Maersk

Maersk Employee Reviews

South Africa29 reviews
4,0
if you are dedicated and a hard worker then this job is for you. Many great opportunities and you meet a lot of people, even internationally. you learn a lot and grow experience so fast.
Pros
well
1,0
Terrible management staff is overworked to capacity and very unhappy, but not much choice they have to deal with the abuse and rudeness from management as they depend on their job
5,0
I felt honored to work for such a great company. They invest a lot in there people. Reviews are done every six month to ensure we are always educated with current shipping trends. Hard work is part of our daily lives.
5,0
Maersk is a great company to work with that values employee's opinion and their well being.

They pay above market level in Shipping Industry.

Work life balance is well maintained by the management.
5,0
Very good work culture and positive place to work. Would recommend working for this company. Positive learning environment as well as being provided with a satisfactory, hands on, work experience.
5,0
I worked in a team comprised of 2 people and we would have to travel to four different work sites all owned by the company and help reboot their system while individually going to each employee and identifying bugs and removing any files and reinstalling and connecting the employees back to their system in order for them to continue work. We would interact with other employees and held meetings with other teams and the sites we were with about when certain software would be safe to reuse and how the employees should go about using the system
1,0
My overall experience was OK at safmarine. Just found their loyalty at the end very appalling towards workers that has worked for them for years as the working conditions deteriorated over the years.
4,0
Great people, lots of potential, teams work well, management is a bit slow to make decisions and act on them. Salaries are not level across job functions, especially with expats around.
4,0
Great company with local culture, rigid in processes, but good place. people are nice. HR takes care of managers though and salaries are not fair across the same job function.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Maersk?
5,0
Great company to work for if you're truly passionate about being on the sea and shipping. The conditions are tough but if you can stomach it then you will enjoy the travel and money
Pros
Money and travel
Cons
Life at sea and the time in port which is a little
5,0
Work on the Maersk system to track containers and produce reports of where they are and which are due for repairs and which are ready for allocation. Setting the depot where the containers can be stored. Manage 3 other staff members. Client Liaison. Management meetings. Travel for training purposes. Submission of reports to international offices all around the world.
Pros
Medical, pension, paid leave, international travel
Cons
short breaks, very hectic schedules, lots of pressure
4,0
Started out in 2008, great company culture. Great work ethic. Company work ethic now being dragged down by the use of cheap labour and using underskilled staff from poorly trained backgrounds.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Poor work ethic, too much incompetent staff
4,0
I enjoyed working at Maersk. It was a good environment with lots of talented and hard working people. Made alot of friends there too and am still friends with people that have left or are still working there. I was encouraged to travel for work.
5,0
I worked at sea and I enjoyed the experience. They have a very good training program and they take care of their employees. It is an excellent company
3,0
Worked here for 26 years. Once I got into IT, I found my dream job. Every day was different and challenging. Loved to get up and go to work. Was able to learn a great deal. Started in Imports in Freightmarine, Transferred to Saflink with Safmarine and Freightmarine amalgamated. Then Transferred to Safmarine. Became part of the AP Moller Group when they bought Safmarine. was moved to IBM when IT services was outsourced. Was moved back to Maersk Line when IT services was brought back in-house.
5,0
Excellent company. Opportunities to get promoted Worldwide and relocation packages. Excellent management team that assists staff and motivate them to meet deadlines and supply top customer service levels
4,0
Every experience is different; but, MSK allows you to make the most of opportunities across the group, globally. This has allowed me to work with great, passionate people in a variety of locations across various business functions.

The shipping industry is a tough environment and constantly changing. Those who are not agile enough, tend to seek greener pastures elsewhere.
Pros
Travel, Career Development
Cons
Job security
4,0
It is a good company to work for good friendly people of different nationalities every day is different but you learn something new all the time I have gained much experience in most fields of the work
Cons
Hours is fine
1,0
Highly Intelligent Management team and colleagues. Good Team Spirit. 3 key words i can say about Maersk, Good Focus, team work and simplicity of all processes, making its services user friendly and leading to high rate of customer satisfaction.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long Hours
4,0
Focused on cost-saving and efficiency, all colleagues work towards the goals of reduced empty stock, increased loading on vessels, and minimum spend on fuels. We learnt to work in tough environment as in Africa and work closely with the local African colleagues.
4,0
8hr work day. Flexible hours. Lunch anytime between 1pm and 2pm.
Vending machines and coffee readily available. Easily complete tasks at hand ,meeting deadlines.etc. Diverse group of co workers, many who were expats from all over the globe. This must of been the most enjoyable part of the job. An overall awesome company to work for.