Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Management reviews

Clear

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,192 reviews

Fun

Had a time of my life while working for Marriott. Management and staff were friendly. Company benefits, were reasonably and training was always informative.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I feel sorry for the staff

Most work is from other departments or colleges. Work overload is not balanced.management only for themselves.culture not always respected and to be comprised. Loyalty level clients abuse where employees suffer. Enjoyable part when shift ends

Pros

Lunch charged at minimum price

Exploring Marriott on a daily basis( The Westin Hotel as an example)

Working at the Westin Hotel in Cape Town as a commi chef was wonderful. I've never in my professional career as a chef experienced such friendly hospitality from all staff and it's management team. I can only praise them enough for making my time always a pleasure being around them. It felt like home really.

Pros

Always be on time and diligent, Be honest and curtious at all times, They also say that honesty is the best policy

Cons

Never go into your work place with personal problems, Do not take that doesn't belong to you, Don't be lazy and never backchat to your superior, Follow instructions promptly

Fun workplace but ideal for school leavers and not for responsible adults.

Fun workplace and an opportunity to meet with new people every day.Management sucks though as they are mistreating stuff and payment is peanuts.Staff must bring own lunches because they're prohibited by management to get any beverages nor food while they work for a company that works with food.Management has a policy to throw away food which could've helped some staff who can't afford to buy or bring their own food to work.Iam so disgusted by the Stellenbosch TechnoPark branch as they are inconsiderate of staff that brings revenue to the business yet are subject to such inhumane behavior. I'd never recommend them to anyone else including friends and family as they enslave their staff with long hours and small payments.

Pros

No lunches for staff

The culture is awesome u just need to be cautious as to where you find yourself within the organization

Awesome people to work with. Culture is great but certain management is not cool. I found myself integrating easily with the people as they were lovely. Management depending on where you find yourself within the organization is lovely but do but not everywhere. overall my experience w

The hotel I work at was always busy and when the hotel is quiet there is always training for u and it was free culture play a big role ..thank you

Always be as honest as possible,if u don't understand please speak your your supervisor or your manager management always try they best to make your work easy and always give a hand and be helpful make sure u have all your things u gonna need to do your job.. love what u do and it will be so easy and please respect the next person.

Salary must improve

Everything feels great except the salary so they must sort it out and team is very good but management doesn't recognize the non managerial staff especially food and beverage

Great company with brilliant culture

Nothing bad to say as it has a brilliant GM and Marriott creates an infectious culture in all of their brands. Staff are spoiled by the TakeCare initiative which provides financial advise, health activities and much mre.

Pros

culture

Cons

Hardworking and willing to learn

Working for gush company was a once I a lifetime experience which taught me a lot I management soils and workinv euyh people since it was my first time I the working environment

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long working hours

It is a great company to work for with lots of growth

This was one of the most unpredictable jobs i ever done, i learned never to relax and trust clients with continious business because they might change jobs and that particular account end up not producing. it is important to constantly being it touch with all existing clients as well finding new ones every month.Management was awsome because they are not far from the employees, they always involve the staff about any new developments and changesWorkplace culture is of team spirit, once one dont beome part of the team you suffer a lot in as far as success is concrned.The hardest part of the job is once you get sick and be hospitilised or be absent from work for a longer period for wat ever reason, the business moves away from you. our clients needs assistant now if they dont get it they move to the next service provider without hesitant.The most enjoyable part is being being able to meet and engage with clients from all walks of life, seeing that you have sold them a solution to their needs is so satisfactory.

Pros

Company Car and petrol to do the job

Cons

its a 24 hour business, 7 days of a week.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

See more jobs

體制完善

提供所有員工所需 會另工作發揮得更好 設施齊全 例如員工休息室 可以充分休息 福利也好好 沒有挑剔

Assistant Front Office Manager

Management was very involved and training was given regularly to achieve the combined goals of running the business smoothly. I managed all the operation of Front office on a daily basis.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

To corporate and did not enjoy not having the opportunity to inter act with guest

Great place to work!

Alway a great vibe at work! Learned allot ! Great management always supportive and give the best service! Hardest part of the job is to keep all the customers happy at the same time when it's busy but you as you learn , you learn how to manage it and it later becomes a challenge for yourself and that is what you work for to better yourself! The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with! They become your family and some your best friends!

You will learn a lot

Typical day at work will include - Assist in the restaurant with service during breakfast , lunch , Dinner. Placing orders. Doing the roster. Managing restaurant. Banqueting. Staff roster. Menus. Planning is essential. Management and Co-workers are amazing. Hardest part of the job is dealing with GUEST complaints. Not really hard , but less joyful. Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with GUESTS

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and very fun environment

Its very unfortunate the company closed down. I would prepare dish for tourist and customers coming to the Paulaner Restaurant. Diverse cultures coming together and respecting each other. Management would motivate us and keep us informed about any developments happening in Westin Grant Hotel and Paulaner Restuarant. Hardest was when we were told it was closing down. everyday was enjoyable there was never a dull moment.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

It closed down

Good - working for my dad

As I worked with my father, we did things at our own pace, but got the job done, a combination of physical work and office work. Getting experience of both. I rated the CEO as NO, as my father was sole proprietor, and this business HB Marriott Maintenance had no CEO

Pros

Family business

Cons

Sanding wood

productive work place

educational place of work and inspiring management. Learnt a lot of team work and co-workers are pleasant to work with.

Productive and very passionate about the industry

I am very passionate about working with people. Management were always extremely helpful. Colleques were like a family to me. Worked together hand in hand. Extensive training was provided to us. Guests needs were always exceeded.

Pros

Bonusses and appraisals performances

Cons

No growth, was kept in same position for long, external staff employed when new position opened

Great Learning Environment and Autonomy

Over the past 7 years I have been able to get a good balance of operational and strategic experience. I regularly have the opportunity to travel abroad to attend conferences and workshops that I have been able implement back into the organization. I often embark on projects, recently the labour broking conversion and assessing the financial impact on the business. I have been very successfully involved in implementing Strategic alignment to the business and ensuring that the Executive Committee operates effectively as a team. I have implemented a management and supervisory development programme. I manage learnerships and ensure the SETA grants. I manage the BBBEE annual audits and have successfully achieved a level 4 and above for the past 6 years.

Pros

International exposure

Cons

Hospitality Hours / Inflexibility

Challenging, fun

It was never the same as we dealt with labour brokers, agencies and foreign management. HR was a small department servicing about 150 perm staff and then about 100 contracts staff. We never only did one aspect of HR, we would run with Recruitment, Training and Development and any Industrial relations queries. We also had affiliations with international hotel schools and that was interesting hosting them in the hotel and presenting training programmes.

Pros

free lunch, hotel specials

Cons

sometimes working longer than normal hours

Very Good Learning Enviroment

A typical day at work is an early start and a late finish. Hours are long but due to the high volume of guest we work with time goes by quickly. Mostly fun working environment and lots of learning experiences. Our international clients have very high standards and we deliver them on a daily basis. I learned how to deal with big number of staff and guests and how to think on my feet and also how to balance and use my time efficiently. Management is very hard on keeping up the standards and have a keen eye on detail with keeps the staff on their toes daily. The co-workers are a joy to work with and helps to get things done and ensure the well being of the hotel. The hardest past of the job was introducing new idea as the management is very strict on what they want and how things must work. The most enjoyable part is the staff and the large number of international guests we get to deal with. It makes for different situations on a day to day basis.

Pros

Company Benefits

Cons

Outsource Canteen

10,3 K
6,4 K
3,4 K
1,1 K

• Marriott International, Inc.