LSG Sky Chefs

LSG Sky Chefs Employee Reviews

South Africa26 reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 391 reviews

Exciting ever changing work place

LSG Sky Chefs serves an customer and industry that is at the forefront of FMCG's. 21 International Airlines, means thousands of meals and it feels like even more meal options than staying a year at the Four Seasons. Individual First Class meals made by Executive Chefs, from thousands of components and its a typical day if there is new customer requirements 4 hours before the flight departs. This is an exiting industry with no one day to the next being the same. A competitive industry with low margins. Supported by a multinational company like LSG Group / Lufthansa international visitors and visits are plenty. Hope the industry can recover to its former glory after C19!

Pros

Tee and lunch time meals are provided by the company.

Cons

Airports never sleap, so this is a 24 hours 365 day operation.

I was assit the one who is not finished.

Actually it was good for time to start 7:00 in the morning and finish job by 6:30 basically i did enjoy to work with workers as team so that we can make our job easy and save our coustom in good time.Not to take long time on lunch but we still have job incomplete job.

Pros

Time 12:00 back 12:30

Cons

30minutes

Productin first priority

It is a good company with some benefits also workers they motivate each other. They also give training and also they take unqualified employers to to school.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Free clinic for staff

It's a great place to work at

I was once an Lsg employee and it's a great company to work for .and it has a lot of opportunities I would love to go back again nice environment pace

LSG SKY CHEFS help me a lot especially on how to plan your route trip and that you must always be on time and the management were very supportive. Working at sky chefs was great

More like working with family than friends.

Working at LSG Sky Chefs was an absolute blast. Management treat staff very well. Staff are well mannered and it was just a very friendly environment to be in. I was there for 11 years and if I had a choice I would've loved to retire from the LSG. Unfortunately due to personal reasons I had to leave the company. I would recommend this company as much as I can as it was the one place I was happiest at. One would look forward to going to work and just knowing that the environment was pleasant, was a bonus in itself. Thanks to LSG, I now have all my qualifications and more.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Productive and a perfect place to learn more about hygiene

It was productive, clean and the best place to do business with and exciting as well. We had fun which made us to love our job. it was so easy working for Lsg sky chefs. Our management made it easy they'd come up with strategies to make our job easy with our help ofcause

Pros

Free lunches, free food parcels and some gifts

Cons

Longest hours

Productive and fun

Working at LSG skycef is fun and interesting because you cook for different flight from different country and learn about ather nations cousin, cookin

Productive with low salary

Lsg isn't or wasn't a bad company to work at i learned alot. Just yhe the salary was very low for the amount of work you had to do an management wasnt very nice to work with no communication with staff at Times.

Pros

Free breakfast an lunch

Cons

Low salary for hard work

Productive and Rewarding

workimg for LSG had its own ups and downs. the difficulty came in when you had to descipline an employee for misconduct. there will be a lot of struggles with the employee and their representatives(union). rewards came in the form of activities and fun days and celebrations like, family days, Heritage days and long service celebrations for the employyees.the hardest part of it all was the dismissal of employees that have committed a miscoduct. some of the employees acknowledges their mistakes however the rest will always take you to the CCMA for unfair dismissal.

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Fun work place

It was nice and fun working there and we were delivering our food to our customers as we promised as it seen on the spec we made sure to put a smile on our customers at the end of the day

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

9hours per day

Fun Place to work for but not in December holidays

I started working for LSG Sky Chefs not knowing anything about food how to do plating and baking bread and pies i have gained the passion for food through this company.

It was a productive workplace

It was a healthy and hygiene workplace We catered for international flights The bosses were very kind and friendly They treated everybody fairly and equally

It was great working experience learning new things as working with different people from part of the world

I was a truck driver catering the most of the Airlines international and Domestic great working with different clients but stressful sometimes due to high pace and volume of the job.

lsg over all good i like to work

cince i joined lsg i did not gett any problem it was wonderfull place to work lsg sky chef manegemant was good compney provded good fecileti work place is to good i am very happy to work the lsg so i need join agean lag sky chef

They have a good working environment for qualification they needed.

The management is excellent they interact with employees on their level of work description and accept any comment and suggestion about the work which would help the company.

I enjoy working for Lsg Sky Chefs

There is only one problem for working for this company they are playing with our mind telling us that the company is not making profits meanwhile the company is still running and business is still continuing growing air crafts are engaging with the company I am so hurt broken they even took increase of 7% Sunday money.

A very productive work place and meeting deadlines preparing different dishes for flight clients.

Driving from client to client delivering services to refrigeration and air con equipment.Also carrying out emergency repairs and diagnosing faults on refrigeration and ellectrical equipment. Assisting junior mechanics and apprentices tellephonically with technical imfomation and data to resolve problems on site. Trying to satisfy a client that has been dissapionted with our company services and trying to convince them and winning them over to keep them as ongoing clients .

Pros

Free lunches every day that is freshly prepared .

Cons

working odd hours fromm time to time when been on standby and repairs have to be carried out.

Working together

LSG management still poor, they don't take care of the stuff. And as well as safety is poor there is no PEP, When you clam they have to give problems first.

Poor

The company has no cash flow an is spending more than their income. Staff and not higher management gets blamed and no communication with the shop floor

Pros

free lunch

Cons

No Job Security

An enjoyable environment

Day starts out with checking/replying to emails/calls. Walkthrough of the entire unit(in-house audit). Liaising with cleaning supervisor and staff. Checking of production, quality inspections on meals, equipment and final flights. An absolute bliss to work with such great management. Large diversity in the workplace. Hardest part of my job would be month end when all quality inspection needs to be submitted. Most enjoyable part of my job was having to work with such a great bunch of people

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LSG Sky Chefs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 391 reviews