Leroy Merlin

South Africa18 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 4 682 reviews

Fun and productivity

The work place allows us to have fun grow and interact with customers making their experience in the store lovely.Learning and growing is easy here because of the platforms that allow you to explore your career path.

Pros

Buffets and rewards on services

Cons

Hours

Growth

They preach autonomy which only applies when it suits them. Too much favoritism working hours not going hand in hand with salary. Yey kuningi nje but there is growth

Productive and fun colleagues

Leroy is very good for growth, they're strong on autonomy which is a bonus. You can navigate to different departments within the business. Not so great though if you're main stream career-focused (there is lots of moving around which may not be what you really want for your career)

Great for school leaver’s, long hours, small pay, 7 day weekly job

The company is fun to be in, great store and staff, but the hours are crazy and the work load it huge for the salary they offer. You get a free phone with airtime and data.

Pros

Free phone and lunch sometimes

Cons

Long hours, small pay

Bad hours

Bad everything, it's what you would expect from working at a typical store, crazy hours and fast paced. I was lucky to have a friendly manager, but apart from that, I wasn't happy there. There's small room for growth, and the salary is very low and not motivating. There's also too much favouritism. Thanks

Competitiveness,sometimes very complex as a result unwillingness of other colleagues

You have a lot to learn by yourself and if not walala wasala it's all up to you individually you got to make an effort otherwise you ain't gonna learn nothing as there is no one pushing you to do things and if you about laziness then you might be more lazy as result of no one will be following you to commit yourself.

Pros

Ayikho free lunch

Cons

Mnandi hours

Customer oriented, and live by their values

Best place to work, helps you grow they value their staff members. You free to be autonomous and the technology it's the best. The company is customer friendly, I love the idea for workshops which allow customers to be creative and get the feel of the storeand it's products.

Best Company to work for 😊

Fun workplace. You get to manage yourself. We have a smart tool (Phone) that makes our job very easy and gives great customer service. We are digital 😀 😎 Leroy Merlin Customers are well taken care off 😀 I Gaurantee it 🤪👏👏

Pros

Power of anatomy 💪

Cons

Having a customer leave unsatisfied.

Fun and Autonomous Workplace

Leroy Merlin gives each individual an opportunity to learn both from the company and for yourself. They also give you an opportunity to make your decisions.

LEROY merlin is good retail company I like the culture of the company no stress at all just do your part and stay productive

The only thing that they must consider is salary adjustment cause if you understand pay your employees you creating, laziness unfaithfulness..........

Pros

Sometimes

Long Hours/ Under paid

The CEO of the Company manages with emotions and hold grudges that can lead to contract termination Salary not consistent,no overtime No compassion from management.

Pros

Company Cell Phone

Cons

Long hours/Under paid

fun workplce

nice place to work just the is fovorism and lack of management they always want someone work on the scared because they can teminate contract the colaborators need favour to their HOD by speaking bad by others

Pros

free cellphone

Cons

sunday long hours without double

What I learned

I came to Leroy merlin without any retail or warehousing experience but within a month time I mastered the system,I now train new staff members and I'm the acting department manager in absentia of my line manager.

Great place

The culture and what is being built is great, believing in a dream and building it is awesome. The reality is the lack of benefits is somewhat a drawback.

Pros

great work culture

Cons

no benifits

flexible

Its results driven environment ,and highly competitive . i learned a lot about sales and working in a team .dealing with difficult customers was rather challenging but fun

Fun Workplace

Great Company to work for. Though too much bullying of employees and favoritism over other employees. Sometimes makes you ask the question of integrity and professionalism.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Favoritism

Fun and Fulfilling

The environment is very welcoming and productive. Being part of the HR Team is fun and fulfilling, I have gained a lot of experience in recruitment and administration, so I deal with different people on a daily basis which is also great because the company is very diverse and gives opportunity to all.

productive place

My typical day work was be sitting in a chair, collecting all the items chosen by customers. When my turn ended I had to close the journal cash and as soon I finished my job I came back home. The managers were'nt nice people. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting my teammates.

Pros

15 minuts to have a lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leroy Merlin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 4 682 reviews