MacDonald's Transport

MacDonald's Transport Employee Reviews

The environment was ok to work I really enjoyed working there until our contract was terminated the experienced I gained there I am willing to utilized it for my future employees and I will be more efficient and effective because of my driving experince
A typical day at Macdonals Transport would consist of exiting drivers,following up of existing queries and dealing with loads of filling. I learned a lot at the company and about myself. Maintaining a training record was the one thing I had no clue on when I first started there and then I had to teach myself what its all about and the importance of it. The work culture are very relaxed and everyone are like a big family. The hardest part of my job would be searching for documents and closing IOD cases. The most enjoyable part was that I get to engage with a lot of different people on a daily bases.
Excellent work environment , best job I ever had, learned so much. From management to co-workers good relationships. Hours normal 7 to 5. If you had a family problem are very understanding and helpful.
The depot manager was employing close friends and took the time to fit in his boyfriend who is unskilled ad and unprofessional thinking that the company belongs to he and his husband to be
Macdonalds is nice transport company to work for and is a great company to work with and I am very excited about the opportunities that I have in my career in the industry
i choose not to take part in this review for personal reasons i do not feel that i can add anything here that may be useful. I finished off there on a good note and would like to keep it that way
I am a truck driver and like to drive truck all my life.we had every 2nd weekend off.I was never involved in any kind off accident and i'm a non drinker.I am positive hardworking and always do my best.
Pros
Jan 2012
Cons
Mrt 2013
its a good place you work to but as a student who need part time job you learn lot of things like how to treat other callogues in workplace the management its friendly and always want a business to achieve it main goal
The hardest part of the job is to do 3 persons jobs and get paid 1 salary. Start at 7H00 in the morning and work till 7H00 at night earning 8 hours pay per day, is not easy but do-able. No overtime is paid and you work seven days a week. At the end of the day it is a job and put food on the table for your family. I have enjoyed my time at the company and got to learn a lot about transport but salary wise it was too much. Trnsport is not for "sussies".
Pros
working through luch
Cons
Plan your day and stick to the plan at all costs it will affect the next day or plan.I have learned to respect other people and cultures over the past 20 years The hardest part of any Job is to let people go .Respect other people and they will respect but do not get fooled, eliminate a problem or a problem person as soon as possible, The most enjoyable part is to give some credit where credit is due and when targets or goals have been reached Team work no other way
Pros
Incentive Schemes
Very challenging job. I don't get to spend a lot of time with my family. I am on 5 different work whatsapp groups, which make it a little hard to live a normal life. I am on 24 hour standby but non the less i like my job.
Pros
Provident fund
Cons
A typical day at work starts at 07:00am, and finishes past 20:00pm in the evenings, every second weekend as well. Every second weekend I work, without overtime, or time and a half. Unfortunately we also dont have leave days. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to work in Logistics, as this is my passion.
Cons
No overtime or time and a half
long hours at workshop and doing breakdowns from kzn to gauteng , free state and eastern cape, harsh working environment with little benefits and no family life, although the physical work was very satisfactory and the CEO was a brilliant person.
Pros
satisfactory in my work
Cons
no family life
I enjoy working at MacDonald's Transport. It is an challenging experience every day as no day is the same as the previous. As every day is different from the previous you are in the position to learn something new everyday.
I can represent them. It's quite an experience towkrk for them. Might not be the best for somebody else but for me was super. Only problem management.
THEIR TRUCKS And trailers maintenance kept transport in good condition friendly management makes it easy to get the best quality work done and on time
Pros
Lunch with double tea breaks
Cons
see the country busy all day start at 04:00 untill 23:00 work with different people and cultures which is very interesting
Cons
long hours not family friendly
hard work and dedication was vital because I would be away from my wife and kids for a week or 2 and have 2 or days at home for rest. I travelled long distances which made me suffer from fatigue but also taught me the need to listen to my body. I would stop and rest whenever I feel tired and take power naps when feeling really sleepy. I had a very good relationship with my co-workers as and my management as I am a easy going and friendly person who understands and tolerates different personalities.
Cons
No benefits and no room for growth. No team building opportunities. No gratitude shown on completion of out of scope jobs. Not adaptable to change and moving forward with technology.
Pros
Salary is market related
Cons
long hours, no benefits, no gratitude shown
Macdonald Transport is one of the biggest and the best companies in the transport business. A typical day at work is busy and you have to manage your time to complete your daily task. All employees of MacDonald Transport know what is expected of them and we work well as a team.
Pros
permanent imployment, providend fund and other benefits
Cons
Long hours, few promotion possibilities
Enjoyable but high stress work environment with supportive management that takes care of the employees. Employees all work well together with little or no politics.
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
High stress work environment