LSG Sky Chefs
3,6 out of 5 stars.
View all LSG Sky Chefs reviews

LSG Sky Chefs

LSG Sky Chefs Employee Review

Exciting ever changing work place

LSG Sky Chefs serves an customer and industry that is at the forefront of FMCG's. 21 International Airlines, means thousands of meals and it feels like even more meal options than staying a year at the Four Seasons. Individual First Class meals made by Executive Chefs, from thousands of components and its a typical day if there is new customer requirements 4 hours before the flight departs. This is an exiting industry with no one day to the next being the same. A competitive industry with low margins. Supported by a multinational company like LSG Group / Lufthansa international visitors and visits are plenty. Hope the industry can recover to its former glory after C19!

Pros

Tee and lunch time meals are provided by the company.

Cons

Airports never sleap, so this is a 24 hours 365 day operation.

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
4,0 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same location

Productive and a perfect place to learn more about hygiene

It was productive, clean and the best place to do business with and exciting as well. We had fun which made us to love our job. it was so easy working for Lsg sky chefs. Our management made it easy they'd come up with strategies to make our job easy with our help ofcause

Pros

Free lunches, free food parcels and some gifts

Cons

Longest hours

Productive and fun

Working at LSG skycef is fun and interesting because you cook for different flight from different country and learn about ather nations cousin, cookin

Productive and Rewarding

workimg for LSG had its own ups and downs. the difficulty came in when you had to descipline an employee for misconduct. there will be a lot of struggles with the employee and their representatives(union). rewards came in the form of activities and fun days and celebrations like, family days, Heritage days and long service celebrations for the employyees.the hardest part of it all was the dismissal of employees that have committed a miscoduct. some of the employees acknowledges their mistakes however the rest will always take you to the CCMA for unfair dismissal.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSG Sky Chefs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 416 reviews

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,3 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,2 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • LSG Sky Chefs
  • Exciting ever changing work place