La Granson International
La Granson International Employee Review

No Transparency!

14 September 2018
This company is not transparent on what exactly is expected of you during the interview.
- It is comission based, having all travelling and eating costs on you.

- It's not organized because we don't understand the employees' roles in the company (lack of management)

- Email telling you that you'll be interviewed by a specific person then get a totally different person that doesn't even ask standard interview questions.

- Working hours from 6:30 a.m to 6:00 p.m and reporting back into the office

- Advertise different positions but interviewing for a totally different job.

Honestly I felt deceived becauseit sounded like one of those pyramid scheme presentations. Being a recent graduate and broke, it does not make sense using money that you don't even have in order to travel to your allocated store.
Pros
Cons
no organization
3,0
18 June 2020
Same role
Sales Agent (Former Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
Working hours were 6 to 6. From 6am till 9am we would be in the atmosphere learning the different things about being a sales agent and how to approach people. Being in the atmosphere is the fun part about it. We would be placed at different pick n pay stores at different locations. In store it was a bit tricky and stressful because not everyone will be a yes and not everyone will be willing to sign up for the product. Every week you had to set pace of 7 sales a week which puts you under pressure since its a commission based company. Over and above all,I learnt a lot from that company, in terms of how to work with people and working with people directly.
Pros
Set pace for the day by having a successful rideout, you receive R200
Cons
Long hours with no lunch
8 June 2019
Same roleSame location
Sales (Former Employee) - JHB, Gauteng
Shut this organization down immediately !

Only the blind and ignorant have nice things to say about this scheme because they feel vulnerable and insecure about themselves .

-No professionalism whatsoever

-There's way too many people in the mix so how are we all suppose to make it ?!

-Even the so called managers or whatever they call themselves have an appearance as if they are getting paid peanuts ?!

-You're using old busted up local taxi's to get around and you must pay your own fees and cant even provide food

-You ask questions and they give very shallow answers so you're not even sure how the procedure works or how specifically can you reach the top.

Bottom line these people dont have your best interest at heart so dont get sucked in and waste your time and money !
Pros
Cons
Way too many, Just dont
5,0
21 March 2019
Same location
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) - Johannesburg, Gauteng
The culture of La Grandson is to give entrepreneurial opportunities to every/any individual who is willing to put in the effort to climb the corporate ladder. My experience was amazing for I have acquired skills,knowledge and leadership qualities which helped me to start my own business. The Management was very professional and hands on with every employee.I would have definitely stayed longer had I got the privileged to start my on business.Great and exciting work and life experiences to learn.Thank you to the company and the whole team for helping me achieve my goals.
Pros
Tea and Coffee
Cons
12 hours