Marriott International, Inc.

Clear
3.7Job Security & Advancement

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,192 reviews

Fun

Had a time of my life while working for Marriott. Management and staff were friendly. Company benefits, were reasonably and training was always informative.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Exploring Marriott on a daily basis( The Westin Hotel as an example)

Working at the Westin Hotel in Cape Town as a commi chef was wonderful. I've never in my professional career as a chef experienced such friendly hospitality from all staff and it's management team. I can only praise them enough for making my time always a pleasure being around them. It felt like home really.

Pros

Always be on time and diligent, Be honest and curtious at all times, They also say that honesty is the best policy

Cons

Never go into your work place with personal problems, Do not take that doesn't belong to you, Don't be lazy and never backchat to your superior, Follow instructions promptly

Friendly and Vibrant Environment

Working for the group is very challenging yet good because you get to learn more and develop your self in different skills which I appreciate and will forever be great full.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Good place to work at

Marriott regional office Cape Town is not a bad place to at, however, there is no room for growth unfortunately. The company or this particular office, you would need to know the write people to move forward with your career to get into a higher paid position. You would be given more responsibility to make you think you learning something to move up the ladder, but you won't get the proper salary for what you do and cost of living is only getting higher each few months.

Good Company

Extremely good company with many opportunities for growth worlwide and local.Properties opening daily with many tools for selfdevelopment aswell.Still a good place to work

Fun and can meet different people from different country

It allows us to experience different types of work thru job rotation where you can learn all the job aspects in a hotel industry. Plus the good communication skill you can get because you can practice it more from conversing with other people

Pros

Free food vouchers, 2 days rest

Great company

Marriott is one of the best hospitality companies. The work culture is great. What the company stands for is also great and it is very inclusive to gender, race.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Long Hours

Exciting and productive

This is where I made my mark and wanted to further my career in Finance for my future. I developed a passion for this industry and truly loved working with a team and having positive outcomes.

All staffs we were very productive and friendly which made job succussfuly

The staff were very friendly for the new comer, told me a good stories about the company which made me very confident to work there. Staff were professional and with my experience i real enjoyed working with them.

Pros

Yes, all of the staff were received a breakfast and lunch coupon

This was

This job was my first taste of the hospitality industry and as you can see from my resume, it was a great start and I never looked back. Learnt a lot of values that I still carry with me till this day

Pros

Discounted Hotel Stays

Cons

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

Hardworking and willing to learn

Working for gush company was a once I a lifetime experience which taught me a lot I management soils and workinv euyh people since it was my first time I the working environment

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long working hours

If you looking to grow and better your self - this is the hotel to strengthen ALL your skills... and teach you new ones... Full service hotel, 24hr room service, amazing people and beautiful hotel - known as the "Old Lady" of the beachfront area in its ripe age of 106 years - this Grande Dame keeps you on your toes.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Staff turnover high

Learning workplace

It is a good hotel to start a hotel career path. You will learn more about hotel operations because they have a good work structure. Growth opportunities are available as well if you work hard.

Pros

Reasonable weekly off days

Cons

Long working hours

free meals

Great hotel to work for, room for growth. Flexibility in working and learning from other departments.Hotel offers training programmes to encourage growth in its stuff members.

Pros

free lunch, free transport

Cons

A work place thar offers excitinng opportunities

The establishment offers several opportunities to staff members. The experience provided is worthy and beneficial to the establishment employees. Every day is a day whereby you learn something new.

Productive and very passionate about the industry

I am very passionate about working with people. Management were always extremely helpful. Colleques were like a family to me. Worked together hand in hand. Extensive training was provided to us. Guests needs were always exceeded.

Pros

Bonusses and appraisals performances

Cons

No growth, was kept in same position for long, external staff employed when new position opened

10,3 K
6,4 K
3,4 K
1,1 K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?