Legal Aid South Africa

Legal Aid South Africa Job Security & Advancement reviews

South Africa107 reviews

Clear
3.7Job Security & Advancement

Trained well. Experience team of PA willing to assist candidate on case discussion.

I had a wonderful time working at Legal aid. Experience gained and confidence.Best place to learn, deal with elderly and valnerable.Learn to work under pressure.

Pros

Non

Cons

Good

1st they work as group I learned a lot from them.Managegement of them is very good they give you chance of attending trainings and you need to apply t

Good for learning on the job

I came to Legal Aid South Africa as an intern in administrative unit. I got an opportunity to work with professionals who understood that I was there to learn. And because of that I learned fast that I got the permanent post advertised there.

I enjoyed working at Legal Aid

The experience I got as a candidate attorney was immeasurable. I had the opportunity of leaving legal Aid as an admitted attorney and wouldn’t mind working for the institution again.

Pros

It’s a great working environment

Invaluable experience and exposure

I served articles at Legal Aid SA. Thereafter entered into a short term contract in the Civil department. Excellent organization to gain experience and exposure. Would definitely recommend.

Best employer for practical experience

Amazing company lots of training and criminal and civil litigation experience. Company also assists candidate attorney with preparation for the attorneys admission exams

Pros

Training, experience

Cons

Workload, pressure

Empowering

Legal aid is a place that empowers and has a lot of work. There is job security but administration is too much for an attorney who works for a firm not a sole practitioner. The rights of an accused are taken soo highly sometimes to the detriment of the employee. They have a nice work environment.

Pros

Litigation skills are sharpened

Cons

One dimensional attorney

Great Experience

I had the opportunity to work with the best attorneys in South Africa. They are excellent teachers and mentors. I never experienced a better team. I would work there again in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the internship was for a limited time.

Productive and meaningful

Good company to work in. The staff is friendly and the objectives are clearly set. There is a room for development and inhouse trainings are conducted by experts of industries

Empowering Work Environment

HAving been exposed to the legal field and working with people I have learned a lot about law and the practical day to day court processes. I have learnt about different commisions and ombudsman. I have also learnt about my ability to work individually as well as in a team.

Best place to do articles of clerkship

Tough work environment. Best learning experience. Admin admin admin. Good salary. Meet new people. You will work under immense pressure. You will deal with many different stakeholders.

Supportive Enviroment

This is an extremely great company to work for, especially if you are starting off in your legal career. This company gives you maximum exposure, with maximum support.

Intern

People that were passionate about their work, very friendly, and really allowed interns to become very hands on with their assignments. Enjoyed the camaraderie there and the responsibility given.

great work experience and environment

great work environment and the seniors are very accommodating. great court experience and confidence boosting. an exceptional experience as a candidate attorney.

Pros

court experience and interactive workshops with other justice centres

Cons

less civil focus

Great place for professional and personal growth

Great place to practice as a Candidate Attorney. You get to grow professionally as well as personally. By the time you finish, your Litigation Skills will be impeccable and yourself confidence and communication skills will be bettered. You get thrown into the deep but you do learn how to swim, and as soon as you learn, you swim really well.

Pros

Driving company cars to court & Great salary

Cons

They don’t retain candidate attorneys

"Friendly and supportive staff" Alot of training! Totally loved it!!

The staff was amazing, as Candidate attorney I was at the top of my game in court because LASA provides so much training, you know exactly what to do.

Pros

Great litigation skills that you learn, And awesome salary!!

Cons

After completing your articles you become unemployed and wait for positions to be available

Skills Development

I went in as an unpolished graduate and left with sufficient legal skills to now successfully compete in the working environment. I learned not only legal culture but business culture as well as admin skills

Pros

Training

You have to be in it with your whole heart

The work is not for the faint at heart.You have to be able to deal with a different variety of people and you need to think on your feet.Your ability to judge a situation and react quickly must be sharp.

Pros

Excelent litigation experience

Cons

productive and fun working place

It was nice and fun working at legal aid, i gained experience, we were a team, i made friends, i enjoyed working there, going to court everyday, helping clients, working at legal aid made me fall more in love with my career.

Pros

attending workshops

The working environment and dynamic

The organisation is one focused on the assistance of the disadvantaged and incapable margins of society. The practise of humanity and empowerment is the daily practise, along with provision of high quality legal services. The environment is highly interactive and upbeat. The is a strong sense of comradery and family with each member of the team assisting and supporting the team in order to achieve the bigger objective, providing a high quality legal service.

Pros

Salary package and job security

Cons

high workload and stress

Work culture

Learning experience was massive and motivated one to upgrade on Education. I gained more communication skills, our diversity... got more interpersonal skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Legal Aid South Africa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3