Loews Hotels & Co
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Loews Hotels & Co Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

The people

Overall, Loews Hotel is a good place to work and there is advancements in your job. They need to have higher wages but the food is good, good employer-employee communication.

Helpful management, training provided

Management very helpful when it came to training and answering questions.Having a banquet facility attached always meant something going on. Got to meet interesting people, some celebs.

Great company

I’ve been here for a short time and experience has been nothing but positive. Easy work. Great pay. Great benefits. Good culture. Great opportunity to further career.

In my opinion, understaffed with unrealistic expectations

They have continued to add properties (increase work volume) without compensating the employees who already have a high turnover. This is the only company I've ever seen that does not have someone in leadership responsible to supply their employees with accurate up-to-date information needed to perform the roll in one place. You are required to have verbal conversations and assist guests at the same time as you have different written conversations and assist different guests, all while needing to use the same or completely different programs for each conversation. There is no followup education for new hires when they do not know what to do. In general, the organization of data and communication is not what it should be for this kind of company. At times, there have been 3 employees taking all calls and texts for every single guest services property and incoming reservation call. It's unrealistic to have that kind of staff shortage without fair compensation (at minimum) and expect people to stay. It's also inconsiderate of employees (in my opinion) to, on their hardest days with callouts and staff shortages, expect them to not take any extra needed time between calls to complete work or have a 5 second break.

Pros

If you put in a request for a day off a month in advance, you will likely get it.

Cons

See above.

Poorly ran!!

There is no accountability.. staff runs management! They are more worried about bodies then actually running a positive work environment. Their motto is we are Family but there is no support.They are more worried numbers then being supportive and taking care of their own.

Benefits

Cons

Lack of accountability and being unappreciated

No flexibility

When I first started I was really excited really hoping that this could be a great opportunity! Then after a few months I started to see how the job was taking a huge toll on my mental heath and being super overwhelmed with a work from home job! how does that happen?. Working remote you would think you would have the flexibility as most remote jobs do along with somewhat good pay. Well I hate to break that to anyone who is thinking about applying for the remote position because that is DEFINITLY not the case. When I first applied I was told I did not have to work weekends unless I REALLY wanted to..LIE, That was a huge reason why I took this job was to have more of a set schedule or flexibility. I went from having a decent social life to not being able to make plans because the schedules tend to come out pretty late an once they come out they close any time off up to 3 weeks in advance, Which is super frustrating. With the amount of workload that is put on us for remote workers does not match the pay That is for sure.. Management, there is a ton of micromanaging, the turn over rate is super high which now I understand why. I mean One day in Nov everyone who was trained on 9 hotels randomly started to get calls from our other hotels that we were never trained on and we were told it was Temporary come to find out later on that they are here to stay with no reinforcement to help with the extra calls or giving us any type of heads up which has made the call volume horrendous. There are days where you do not have time to breathe in between calls and also try to keep up with the -

An exciting , productive & fun place to work

Overall, Loews Hotels & Co offered, a great work place experience. Provided me the privilege of meeting a diverse group of co-workers, positive interaction with other departments, leadership with growth potential as well. My immenent thoughts of Lowes Hotels & Co. , Is to consider re-applying

Pros

A vast array of benefits such as providing laundered uniforms & dress attire for Supervision staff, employee meals, to name a few.

Cons

At times it may be necessary to forgo & or shorten break & lunch times, in the event of this occurrence, it is to exceed guest expectations & ensure guest of the most joyous visit

good place to get started

great first job. not sure about advancement.work is straightforward. Customer service oriented people should do well here. it gets a little busy but benefits and management are good.

stay away!!!

do yourself a favor and stay away from this company. the management only cares about their end of year bonuses and the upper management only cares about the bottom line. they drill customer service into your brain but do not practice what they preach.

Horrible Management

The management team is not on your side and will not own up to mistakes that they make. They do not have enough people and will continuously pile on more work to your already high workload. They do not honor shift changes or accommodate the schedules, they do not notify you when you are on different shifts and you will have to find out when the schedule comes out 3 days before the week of. This is a great place to work if you enjoy managers that have no back bone, zero communication, nonsensical meetings daily (literally there was a meeting where they asked what we liked on our pizza, when there were so many updates for the departments). Avoid this place like the plague, low pay and high workload.

