Manpower

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,4Pay & Benefits

Found 101 reviews matching the searchSee all 20 245 reviews

Professional experience and advancement opportunities

Manpower allowed me to learn many facets of the corporation I was working for. I was able to move to different departments and learn many skills in doing so. Was able to acquire permanent position within corporation I was temping for and move forward with my career. Definitely a positive stepping stone.

Pros

Advancement Opportunities

Benefits

Bring your people skills

People who interact well with others and are generally good at reading people will do well. Job can be stressful at times, especially lower paying jobs. Not really much room for growth, depending on the assignment.

Overall Good Pay

Overall good pay for short term assignment. At times hard to get a hold of recruiter to get things follow up on. She was a bit new, so I tried to be patient.

Pros

Good pay, flexibility and various opportunities

Cons

Management could be more knowledgeable and professional.

They do what they say they will and that’s find you work. Also if the job doesn’t fit you they allow you to select another business or option. Very good.

Pros

They pay you every week

Cons

The call warnings are over the top, also the fee they take from your checks be to high

Productive busy workplace

Not a good place to work for they treat you less because of the temp title. No pto, no bonuses, no anything. Paid less than full time(permanent) to do more work as a temp. It isn’t fair everyone should get paid the same of you are doing the same $12 vs $18 really.

Pros

Free lunch sometimes, get to leave early

Cons

No benefits, no PTO, takes forever to get moved to full time

Staffing Agency

I did alot of remote jobs that paid well but was not long term the staff at Manpower were ok my agent was hardly there and took them long to find me a job,

Will NEVER work for Manpower again

they took 158.00 from my check for insurance that I didnt request, and never gave me an insurance card and refused to pay me back....they are nothing but thiefs!!

Pros

Cons

will still money from you

Manpower is a good place to start a career

First, the pay is not fair but if you are really in need Manpower is a good place to start at. They do not pay for Holiday, Vacation or sick time unless you work with them for a certain time

Great support for well qualified candidates

I was happy with manpower as a temporary agency. The staff worked hard to communicate, connect me with good opportunities and ultimately landed me I'm a regular fill time position. My salary was very low as a temporary worker with no benefits to speak of but when I transitioned my salary doubled a.secured fill benefits

good

supportive colleagues, adequate training, pleasant working environment. great location, good salary. however, very clicky management and back stabbing

Flexibilty

the flexibility that is given through Manpower is probably one of my favorite things I enjoy about them. I conform my job needs to my life and not the other way around. I can choose what my pay rate should be, what hours I want to work, where I want to work, and how long I want to work there. I enjoy that no matter how many assignments I have throughout the year, my benefits are through Manpower and not the third party vendor, so that creates a positive safety net and reassurance.

Man Power is an agency that contracts jobs out to companies

Basically, I was assigned to IBM as an Exec. Admin Asst. through Manpower. So I can't rate "Manpower" per se since I didn't perform anything work wise directly for them.

Pros

Paid holidays

Cons

Hours limited to contracted hourly agreement.

Great service assisting employment when needed

Manpower assisted me working steadily in several different administrative assistant positions over a period of 2 plus years leading me to full time permanent position during a time when the economy was very rough. Management and office staff were more than accommodating to provide employment per request.

Pros

Employment made possible during a poor economical period

Cons

Temporary positions without benefits

Great staff, kept me busy!

I worked for them in various positions at Synovus for 18 months prior to my being hired perm by Synovus. I was very pleased with the staffing recruiter who kept me busy and the pay-rates she was able to get for me.

Pros

Great staff!

Cons

Health insurance takes too long and is too expensive.

Great recruiter who kept me working!

I highly recommend Manpower. If you work hard for them, they'll work hard for you. The recruiter really listened to what I wanted from a temp or perm position and she nailed it each time. She kept me busy at a fortune 500 company who eventually hired me as a permanent employee.

Pros

Assignment flexibility and diversity.

Cons

No benefits.

My assignment location from Manpower was great. I would have liked more compensation, health benefits and more than earned paid sick leave that amounts to 1 hour of paid sick leave per 1 week worked. There has been no open enrollment in over 9 months but the people and staff are kind, knowledgeable, and supportive. They also offer tuition assistance.

Pros

Training

Cons

No real health benefits

Decent jobs

Quick turnaround time, so you’re not without a job. Office staff is nice. Weekly pay is good. Benefits are offered. They offer training classes to help advance.

Manpower Corporate Exposure

Manpower encourages customer service excellence and engaging partnerships to ensure team success and internal employee satisfaction. Supported community events, including time to volunteer for Meals on Wheels.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Compensation not enough to live on your own in San Diego

Temp Job

Since this was a temp to perm position, it is not really fair for me to place a review. It is a good way to get a feel for a position that you would like long term

Low salary, no benefits, no advancement

I provided admin support to execs and paid low with no benefits. They offer health insurance but it is so bad and expensive its not worth it. They pay you for a holiday after you complete an amount of hours and work day before and day after the holiday. Otherwise you have no increases in salary which is so low you cannot live on your own, I have a wonderful manager so I'm fortunate but that's the only bright spot in this job.

Pros

Manager is good

Cons

Everything else; pay, raises, benefits are not good at all

Good

A good temp company to work for the people that would find me the jobs were very nice. The pay would depend on the assignment you was on and how much the customer was paying