most enjoyable part is when I will perform financial duties and book keeping, record keeping and capturing school data.

I enjoyed every day Great being in the classroom with tomorrows leaders plenty of opportunities to improve your skills - i.e short courses World-class management Hardest was coaching young people who arrived with ZERO Discipline from home

Exciting,rewarding and productive

We had to assist educators in re-checking the scripts. The management is great. The only thing hard about it is the late shifts. But it is very rewarding.

Up to date Curriculum and In Service Teacher Training

A progressive institution with a futuristic vision and mission statement, moving toward academic excellence and holistic development of its students as well as continuing teacher empowerment in all spheres of teaching, management and professionalism.

Vibrant working place got to interact with a lot of different people. Enjoyed working as a team with my colleagues.

Check in at work in the morning check the emails prepare for the day. Finish off Yesterday's work if there is any left, users will call in and log calls if it is simple and straight forward I will help them remotely over the phone. I learned a lot such as linking printers, troubleshooting computer problems, Installing computer peripherals. What I enjoyed the most was working as a team with my colleagues and also solving problems. The workplace culture was fun and vibrant and also productive.The Management was great they took care of us very well.The hardest part of the job was when we could not solve the problem on time due to challenges that arose such as new computer software errors.

Productive and skillful

Repairing of laptops, printers and desktops for schools, teachers and other department of education officials. Network cabling and installations of software programs. Management is very good hence I'm treated as permanent staff on every situation. Hardest part of this job is that if the task is not completed no one leaves the work place until task is completed. The part which I enjoy most is travelling around schools while helping teachers and schools on different places around the district.

Pros

Internet access

Mediocre

Encountered too much of corruption in the workplace.At times, this created the atmosphere of extreme disharmony among colleagues and led to unhappiness.

Pros

Holidays

Cons

Stress

Excellent atmospere

Excellent school to work for. Relaxing and nice staff. Diligent management. Loved my job. Principal loving and caring towards staff. Attended many seminars and workshops. Opportunity for hardworking staff

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Working at this company is nice and challenging. But the most important is that we are dealing with the life and future of our nation. Even though we don't get enough support from our management

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Long hours if you are teaching grade 12

very difficlt environment

very chaotic days where one has to chase after learners and educators alike management had hands full and co-workers very uncooperative.

Pros

salarywise it was better

Cons

very difficult environment

Great Job Satisfaction

A typical day at work started with a Morning Assembly, followed by Register Period. The whole day is spent with the class teaching them according to the timetable. I learnt to deal effectively with different types of learners and to effectively deal with conflict between learners. My management and co-workers were always helpful, imparting their vast knowledge when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction. I gave 100% to make sure that the learners could learn as much as they possibly could from me. It was a pleasure to see the change in them as the year progressed.

Pros

Job Satisfaction

Exciting and fruitful

My days in this company were exciting and fun.I lean t the seriousness of safety compliance and how dangerous non conformance it is.Management was supportive and praised good work.My co-workers were also supportive and worked as a team which is good.During my stay there I did not experience any hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable part was doing: Induction to newly appointed employees,Risk assessment,Site visits,Monitoring safety compliance.

Pros

The good work was praised and workers were motivated to do good.

Cons

I did not encounter any cons during my stay.

Education is the productive job sometime it nice to work there sometime it challenging like other workplaces

Education is the nice workplace.I met different experience people they always give life guide.There is a lot of development in education;it teach you respect and treat people equally.It also give experience on how to speak in front of many people.You always learn new thing since it force to read news papers and different books especial us who teach economics we need to be updated with new information e.g exchange rates;currencies and so on.Sometimes we meet different people with different behaviours and u need to understand them.That teach us to understand people.Yes it nice in education but honestly I did Cost and Management Accounting at University and I wish to move to any company and do costing work as was my dream job.

Cons

We are working enough hours.

stressful and demanding

my typical day involves contact with learners through teaching, contact with educators to monitor their work, contact with the school management team for smooth running of the institution. the hardest part of the job is to get learners to cooperate nad to urge educators to meet deadlines the most enjoyable part is the extra currular activities and good academic results

Pros

Cons

long hours, no overtime pay

Very productive and enjoyable to change the lives of the young ones

In the morning will have staff briefing form the Management on the business of the day then will receive learners in class, check attendance register and conduct prayers. Then I will go and teach in different classes as reflected in my time table. At break time will supervise my class to ensure that every learner gets his/her meal from our feeding scheme after their meal will do playground supervision. I will have my lunch during my free period. In the afternoon before we depart we will have short meeting to assess days work. The hardest part of the job includes the lack of parental involvement and lack of disciple to some of our learners as well lack of commitment in some of my co-workers and indecisiveness on the part of management. The most enjoyable part is when you meet your former learners and thanking you for your contribution to their lives. It is very heart-warming to realise that somebody out there acknowledges your contribution in his/her life.

Hard work and determination pays

Teaching at a rural school is both fun and challenging especially when you are a foreign educator and are being looked down upon by prejudiced fellow workers and students alike. you only gain respect by displaying skill and demonstrating knowledge on the subject and your work.Over the years i have learned that hard work and determination always pays off at the end of the day. The hardest part of my job is to win the support and trust of the most influential people in any organisation. The most enjoyable part is when you have, through demonstration of knowledge and skill,managed to break through their ranks. Your achievements will always bring relief and sanctification once the job is done. You earn respect from management, co-workers and students alike.

Pros

No free lunches are provided

Cons

you work for long hours with stressful learners

productive

my job involved traveling a lot which was a good experience and i had to deal with a whole of different stakeholders during my traveling experience. i learned to be able to work well under no supervision because i was planning my own work when i embark on the project given by my management. the hardest part was when you are dealing with trade unions who represented their client during a job evaluation process, and that taught me to be strong enough to defend my findings and also to do my job thoroughly before i do my presentation to the management and trade unions as well. as for my colleagues they were very helpful and supportive. we were like a big family with management guiding us to a right direction.

Pros

traveling, hotel sleeping, team building

A stable department to work for

Calm, but challenging work to impart knowledge I learnt that teaching someone enables you to learn more The management varies from level to level Co-workers had a very good team spirit The hardest part of the work is to enable all learners to pass The most enjoyable part of the job is when meeting learners that have already passed matric and you know that you contributed to his success

Pros

Quite a number of holidays

Cons

Sometimes a duty load becomes strenuous

Very fulfilling job

The school was in an informal settlement and serving a very poor community. Every day of the week had it own challege ranging from learners not arriving on time to security guard no reporting for duty etc. The management team was deeply divided, they seemed not to be working as a team, otherwise the morale was very high amongst the staff. The haderst part was the lack of resources and basic teaching aids. The most enjoyable part was seing learners passing with distinction the suject that I thought.

Interesting and productive day. I have learned to adapt to change and to work with diverse people. Management is supportive and provides a vivid management plan. We work as a team with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when with delinquents in the class and learners who are under substance abuse. The most enjoyable part of the job is to achieve a quality 100% pass of my learner.

Pros

no free lunch

Cons

7 hrs per day and 365 days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance