Marriott International, Inc.
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

South Africa55 reviews
5,0
Working at the Westin Hotel in Cape Town as a commi chef was wonderful. I've never in my professional career as a chef experienced such friendly hospitality from all staff and it's management team. I can only praise them enough for making my time always a pleasure being around them. It felt like home really.
Pros
Always be on time and diligent, Be honest and curtious at all times, They also say that honesty is the best policy
Cons
Never go into your work place with personal problems, Do not take that doesn't belong to you, Don't be lazy and never backchat to your superior, Follow instructions promptly
5,0
Its great Experience working for the large group such as Marriott International, Staff comes first ,working equipment high class and good communications and team of managers and Associates, I will park runs, Take care and the Marriott Core vales are the best.
Pros
Free lucnh fro Guest
Cons
8 Hours
2,0
Fun workplace and an opportunity to meet with new people every day.Management sucks though as they are mistreating stuff and payment is peanuts.Staff must bring own lunches because they're prohibited by management to get any beverages nor food while they work for a company that works with food.Management has a policy to throw away food which could've helped some staff who can't afford to buy or bring their own food to work.Iam so disgusted by the Stellenbosch TechnoPark branch as they are inconsiderate of staff that brings revenue to the business yet are subject to such inhumane behavior.

I'd never recommend them to anyone else including friends and family as they enslave their staff with long hours and small payments.
Pros
No lunches for staff
5,0
Working for the group is very challenging yet good because you get to learn more and develop your self in different skills which I appreciate and will forever be great full.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long Hours
They preserve culture.
Respect amongst associates

Helpful, teamwork and committed to providing great service to customers

They care for their employees.
Pros
Initiative for staff
Cons
No growth in some sidciples of the business.
4,0
I am a hart working team player, willing to learn. Open for for any advice, working at the company is a best thing, the managers the are the best open for advice and mentoring.
3,0
Awesome people to work with. Culture is great but certain management is not cool.

I found myself integrating easily with the people as they were lovely.

Management depending on where you find yourself within the organization is lovely but do but not everywhere.

overall my experience w
5,0
Well when i was an employee at the Marriot international, at the beginning thing`s were hard but as time went on i got familiar with the job and performed in my full effort daily to meet and address the procedures and requirements of the job.
5,0
Always be as honest as possible,if u don't understand please speak your your supervisor or your manager management always try they best to make your work easy and always give a hand and be helpful make sure u have all your things u gonna need to do your job.. love what u do and it will be so easy and please respect the next person.
4,0
Everything feels great except the salary so they must sort it out and team is very good but management doesn't recognize the non managerial staff especially food and beverage
5,0
Assalamu'alaikum Bapak/Ibu yang terhormat.
Saya Ely Astati

Umur saya 23tahun

Pendidikan terakhir saya Strata satu (1) dibidang manajemen perusahaan

Saya sangat tertarik ingin berkontribusi di JW Marriot.

Dengan sangat senang hati saya bisa diterima untuk bekerja di perusahaaìn yg
5,0
I can work because I'm willing to do everything they tell to do to save my job and I'm willing to start immediately.
I'm a professional who is able to achieve the desired goals I like to work under a lot of pressure
3,0
Marriott regional office Cape Town is not a bad place to at, however, there is no room for growth unfortunately. The company or this particular office, you would need to know the write people to move forward with your career to get into a higher paid position. You would be given more responsibility to make you think you learning something to move up the ladder, but you won't get the proper salary for what you do and cost of living is only getting higher each few months.
4,0
A typical work day starts of quiet which at any given time can become busy. Working at the Westin requires motivation, energy and zest. It teaches one to deal with the curve balls of life as every day comes with new challenges.
5,0
Extremely good company with many opportunities for growth worlwide and local.Properties opening daily with many tools for selfdevelopment aswell.Still a good place to work
5,0
Working environment is very productive and friendly. Employees are given the necessary tools to complete their daily tasks and deadlines.

Strongly recommended.
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
It allows us to experience different types of work thru job rotation where you can learn all the job aspects in a hotel industry. Plus the good communication skill you can get because you can practice it more from conversing with other people
Pros
Free food vouchers, 2 days rest
5,0
Marriott is one of the best hospitality companies. The work culture is great. What the company stands for is also great and it is very inclusive to gender, race.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
This is where I made my mark and wanted to further my career in Finance for my future. I developed a passion for this industry and truly loved working with a team and having positive outcomes.
5,0
Good foundation in rooms division department. Strong procurement processes. Great revenue infrastructure. Ok in F&B. Culture really dependent on the hotel you are working at.
5,0
Nothing bad to say as it has a brilliant GM and Marriott creates an infectious culture in all of their brands. Staff are spoiled by the TakeCare initiative which provides financial advise, health activities and much mre.
Pros
culture