Maitland Group

Maitland Group Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews
4,0
I loved working at Maitland as they invest a lot into their staff with various training and workshops. Brilliant with life work balance. You have the freedom to attend to personal unforeseen circumstances which is not always allowed at other businesses
Pros
Training staff
Cons
No senior management transformation
3,0
Only 6 months spent there.
Large group resulting in many opportunities available.

Good work life balance

Could work on focusing on employee engagement.
2,0
Culture is toxic and strict, no social interaction like talking while working. No lunch breaks. Many clicks or silos....no teamwork. People get worked out if they have an opinion. Opinions of staff are not considered. Management enjoy abusing their power of authority and love nitpicking or fault finding.
Pros
Market- related salaries
Cons
Poor mgt, no collaboration with staff and long hours.
5,0
awesome, fun to work and very helpful with knowledge when one needs some help certainly get some, so I would recommend to any one interested. So yeah.
4,0
Do daily payments for clients who disinvest from our unit trust funds
Help my colleagues process data from clients in order to meet certain deadlines during the day.

Load prices and rates into system then kick batches off so that the system can process all information that were processed during the day.

The culture at work is very team orientated

Management were very relaxed as staff took ownership of their responsibilities and duties.

The hardest part of my job was the stress that came with meeting deadlines,as my work were very deadline driven.

The most enjoyable part of my job were resolving clients queries
5,0
I learned more about communication skills, leadership skills, project management skills and data analysis. My work experience has further developed my capacity:
• to be efficient and professional in all tasks

• to interact and liaise with the public

• to meet deadlines

• to be punctual

• to work harmoniously and co-operatively in the work environment
4,0
I enjoyed working at Maitland as it was one of my first professional experience and the staff was helping me with everything I needed to learn. I learned everything about the financial industry.
2,0
Long Working hours expected with little to no increases. Not overtime paid and if any is paid it would be after a lengthy fight.

Management does not in-act changes put in by employees for their betterment
3,0
Maitland was a good learning experience. The company is very professional. So far the best automated administration company. There is potential for growth and advancement.
1,0
I have been employed at Maitland for just under a year and I am extremely unhappy with the work environment. Nit-picking superiors. Forced overtime. Denied leave. You will not survive if you do not have a thick skin. Cannot trust your co-workers. Lack of processes (which change overnight). Too many fingers in one pot make for delayed turnaround times. Zero work-life balance. Have I learnt anything while at Maitland? No. The hardest part of the job is having to force myself to go to the office. Most enjoyable pat of the job is leaving at the end of the day.
4,0
A typical day at work was very competitve. I learned to never take the objection of one call into the next. management was very encouraging when I was having a off day.the moral of the work was very good. the hardest part of the job was tring the leader of the team from month to month.The most enjoyable part of my job there was the great bonuses I received for over achievement.
Pros
special occasions free lunches.
Cons
temporary
4,0
I learned a lot at Maitland, more knowledge of accounting
I specialize on important issues such as Financial Accounting; Management Accounting; Business Information Systems; Taxation; Auditing; Commercial Law Office Data Processing; Office Practice; Business Practice; Communication
1,0
Its a dog show (because I cant say s word) - not sure how they are still in business. dysfunctional IT teams, no collaboration, teams operate in silo's, no trust/respect among teams, broken processes. plenty of learning opportunities but some rotten apples should be shown the door as well as the useless dinosaurs that do the bare minimum and are there just for a paycheck. management is unable to fix the culture because they are too concerned about their bottom line. hardest part is having to show up for work. most enjoyable part is when the day is over.
3,0
I am a finance-intern in finance control department in the day-to-day basis I am busy with the reconciling of the accounts of the holding companies, extracting trial balances and populating bank recons. In the month-end, I must ensure that accounts balances and prepare net settlements for each entity working hand in hand with my senior financial accountant. We have weekly meetings with my team to ensure that works done in time, the department is a very busy department but I have managed to control my stress level and managed to use my time effectively.
5,0
Maitland has been a good place to work with good people. The People have tried to achieve the vision but unfortunately constraints have resulted in drastic change
3,0
Friendly staff and good support from management. Can advance your career with Maitland. Excellent benefits. Workload is fair, but clients can be difficult as would be expected.
4,0
Maitland was a great place to work wish i could go back but i left for personal reasons at the time.

great staff good working environment.

typical day at work busy but fun learning there was always new things to learn, management was great great support workplace culture was fun and hard but we all stuck together.

the hardest part of the job was being a team leader and having to make decisions that was hard.

the most enjoyable part of the job was just the people and the new things you learn each day and getting to teach and pass on knowledge.
Pros
the people
Cons
structure
4,0
The company has lots of potential for people who like to take on a challenge. However the experiences differ across the company depending on the role you have, the manager you have and the department you are in.

Some people love the job and area they are in

Others totally hate it.

Biggest issue is that there are poor or no bonuses
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No bonuses
5,0
Really a great company to start your career and develop your own skils. You get to build a awesome relationship between co-workers. This company provides for every culture.
4,0
I like working with group, and make sure I contribute as much as I can in order for team to meat it goal within required time, i give advice when it is necessary panic when the satiation required me to do so but I never give up to objective of my team.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
No individual development.
3,0
The culture is something to get used to.

Do not include managers in decision making, nor do they inform them.

No accountability.