KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

South Africa66 reviews

Clear
3,8Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Interesting and life changing work place

My job was my dream. It was fun, learning new things and getting to know other people's behaviors and ideas. It is a wonderful experience to work with developing minds. It was stressful because of too much paperwork and extra time, at the end of the day the salary was very disappointing.

Pros

Sports and cultural activities

Cons

Working at home, during weekends and holidays

Relaxed and easy place to work at

Work at your own pace as long as you get the work done in time.The staff is very friendly we all feel like we are friends. Climbing up the ladder though is quite difficult.

Pros

Relaxed and secure

Cons

Slow growth

Productive and excellent work

The moment I spent in the department of education was very challenging and awesome. I wish to get back in there as permanent educator.I like the process of teaching and learning I've learnt slot.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Productive and healthy working environment

I have learned a lot about the working environment, few coporate world aspects, communication and good handling of customers or should I say clients. The workplace culture is very flexible and viaraty. I ejoyed learning new things and applying my theoricl knowlwedge at the company in exchange of their practical knowledge and working with progressive people who want to do better in life and are willing to groom and supervise\ mentoring any kind of person who is willing to learn

Professional environment but little salary.

The department of education has good systems and organised work process flow, but their salary structure is not interesting. Office staff are mostly underpaid while working long hours than educators who were paid more. That was really discouraging.

Exciting,rewarding and productive

We had to assist educators in re-checking the scripts. The management is great. The only thing hard about it is the late shifts. But it is very rewarding.

Up to date Curriculum and In Service Teacher Training

A progressive institution with a futuristic vision and mission statement, moving toward academic excellence and holistic development of its students as well as continuing teacher empowerment in all spheres of teaching, management and professionalism.

A very fun & productive place

There's room to grow & different ventures and opportunities within the company. Very warm environment with friendly colleagues who have knowledge & wisdom.

Pros

Good benefits.

Cons

So much to do, so little time.

Education is my life

We all have up and down at work. but as i mentioned that I am enjoying education, it actually part of my life. I worked as an HOD and staff reported to me, we got along very well. The hardest part of the job was when students don't come to classes.

Pros

Trips

Cons

Work long hours if need be.

Productive and skillful

Repairing of laptops, printers and desktops for schools, teachers and other department of education officials. Network cabling and installations of software programs. Management is very good hence I'm treated as permanent staff on every situation. Hardest part of this job is that if the task is not completed no one leaves the work place until task is completed. The part which I enjoy most is travelling around schools while helping teachers and schools on different places around the district.

Pros

Internet access

Cons

A good company to wotk for.

Pleasant working conditions. 5 day week. Well mannered and disciplined learners. Excellent Grade 12 results. 100% passes for the past 3 years. I miss Margate Middle School

Pros

5 day week, lots of holidays. Pleasant wotking emvitonment

working with people all the time. Listening to people's challenges and trying to find a solution if possible. Failure to find a solution suggests other relevant service providers.

Pros

Cons

8hrs

Excellent atmospere

Excellent school to work for. Relaxing and nice staff. Diligent management. Loved my job. Principal loving and caring towards staff. Attended many seminars and workshops. Opportunity for hardworking staff

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Working at this company is nice and challenging. But the most important is that we are dealing with the life and future of our nation. Even though we don't get enough support from our management

Pros

Nice environment

Cons

Long hours if you are teaching grade 12

Intensive but easy to adapt environment

Typical day at work consisted of going through approximately 600 exam scripts a day, checking for errors and ensuring that marks provided on each candidate exam's scripts are legit.I learned a lot about team work an working with different characters in the work place because of the work hours that were long and the nature of the work that allowed for co workers to make sure the number of scripts checked per day are met. The best part of the job is knowing that at the end of each exam marking session, before marks are released, one was responsible for the accuracy of matric candidates results. The hardest part was knowing that failing to precisely check marking of exam scripts could jeopardize the future of a matric candidate.

Pros

free breakfast, lunch and supper

Cons

Working for the Education Department was great because I qualified for all the benefits

1. Job satisfaction- must have a good employer and employee relationship relating to work. 2..Understanding and completing work timeously. 3. Being prompt at all times. 4, I really enjoyed what I did. 5. Work hard to achieve goals and targets on time.

Pros

Convenient and easy to go to work. Finish work at a convenient time

Cons

Travelling in traffic was sometimes the delay in getting to work on time.

stressful and demanding

my typical day involves contact with learners through teaching, contact with educators to monitor their work, contact with the school management team for smooth running of the institution. the hardest part of the job is to get learners to cooperate nad to urge educators to meet deadlines the most enjoyable part is the extra currular activities and good academic results

Pros

Cons

long hours, no overtime pay

Hard work and determination pays

Teaching at a rural school is both fun and challenging especially when you are a foreign educator and are being looked down upon by prejudiced fellow workers and students alike. you only gain respect by displaying skill and demonstrating knowledge on the subject and your work.Over the years i have learned that hard work and determination always pays off at the end of the day. The hardest part of my job is to win the support and trust of the most influential people in any organisation. The most enjoyable part is when you have, through demonstration of knowledge and skill,managed to break through their ranks. Your achievements will always bring relief and sanctification once the job is done. You earn respect from management, co-workers and students alike.

Pros

No free lunches are provided

Cons

you work for long hours with stressful learners

Dedicated to service beyond the call of duty.

--Queries daily public --Investigating queries follow up, telephone etiquette and solve problem. -- Manager department branding write articles for local Newspaper. --Sustain Batho Pele Principles. --Its when the queries become emotional. --I am Dedicated To The Service beyond the call of duty.

Pros

Home Tupperware

Cons

Willing to work long hours to deliver service

First day standing in front of learners was difficult. I have learned to work with others as a team. Sound leadership, motivation and organizaion skills. Develop capacity wiyhin staff through meetings. The hardest part of the job is to do the work schedules. The enjoyable part of the job is to see learners prospering each and everyday.

Pros

Nutrition

Good working environment

My work doesn't challenge me enough i feel i can do more then what i am currently doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KZN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance