Marsh & McLennan Companies
Information from Marsh & McLennan Companies:

Marsh & McLennan Companies Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews
4,0
Hard work and loyalty will be rewarded. Definitely not a walk in the park - high pressure environment from time to time if you're up for the challenge.
3,0
I have enjoyed working for Marsh as i have been thought to manage my daily tasks while given targets,
i have been thought telephone adequate as well as working under pressure.

i have had a great experience working at Marsh
5,0
Very good company to work for lovely people lovely work life balance. would love to work here on a permanent basis if a role was available unfortunately there isn't.
Pros
work life balance is great
5,0
Since iv been with marsh to be honest iv never worked in a warm loving company the culture here is love all the way,its easy to get all the work done because of the colleague's we have and I enjoy what I do daily I just feel I need growth something challenging.
Pros
free training on everything
1,0
the structure and work culture is not favorable at present
can do better with regards to increases and bonuses (Im just Saying)

training needs to be of utmost importance especially when bringing inexperienced people to the company, i mean prepare them for that specific Job they are going to do.
4,0
Marsh ensures they comply with all regulations and laws. Large company with various companies in group. Very involved in charities and upliftment. Great company to work for. Once you have been trained and attended in house courses you are able to stand tall in the market place.
3,0
It is a productive and innovative company which nurtures talent and promote growth. Management is easily accessible and easy to communicate with. Remuneration structure can be improved.
2,0
International company that does not particularly show interest in the South African employee. Poor local culture management. HR have little or no interest in the welfare of the employees.
Pros
Internationally Recognised
Cons
Poor Management
3,0
From the time I walk into office all emails are checked and worked on. Then there is general typing of letters, reports, etc. I have learnt that clients needs always come first. Management are hard working people and can always be counted on if you have any problems you might encounter. My co-workers and I work very closely with each other and always have each other's backs. The hardest part of my job is to keep everyone happy.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Marsh & McLennan Companies?
5,0
I learnt a lot about the finance industry, everything must be o time and its a very formal and professional environment. The co workers are very helpful and provide guidance
Pros
formal and productive
4,0
Warm, fun experienced colleagues. My day would mainly revolve around administration, reporting and solving outstanding queries, be it employee or training provider and making sure that everything is on board when it comes to training. Our Management team are knowladge and experts when it comes to their jobs and divisions. I enjoyed learning new things and assissting my colleagues with whatever "technological" problems they might have. The wow factor would be a satisfied customer whose job is made easier as they attended training.
Pros
half day friday, crazy and fun team
Cons
no work life balance, remuneration and growth
At March I had a team of 5. Payroll manager, HR Manager,
SDFacilitator and administrator who was also the Company Secretary.

Very difficult to describe a typical day at work, as a generalist it was varied from managing all the vacancies and linking in with Agencies on our specs.

Overall checking and signing off on the payroll,

Pension and benefits liaising with our providers

I did not find any of this position difficult having held Snr HR Management positon before.

What was really exciting was setting up their HR from a 0 base.

I am very straighforward and can deal with any situation and enjoyed each day for the challenges that it brought.
Pros
an exciting company to work for.
Cons
none reallty often had to work long hours but was always rewarded
4,0
Everyday is a busy day as the work is admin intensive, queries from clients every minute. My hardest part of the is big months renewals of policies
Pros
marsh university (free skills courses
Cons
long hours at times