Marriott International, Inc.

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,217 reviews

Friendly and Vibrant Environment

Working for the group is very challenging yet good because you get to learn more and develop your self in different skills which I appreciate and will forever be great full.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long Hours

Fun workplace but ideal for school leavers and not for responsible adults.

Fun workplace and an opportunity to meet with new people every day.Management sucks though as they are mistreating stuff and payment is peanuts.Staff must bring own lunches because they're prohibited by management to get any beverages nor food while they work for a company that works with food.Management has a policy to throw away food which could've helped some staff who can't afford to buy or bring their own food to work.Iam so disgusted by the Stellenbosch TechnoPark branch as they are inconsiderate of staff that brings revenue to the business yet are subject to such inhumane behavior. I'd never recommend them to anyone else including friends and family as they enslave their staff with long hours and small payments.

Pros

No lunches for staff

The hotel I work at was always busy and when the hotel is quiet there is always training for u and it was free culture play a big role ..thank you

Always be as honest as possible,if u don't understand please speak your your supervisor or your manager management always try they best to make your work easy and always give a hand and be helpful make sure u have all your things u gonna need to do your job.. love what u do and it will be so easy and please respect the next person.

Good place to work at

Marriott regional office Cape Town is not a bad place to at, however, there is no room for growth unfortunately. The company or this particular office, you would need to know the write people to move forward with your career to get into a higher paid position. You would be given more responsibility to make you think you learning something to move up the ladder, but you won't get the proper salary for what you do and cost of living is only getting higher each few months.

productive

A typical work day starts of quiet which at any given time can become busy. Working at the Westin requires motivation, energy and zest. It teaches one to deal with the curve balls of life as every day comes with new challenges.

Good Company

Extremely good company with many opportunities for growth worlwide and local.Properties opening daily with many tools for selfdevelopment aswell.Still a good place to work

Friendly work culture and working environment

Working environment is very productive and friendly. Employees are given the necessary tools to complete their daily tasks and deadlines. Strongly recommended.

Cons

Long Hours

Great company

Marriott is one of the best hospitality companies. The work culture is great. What the company stands for is also great and it is very inclusive to gender, race.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Long Hours

This was

This job was my first taste of the hospitality industry and as you can see from my resume, it was a great start and I never looked back. Learnt a lot of values that I still carry with me till this day

Pros

Discounted Hotel Stays

excellent work environment

I have really enjoyed my time working at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape town North Wharf, the work environment is excellent however I feel that it is time for me to take a different route outside of hospitality. As is the case with all jobs there are ups and downs, ups being that I get to meet and acquire new guests everyday and no two days are ever the same, downs being the shifts - you never get to see your family. I am very family orientated so I am looking for something that only requires me to work weekdays and maybe alternate Saturdays.

Pros

Free lunch daily

Cons

long hours and shifts

體制完善

提供所有員工所需 會另工作發揮得更好 設施齊全 例如員工休息室 可以充分休息 福利也好好 沒有挑剔

Learning workplace

It is a good hotel to start a hotel career path. You will learn more about hotel operations because they have a good work structure. Growth opportunities are available as well if you work hard.

Pros

Reasonable weekly off days

Cons

Long working hours

very busy and adrenaline rush

The biggest kitchen that i have worked in, and the most respectful, friendly GM with a golden heart. the Staff support each other and work as a team. That's what makes them a family.

Pros

Getting to meet famous musicians

Cons

sore feet, long hours

Great place to work!

Alway a great vibe at work! Learned allot ! Great management always supportive and give the best service! Hardest part of the job is to keep all the customers happy at the same time when it's busy but you as you learn , you learn how to manage it and it later becomes a challenge for yourself and that is what you work for to better yourself! The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with! They become your family and some your best friends!

work environment

I worked the morning shift, most of the time we left 1 hour earlier. Work was completed and kitchen clean for the next shift to work.

Pros

Leaving earlier

Cons

having to wake up early

emvironment

Westin Grand hotel was a nice place to work with. I've learned a lot like gaining people skills.only problem was the long woirking hours that can reach 14hrs

Pros

transport free to work early shitf

Cons

long hours like 14hrs

You will learn a lot

Typical day at work will include - Assist in the restaurant with service during breakfast , lunch , Dinner. Placing orders. Doing the roster. Managing restaurant. Banqueting. Staff roster. Menus. Planning is essential. Management and Co-workers are amazing. Hardest part of the job is dealing with GUEST complaints. Not really hard , but less joyful. Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with GUESTS

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Long Hours

free meals

Great hotel to work for, room for growth. Flexibility in working and learning from other departments.Hotel offers training programmes to encourage growth in its stuff members.

Pros

free lunch, free transport

Cons

the work is hard and fun

I did enjoy my job as much as I could there is each employed giving his own opinions regarding to his job and his responsibility. my opinion there was how powerful I'm and follow my instructions do my best to provide a good services for my company to grow

Pros

there was lunch time

Cons

Lots of fun and very productive

I am having a great time and experience working for Proteahotels, it is now grown bigger under Marriot International. As for me being part of history i am proud.Having met the President of Marriot and the Ambassador shaking my hand and say i am doing a great job is an experience i will never forget.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Long hours if busy

fun and learn

everyday is hard ,to keep time ,always aware of everything happening ,also play a part in give ideals.keep time no limit on learn and give ideals it time to learn

Pros

Cons

9 hours

10,4 K
6,4 K
3,4 K
1,1 K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Work-Life Balance