You will get burned out real quick!

I wanted to love this job, but was truly disappointed after only a few months. My group was trained to take calls from only nine of hotels and without warning all (26) of the hotels started calling mid November causing the call volume to become outrageous. Not enough workers for the amount of calls coming through. We were told there was a glitch in the system and the additional calls were temporary, only to find out they were there to stay. False promises. Constant turnover rate and I can see why. Too much micromanaging. The schedule was awful. Nobody knew their schedules until last minute so it was hard to make plans. My mental health was at risk due to the non stop calls along with keeping up with the live chats. Not enough compensation for our position. We were promised gift cards at Christmas for all of our OT, but then afterwards they changed their minds by adding it to our paycheck and taxing it. I was miserable and completely burned out within a few months. The only positive was working from home.

Hollywood Location

630 room hotel which runs on 2 FDA and 1 bellman most days. We were perpetually short staffed at the front desk. The property seems to have an identity crisis so no telling what type of guest you’ll be helping. It can go from a family, to somebody who is in Hollywood to party, to somebody here for work. The property itself doesn’t cater to any of these groups of people (again identity crisis ) so often times you’ll end up with a family next to somebody who’s smoking pot; & the people who are there for work well the property is not equipped for such traveller because the Internet it’s not reliable and there truly is no business center to speak of. Very high turnover in the front office management team. therefore, nobody stays long enough or cares to actually fix the department. This is also the hotel where I have receive the most housekeeping complains on a daily basis out of all hotels that I have ever worked at. You literally will not go a single shift without dealing with some sort of cleanliness issue. Again nobody’s ever held accountable so problems are not fixed because there’s no follow-through.Hourly pay is decent because you will be union, medical insurance is cheap because of the same reason.I absolutely loved the people that I worked with but management let’s the team down on a daily basis By showing how little they care.

Nice Hotel

Nice place. Management is always stressed and figuring out stressful situations. Union is great. It's good to be part of a team that cares about your well-being

Not great but not the worst either

Your typical customer service job in hospitality. Management hides in offices while you are constantly getting stepped on by guests. Not the worse place to work at but far from the best. If the pay was higher the cons could have easily been overlooked.

Security Officer

I loved the department but everybody had an ego. The director is very soft and disconnected with the officers. I left because there is no order, no structure, everybody does whatever they want and there are NO CONSEQUENCES. There's a lot of favoritism. Some shift work great but others don't. The department needs a leader and not somebody that's going to be playing hide and seek and avoiding officers. Somebody that gives orders and not the other way around.

Pros

Free food, good schedule

Cons

No discipline, no structure and no leadership

This is an amazing place to work. Management actually cares about its employees. Amazing benefits, paid time off, health insurance and a bunch of other perks. The company as a whole had examplerary behavior during the pandemic giving each and everyone of its employees 2 installments of $500. Now it offers complementary mental health support for all its employees affected by the pandemic. Highly recommend.

No comments....It was okay somewhere to earn a paycheck.

I was not happy at Loews company. The salary was not good. Under paid for the quality and quantity of work. The health benefits were great. The lunch wad good. The communication was poor.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Salary

overworked and underpaid

understaffedoverworkedunderpaidunreasonable expectationswork not spread around through all departmentsguests can be childishdifferent rules from hotel to hotel

Truly enjoy working here , although it’s a Corporation it is still ran like an independent business so your not just a number.

Truly enjoy working here , although it’s a Corporation it is still ran like an independent business so your not just a number and they truly care about the employees

Pros

Free lunch, amazing culture, lots of room to grow and develop

Cons

The other varies on the Orlando properties

A One ⭐ place to work

A One star company. No loyalty to their workers. If you have any personal problems of any kind your not worth anything to them. Would not recommend staying there let alone working there. Place is filled with mold and a lot more hidden health problems. Manager is greedy horrible place to be. They promise a lot provided nothing but lies.

the pay at Loews Hotels are great, the benefits are even better. Its a really good company to work for

I enjoyed my time at Loews. If it wasnt for Covid19 i would still be there. We got shut down in 2020, of course its back open but like i said, my time there was great i would recommend to anyone interested in the hotel busines

Pros

free lunch, great benefits like 401k, health insurance, etc

Cons

demanding but thats the industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Loews Hotels & Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,7 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Loews Hotels & Co
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?