Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Showing all 4 970 reviews

nice place to work

It's start with finding the set up's been done right, and the meals for the guest ready when they come to the Hotel, lunch time it's always a rush, and have their AM or PM breaks in time. We always learn something every day. Our managers trust us, and that a plus. Marriott culture is all about their employee's , making sure that we have a good place to work. When something goes wrong and with a little time make it wright . When the job it's well done, and the guest it's very happy with everything.

Pros

having all the equipment available

Cons

not having all the equipment .

Flexible

The management is understanding and is typically flexible when it comes to certain situations and leaving work. I recommend shooting for a non commission based position.

Great benefits

It can be demanding when you are dealing with unsatisfied customers, especially with unrealistic expectations. But it is a fun job that offers opportunities to travel to great places.

Goods

Its good pay though and yeah very nice pay. But a good start when you like perks. Good customer service. Try it and you might like it. Discounts too is fun

Very productive and always busy. Plenty of work to go around

From driving onto the resort to the associates it is a beautiful place to work. But that is my opinion. I grew up in a melting pot. I understand and respect differences. I can work with anyone anywhere. It’s all about teamwork no matter what the job or situation is. I love Marriott because I truly believe the upper echelon is and has strived for many many years to achieve the goal of making their customers stay a welcoming one and that is why they keep coming and I really love being a part of that.

typical cubical job

Advanced quickly but work environment was not great. Minimal training to do the job. Typical cubical/phone/customer service job. Res center was so large you felt like a number, not a real person.

It's ok, so so

Typical telemarketing calling potential customers to invite for a free resort vacation through a timeshare presentation. Mostly cold calling with few inbound calls.

Great Company

Enjoyed working at the Marriott great training, worked with a great team felt like a family. Hotel Discounts Amazing. Great benefits as well. Only regret that I didn't go to Maldives maybe next time.

Sorry Management

Management doesn’t know what their doing. They have all these housekeeping supervisors and managers and the department as a whole has no structure and is unorganized. They overwork their employees, to where they can’t keep staff. The housekeepers don’t clean the villas properly, customers complain and nothing is really done about it. This location lacks diversity, and shows favoritism. They put stained linens and towels in the guest rooms instead of unpacking the brand new items. Management knows and does nothing about it. I left this job after 30 days. They suck

Great company and culture

A great place to work, teamwork is great for the most part and management is super supportive. Not a lot of room to advance in this location but if you're willing to move then you can advance quick.

Pros

work life balance

Lots of room for improvement

Poor managementNo room for advancementPay not competitive at allGreat Performance does not equal career advancementConvenient locationJob easy to learn

Do not woth with this trash

I used to work with this trash company please if you need to get a good future do not work for them this company is kind of scammer no future and managers are really bad

Poor Management

Although the benefits were OK, the overall work experience is very poor. Working for the Marriott, you constantly have to look over your shoulder because the director will write you up over the smallest mistake forcing the the employee to through several write ups in a year. This makes the work experience feel quite hostile towards its employees. Warning do not work in Security. The company and director treat their security staff like dirt. Even if you call out, or call in late, they will write you up or fire if you don’t show up within 6 minutes of your start time. The security department had a revolving door, so many came and left in the short time I was in this department. This is a warning not to work for this company, it is a horrible experience working in a hostile environment.

Basic but clear and supportive workplace where you feel valued

Basic, every day job where your expectations are clear. Nice people to work with and easy to know how to get the job done correctly. Definitely a great place to work if you are comfortable with minimum wage pay plus great tips from vacationers and golfers.

Fun place to work!

I work in the food and beverage and I served vacation club guests and employees as well. There is a sense of belonging in my company and the managers are awesome to work with. I was lucky enough to be able to get a one weekend day off and have the best co-workers. I really miss my resort and hoping that I get to visit everyone again soon.

Horrible

Horrible management. No loyalty. They play favorites and get rid of loyal staff based off of false accusations wouldn’t recommend working for them hard work is not rewarded

Productive and fun workplace

Sometimes you see some favoritism. Besides that, if you have the right mindset and work ethic, it's a fun and rewarding place to work! For the most part, I always had a great team to work with and we're on the same page. Can't really ask for more.

Cons

A lot of young employees, which means immature drama.

Everyone is very friendly.

A great place to work. Everyone is very friendly, and helpful. Work is easy, not stressful... however it can be boring, and repetitive. Very friendly coworkers.

Pros

occasional free meal, company provided free shoes and uniforms. Workers and management very friendly and cooperative.

Cons

The patrols can be tiring due to the stair ways.. Can be boring / easy.

Tiring and demanding job with no help from management

Prepare to stand for the entire 8 hours that you're there. You're scolded for not being at the desk, but if you're on management's good side, you're not. You move up if management likes you. If there's a problem with a guest, prepare for management to compensate them to the max because the guest is more important than you.

Nada difícil, si haces tu trabajo bien no te dirán nada

Estar pendiente de todo, limpiar lo que se ensucia, hacer el trabajo bien para no tener inconvenientes con los jefes y demás directivos

Great Place to work and great management

Great place to work, whole staff is amazing. Worked for the company more than 3yrs, only downside in my experience was not being able to switch shifts after 2 years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 4 970 reviews