Life Health Care

Life Health Care Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Workplace

It was nice working there.ive learn a lot. The staff were friendly.working as a team it was a nice thing.working under pressure sometime.l like working at healthcare because you learn a lot about nursing and medical field.

Collaborative work environment

The time I worked at Live, I enjoyed it. The only thing that I moved away was for more money. I'm talking about more than 10 years ago so I've no idea how the salary scales are now, but I think if they keep the salary scales Globally competitive they would attract and keep very good talent including myself. I'm a RN, degree in nursing management and education and busy with my master's degree. Make me a good offer and I'm yours. It was and still will be an honor to work for you. The way you run your company is impeccable. Keep up the good work. **********10 golden stars

Pros

Free lunches, cares about your employees wellbeing and your patiens

Cons

Medi-nurses

Professional working experience

Management was gud and fair but work load was too much for one proffesional nurse to work in emergency unit alone without having a stuff nurse.yes that was hectic some time u don't get chance to eat whole day

Pros

There's incentives

Cons

12 hour shift

Outocratic style of management where unesessaryy

Bring staff on board if changes are to occure pre implementation. Being considerate to employees for productivity to occure. It has been a fast growing company that valued employees by empowering them. A drastically unxplanable change occured.

Not the greatest place to work for

It is in my opinion that LHC has stopped investing in their most valuable commodity, the people that work for them......hence the resignations. It has become evident that the workers are not of any value to the company. This is the reason why so many experienced staff has opted to leave and rather join government institutions. This speaks volumes for the quality of care patients are receiving at the hospital

Very friendly and professional staff. Inside and outside always spotless

It was a good experience, I worked with friendly, dedicated and caring staff. There were very few minor incidents which was a blessing. Istill have contact with some of the staff. I have very fond memories of Kingsbury Hospital. The most difficult part was to sleep during the day because of barking dogs. When a staff member left there was always a farewell party with plenty to eat.

Life Health Care

Great company to work at. Management is empathetic towards staff. Unit managers engage with staff on a weekly basis. There are also bursaries available to staff who would like to further their career at LHC

Passionate and creative

I admire policies like NHS for example we treat people how we would like to be treated. Promote and keep dignity, privacy and wellbeing of people.A staff must attain trust and appreciation from service users.we focuss on what matters most.we do what we say we are going to do.we are one team and we are the best when we work together.Be accountable by making sure you can answer for your omissions or actions.work in collaboration with our collegues to ensure the delivery of high quality safe and compassionate care and support.Respect a person's right to confidentiality.Uphold and promote equality,diversity and inclusion

Pros

Free meal while working

Cons

Flexible

Fun and productive

Its a good place, it's quite draining when theres a shortage of staff. I have leaned to handle pressure, and do my work they way my instructors told me to do.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Normal hours

Fun and exciting

The healthcare environment has been a passion. I love working in the field for it excites me. I'm a peoples person and like a busy environment. Working in healthcare there's never a dull moment.

User freindly

I worked as an professional nurse in general icu 23 bedded ..very busy unit ...i resigned due to my personal problem ..and i want a changed to explore more wit my profession...

Wonderful

Have learned working under pressure and solve problems on my own ,staff is great and loving,always willing to help, nursing patients in totality .going home exhausted but knowing that you have saved a life

Pros

Cons

12 hrs

going out for inspection to other hospital to view the surgeries there too is an awesome experience to me

on a typical day. at work, we work very hard, because there is a lot of patients coming for surgery and we have to make sure the doctors and patients are happy after that.i have learned lot of things during operations.when we are at work we have to make sure we respect every patients culture the hardest part of my job is working long hours and i always get tired but i have to help people.i enjoy helping people especially old people that can not do anything., include bathing them

Pros

free lunches

Cons

7 to 7

It's safe & easy

Is the most wonderful exprience.They allow you to learn & welcome you into their team. You are protect most all the time. Given the benefit of a doubt.

Pros

free lunces

Cons

Normal hours

just normal

It's that i have less income but more work to do but i keep going but i would like to improve myself more in other positions but there's no option available currently

Poor service provider

Worked as manager of CSSD wich was poorly stocked wit out dated equipment and a poorly designed layout. Rest of hospital re-designed and enlarged while the sterilization department could not cope with thye demands. Management made aware of short comings, but did nothing about it.

Pros

Cons

no management support

its a productive place

I learned a lot in the company. My unite manager pushed me to be the best nurse I am today. If only I got a chance to study further i would not leave the company.

Professional and Inspiring work environment

Professional and Inspiring work environment The management is competent and innovative. The benefits are acceptable in a long run.

Pros

allowence of time for rest days

Cons

suitable hours of work

Productive learning enviroment

I enjoyed a challenge , the opportunity to make a difference and start a new project . I enjoyed working with my co workers . I experience difficulty with the support of management . The hardest part was the no support .The most enjoyable part was the fact that through networking you where able to apply solutions to your challenges . The diversity was an enjoyable challenge .

Pros

Vcp

Cons

Long hours nad standby

proffesional growth

professional growth. did not give the opportunity to grow, in full. management don't give staff already employed the opportunity that they need to further themselves in the workplace.

Pros

good sallary

Cons

oppertunity

Problem solver

I was first to be on duty to greet any potential problems first before they can become big issues of the day or being surprised by any problems. Then I would make my rounds to check all aspects of my work environment if all is in its place, check theatre schedules and look ahead how the next day might look like. Then it was off to do my theatre cases which was assigned to me for the day. The rest of the day was filled with whatever from product complains to my cleaning personnel not being efficient enough.

Pros

Weekends and public holidays off.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Life Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance