L'Oréal
Information from L'Oréal:

L'Oréal Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng16 reviews
5,0
The only problems was that the was no growth within the company and you don’t get motivated to work you only work because you need to make earns meat so you could feed you family .
Very busy environment.
Communication is very key to a successful relationship.

The culture is not so great in the manufacturing sector, not entirely ethical.

There's no program in place for graduates.

Free products once a while.
Pros
Free products
5,0
Just finished my studies and qualified as Beauty Therapist with ITEC international worked at company for short wild and wanted to do mass market and was head hunted by Signature Cosmetics
Pros
Luxury
Cons
Wanted to work in Mass
3,0
keep your head down and do your work, make sure your at work on time and that you reach your monthly target.Know your products and how to sell.Keep a good relationship with customers
Pros
incentives
5,0
The best management team,easy adaptable enviroment through values and visions.teamwork experience,celebrating the archievements worked for in the mont
4,0
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Loreal however the salary was not enough. Great work ethics. Fun and professional work environment.
I would recommend working there if salaries were better for the hours of work
4,0
The work done was target driven and at times high pressure however this taught me that persistence in chasing customers would always almost have great affects.
Pros
Great incentives
5,0
Loreal has a very flexible workplace. Enriches those who are willing to go out there and grab the opportunity to become great
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management
3,0
This is a get thrown in the deep-end, sink or swim place full of passionate and competitive people. with a lot of tough love oriented and goal driven managers.

Fun to plan and execute new product launches and attending the launch events.

not people oriented
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
no work/life balance
3,0
its a normal workplace, its a factory and there are normal working hours. hardest part of the job is managing or obtaining information from factory staff
4,0
.Insuring sales targets are achieved in entire service area
• Staff Management, Motivating, Training and Developing

• Stock and NSV Ordering, Level Management and Merchandising

• Insuring current focus is correctly merchandised and clearly visible and

up to date with correct artwork

• Negotiating extra promotional and eventing space within a store / mall

• Arranging/Managing promotions and customer events

• Building great working relationships between Retailers and L'Oreal

• Day to day Reporting, Business analyses and Business awareness
Pros
Self management
Cons
Time Management
4,0
Work was extremely busy however productive. Learned how busy beauty industry can be. Management/co-workers: some friendly, helpful, others nasty. Hardest part was not enough time in day. Most enjoyable getting to know people.
Pros
Product sales to staff at hugely discounted prices.
Cons
Distance travelling.
4,0
Working for Lancome was great, I got to see the creative side of me, I got to meet up with different people and could solve any problems that came my way.
Pros
Got fee make ups
Cons
Reaching the target
4,0
it was good experience, but not a lot of freedom to make it awesome
3,0
I get to work at 7am. I thereafter attend a production meeting which addresses our daily business issues. I then set about resolving issues that pertain to my department by motivating and inspiring co workers to achieve the tasks at hand so that targets are met.
I also analyse samples of components that are brought in from suppliers in an attempt to improve the quality of supplied components.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Very Long Hours
3,0
L'Oreal is a rapidly changing company. There is a lot of changes, i.e CEO's, Management as well as there is a high turnover (16% yearly).

There is a lot of stress when we have Zone visits which happens quiet often in the year. One can't plan her/his work because too much work and minimum heads in the divisions.

Everyone is stressfull at the end of the day. I also feel that for me there is no growth. There is no clear communication from other divisions. Benefits are very good, can't complain. I enjoy working with my manager a lot. She is a leader and a mentor. She is brilliant and her door is every day open for discussion. I have learned a lot from her and sometimes I think she is the reason I'm still working for L'Oreal. She is my inspiration and she keeps me going.
Pros
we get staff discounts on l'oreal products, the company contributes 55% towards our medical aid, the provident fund is good, petrol allowance, share dividents
Cons
we work long hours especially during zone visits, work overload, no hope for increased headcount in my division, i dont see myself growing