L'Oréal

South Africa45 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 4 103 reviews

Here we go, 5 star?

The best company I’ve worked for so far. I’ve learned a lot. From management to staff everyone was a wonderful and very friendly and professional. I highly recommend the company to anyone looking for a healthy working environment

management

management is so poor, they dont what they doing especially in finance, their finance staff is useless and underskilled and very lazy, management . i need to facilitate work the permanent staff just working for a salary not to better their skills

Pros

nothing

Cons

good staff not in finance and corporate

Unstructured however manageable workplace

Overall Loreal is a good entity to work for, given its stretch across the world. There are areas the organisation can improve on in terms of protecting talent and fair labour practices.

Overall one of the best company I worked for.

I had a great manager. Learnt alot from this brand. Went to basic school. Enjoyed my experience overall. There are no benefits if you are a 100 %.

Complex environment

Complex environment with many useful specialised applications however leadership was lacking in many areas. Lack of understanding of the local business culture prevented collaboration between the various zones.

The is no growth

The only problems was that the was no growth within the company and you don’t get motivated to work you only work because you need to make earns meat so you could feed you family .

Best company I've ever worked for.

Working for L'Oreal is the best experience I have ever had. It's a great company to work for. As a fragrance advisor for L'Oreal I loved my job dearly, I loved selling those perfumes!!!...

Make Up Artist

I loved working with all the clients , I really enjoyed working for MAC as everybody was very friendly and loving , made me feel home , and we became like family

Secure working environment

Easily fit in to the company culture. Flexible working hours, Great management and team . Human resources in touch with the needs of the employees. Nice fringe benefits

Rewarding place to work but no work/life balance

I enjoyed working at L'Oreal and being responsible for my brand and the new launches and watching their development. A lot of focus on data and research. Employees can be harsh and unfriendly to work with. Sink or swim environment,

challenging and fun

Room for growth and personal development always looking forward to go to work and to interact with the other departments. I have learned to be firm and present infront of people. Great working Calture. Sometimes it was hard to convince the stuff instores on how to be the best brand ambassador . Running promotions and working hand in hand with client going extra mile for my brand.

Pros

helping out the at a warehouse on packing stock for stores

Cons

giving away free goodies

Hardworking people and very motivational

Every loreal employee is hardworking and very much dedicated to their job, the management team is also motivating and always has a positive attitude towards things. They take every employee seriously.

Pros

Products

Cons

No allocation

Skills development ,

I deliver what is required and I take initiative. Plan events to drive awareness of my brand. Build customer relationship. Paperwork neat and done daily.

Pros

Cyle training yearly

Cons

Forfeiting commission

Great work place, great culture

Room for growth and personal development Always looked forward to go to work and to interact with the other departments Learnt to be firm and present in front of people Great working culture Sometimes it was hard to convince others that we don't listen to complaints the whole day! To make customer happy and satisfied - to go the extra mile for the customer Enjoyed working close with the Dermatologist - learnt a lot from her

Pros

Helping out the Marketing teams on meeting customer's expectations

Cons

getting products from the Marketing teams

Very productive

Very busy environment. Communication is very key to a successful relationship. The culture is not so great in the manufacturing sector, not entirely ethical. There's no program in place for graduates. Free products once a while.

Pros

Free products

Area Manager

Just finished my studies and qualified as Beauty Therapist with ITEC international worked at company for short wild and wanted to do mass market and was head hunted by Signature Cosmetics

Pros

Luxury

Cons

Wanted to work in Mass

Great learning culture

Reception duties, stock taking, as well as assisting with preparations of the training rooms. the most enjoyable part of my job was the traveling, visit shops that sold our products to check on how the products were doing on the shelves.

Pros

Great learning culture

Cons

contract work

Fun workplace

I love working in a fun but challenging environment. Love to explore and experience new things mostly i love a challenge. I enjoy what i do and put my head on it to see the success of my hard work at the end.

Pros

Birthday gifts

Cons

Long houra

Meeting new people.

Teaching customers about the new products, and having fun doing makeovers and facials for them. Enjoy having events, with the managers and customers. Hardest part is when a product is been discontinued and the customer is used to it.

Pros

Free alocation

L'oreal Hair Campaign

Working on this campaign was fun as it encouragd women of color to be proud of their natural hair. The period was short but it was a rewarding experience.

Pros

Fun campain

Cons

Once-off

it's a fun working environment but has a lot of challenges I terms of working hours

keep your head down and do your work, make sure your at work on time and that you reach your monthly target.Know your products and how to sell.Keep a good relationship with customers

Pros

incentives

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at L'Oréal. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 4 103 reviews