KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

South Africa66 reviews

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Interesting and life changing work place

My job was my dream. It was fun, learning new things and getting to know other people's behaviors and ideas. It is a wonderful experience to work with developing minds. It was stressful because of too much paperwork and extra time, at the end of the day the salary was very disappointing.

Pros

Sports and cultural activities

Cons

Working at home, during weekends and holidays

The Department ensures productivity and ensure the Public is Well served on time, the Guidance of Superiors (Seniors) is well managed by the directors.

Pros

No Free Lunches

Cons

Normal Hours

Fullfilling . interactive funny

Day Starts y about 07h00 and fimishes around 14h00. When dealing with school children (High School), you learn patience, empathy (some come from extremely poor homes-without Food and torn clothes, but you have treat them the same those who are energetic-had their breakfast or decent meal. some tomes you have to get them food before the day's lessons. You have to assess their work from the background's perspective.i.e you allow for answers to the questions as informed by their sub-culture-as close as possible to the question -set by an examiner who is clueless about their culture or subculture, This is the most difficult part of Teaching, also your teaching pace is set by the children's understanding NOT the Curriculum, hence you have to Teach them after school times and even on Sartuday if they are in grade 10, 11 or 12, Matric results are are reflection on you as the teacher. No parent expects their child NOT to appear National newspaper in January, even if they never known throught the year whether their Child was ready for the Matric examination or not.This is the hardest part of being a Teacher (High School Teacher) but it is a good Challenge an opportunity to do your best to help the nation and make you indelible mark in the lives and mind of our future Leaders. It is very fulfilling to see them to seem later in life -after university or tertiary education when you see them occupying high position in the world of work and they simply greet you with a smile and say" thank you sacrificing for us"

Pros

Contribution to nation building

Cons

No scope of career growth or Salary advancement even if you up-skill yourself.

Produtive and nice

Working at department of education it good coz it easy to communicate with others, helping each other, they are organised to what ever they are doing and they doesn't exclude us as intern in their plains or activities

Pros

N/a

Cons

Normal working hours

Professional environment but little salary.

The department of education has good systems and organised work process flow, but their salary structure is not interesting. Office staff are mostly underpaid while working long hours than educators who were paid more. That was really discouraging.

Productive, allow selfgrowth

It's enjoyable you are allowed upgrade and where possible the government subsides people who want to further their studies, and there are benefits

A very fun & productive place

There's room to grow & different ventures and opportunities within the company. Very warm environment with friendly colleagues who have knowledge & wisdom.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

So much to do, so little time.

Very productive

This is where I learnt to work under pressure all the time, and to give off the best of me. I learned that to share information is the key to have people who knows exactly what they are supposed to do.

Pros

Working within budget and time frames

Cons

To work overtime even when you know it's not going to be paid for.

educator

Lowest paid profession . Overloaded classrooms. Lack of resources. Demanding profession on spare time teachers give up their free time to improve results.

okay

I only worked there for a few months and my immediate manager was a great person to work for. it was a contract post and i had to find something permanant

Pros

family feel

Cons

salary

comfortable, skills orientated and exciting

I worked for more 10 year at more than six schools. Working for the KZN DoE is exciting, educational and enriching. I loved working with children both primary and fet. I found that discipline was a challenge but I managed quite well with my leaders assistance and later through experience. Post progression is close to impossible because of many reasons. Departmental expectations are always high yet achievable and the department always introduces New ways of improving and achieving goals. Reformation within the department keep the teaching profession exciting and forces educators to always remain lifetime learners.

Pros

benefits and school breaks

Cons

working under resource deprived conditions

KZN Department of Education was good company to work for with good management but the salary was not that good .

The Working conditions were not good in Msinga because there is no electricity in the area which made it difficult to do lessons plans.My colleagues were very good and friendly.I enjoyed working with them.One other thing that was not really good was the public transport was very expensive and difficulty to get but I enjoyed teaching my learners

Pros

There were lot of workshops to support teachers and free lunch for those who attended the workshops

Cons

Working hours were from half past seven to three for educatoers

very difficlt environment

very chaotic days where one has to chase after learners and educators alike management had hands full and co-workers very uncooperative.

Pros

salarywise it was better

Cons

very difficult environment

Exciting and fruitful

My days in this company were exciting and fun.I lean t the seriousness of safety compliance and how dangerous non conformance it is.Management was supportive and praised good work.My co-workers were also supportive and worked as a team which is good.During my stay there I did not experience any hardest part of the job.The most enjoyable part was doing: Induction to newly appointed employees,Risk assessment,Site visits,Monitoring safety compliance.

Pros

The good work was praised and workers were motivated to do good.

Cons

I did not encounter any cons during my stay.

Productive and fun workplace

Meet and greet educators and learners. See to educator absentees and organize relief teacheing for the day. Sort out administrative functions in order of priority. Teach Mathematics and Natural Sciences. Deal with queries, complaints, etc. Control diary of meetings of School Governing Body and keep everyone informed of latest developments. Hold meetings and keep educators abreast of reuirements and developments. Ensure all paperwork is in roder for SGB meetings. See to quotations and process applications for work to be completed by service providers.

Pros

meeting and working with many people

Cons

Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance