Mancosa
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Mancosa Employee Reviews

South Africa23 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

collaborative and good social environment

well programmed ahead of time lecturing to be professional and confident time management team culture part time lecturing student appraisal and acknowledgement

Pros

free water

Cons

long breaks

Wonderful company to work at. Most definitely a place to grow and develop. Managers are friendly and supportive and always mentoring us.All staff are united as departments and holistically as well.

Unreliable

A lot to learn about different processesPromotes centric work cultureNo job security as you are constantly placed on contract no matter how hard you work and try to prove yourself. NO benefitsEmployer is unreliable, tends to not want to take accountability for ineffective systems.HR always upload payslips 10 days after pay date

The beand is strong , but the culture and salaries are ver intolerable or unpleasant

It was OK at first , but the team is losing momentum and salaries are way lower than average and cannot cover my cost of living. I am not completely satisfied, I do not enjoy going to work anymore

Horrible workplace Racism

I will never work for Mancosa even if it's the last company on earth, I'd rather starve to death then work for Mancosa. They under pay you, people that are hired after you gets paid more than you, when you started before them. Managers are micromanaged by some lady who is very unprofessional if you ask me.

productive and fun workplace

great place awesome people good work ethic, sometimes it gets tough and you are under pressure but every job has its pros and cons, you just have to give your best each day and be thankful you have a job

Productive and growing environment

Company has majority of its staff compliment on contract, (despite having worked a number of years in the organisation). I am not too certain why they are set up this way. If you are interested in working with them, please bear this in mind and decide if you are at peace with it, as this will avoid false hopes of permanent employment. It is a family business and company that is committed to improve their outward brand appearance and international partnerships. They have a very great employee culture/experience. Very accomodating of life/work balance and can make the experience for employees that aren't so much as concerned of growth in their career fun. Employees who are happy to be in one role for a considerate number of years find the MANCOSA environment very fun, i came to learn in my tenure with them. Having said that, they are a great organisation if you are a committed individual who goes above and beyond and have express your desire to grow. They provide alot of training opportunities and projects to employees that possess leadership capabilities and a promising future in the organisation as far as their education, business and overall strategic acumen is concerned.

Pros

Team building, Managers lunch every friday and staff year end parties

Cons

Excessive long hours during peak seasons

Interesting work place and space

The company has been in operation for over 20 years and has good portential however as a family business it's plagued by nepotism. The company could do with better management that would take care of staff members better.

Pros

Opportunity to build a great network

Cons

I have always been passionate to work with students,so it makes job fun

My typical day at Mancosa would always begin with working with the best manager ever,Always made working fun enjoyable.I have gained extensive knowledge on different ways to treat different race groups. Work well with people always consider peoples different views and give the best customer service ever.Hardest part of the job is having to convince student who has no level of interest in bettering future through education.

Pros

recognition for good perfomamce

Fun Workplace

Mancosa is the best company to work for as they have company benefits, Provident Fund, Medical Aid and also they close for the Festive season to allow staff to rest for the new year.

Pros

Monetary Motivation

Cons

Salary

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mancosa?

Productive and good place to learn

A good friendly place to work at. You learn new things and management is helpful. The workplace has a good vibe. Everyday was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients. The most enjoyable is the satisfaction of someone you have assisted being happy with your service you have provided them with.

Pros

A good working environment

Cons

very fun and efficient institution

A typical day at work - morning meetings which is always beneficial. Then hard at work assisting students all day long. I learnt that hard work pays off - slowly but surely. I also learnt that doesn't mean that somebody higher than you is smarter than you. The hardest part of the job was the huge targets and difficult students. Most enjoyable part was teamwork and the flexible working hours. I also enjoyed watching the expressions on students faces when they find out that the have passed.

Pros

Corporate environment

Cons

company benefits

Marketing needs some improvements

Brand Management Social media and Online Coordination Management of Schools marketing Event Management Event Coordination Marketing/Advertising Strategy and implementation

Pros

Travelling

MANCOSA is an excellent institution whereby you can lean alot and gain alot of experience. you are trained to work and handle pressure. you develop the ability to handle difficult customers and prioritize duties.

Pros

overtime

Cons

long hours overtime

Fun workplace

I learned how to work in a team Management is supportive My co-workers are people who lifts me up when I'm down Hardest part of my job is when I'm required to inform clients about subjects that they have to repeat

Pros

Bonuses

Extremely involved environment

My typical day at work is busy and stressful, there is always something to be done. Along with this, I've learned to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines on time. My co-workers are fun and caring people and I enjoy working with them. The hardest part of the job is the difficult customers that I have to deal with on a daily basis, but I always manage to fulfill their requests none the less. The most enjoyable part about the job is the friendly co-workers that I work with.

Pros

Fun and caring staff

Cons

Long working hours

Challenging and fun workplace

it is a growing company with good resources at employee's disposal and there is room for improvement. Employees are regularly taken through skills development programs and encouraged to think outside the box. The working hours are long ,the overtime rate is not the best and the salary could be improved but the culture is rich and diverse and all employees work together like a well- oiled machine.

Pros

Growth Opportunities

Cons

I enjoy working with people and I am also a team player.

I administer study opportunities for dis disadvantaged employees for their respective companies to pay for their studies. I also offer assistance with their studies. I have learned patience and working with passion because money is not everything but personal fulfillment stays with one forever which is everything to me. I am the only man among three women whom I learn one or two things from them daily. The hardest part is only when I do not receive study material on time as this frustrates my students. I enjoy working with people irrespective of gender, color, culture or religion.

Pros

I hardly go out for a real lunch as time is of essence.

Cons

The only long hours I have is when I do library on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

It is a Stimulating and fun working environment.

Working for my company, has been an experience which has personally taught me a lot about myself as well has helped me grow as a person in a professional capacity. a typical day in the office would consist of answering telephone calls, meeting new people as they want more information regarding the institution and performing admin duties when required.My Co-workers are of an diverse cultural background which makes it interesting as you learn more and more about their lifestyles etc. The most difficult part of the job is when you have deadlines and everything happens at the same time. The management within the company as well as the broad of directors are such humble, down to earth individuals, which recognize your accomplishments and gives you recognition for a job well done. The one reason why i enjoy my job the most has to be my co-workers, they are always energetic, and enthusiastic about everything, the best part is that everyone fits within the business, each having their very own unique personality just fits which ultimately makes it a complete joy and honor to be part of such a dynamic group.

Pros

Excellent working environment

Cons

Not a lot of growth Potential

Productive and Fun Workplace

Staff members are always motivated to do more. I have learned how to keep a healthy balance between my job and work life. I have learned to work with different personalities. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a difficult client. Resolving all difficult issues at work, bringing new knew ideas and reaching of my targets is the most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Salary

It is a Good Workplace

A typical day at work is busy on your toes from the get go, students inquiring, phone ringing and Lecturers inquiring, i Have build up a lot of experience there and enjoyed it a lot, i have learned to take every day as it comes and put your 100% in everyday as everyday is different. Management was a bit of a problem as there was no order but all the staff at the best of our abilities came together and worked hard to make it a success. The hardest part of the job was when students really struggled or failed and you really couldn't help them but only advise, and also was leaving as my contract ended.

Pros

Had access to the library and could study with them also

Cons

Long hours until 11:00 at night

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mancosa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance