Marsh & McLennan Companies
3,7 out of 5 stars.

Marsh & McLennan Companies Management reviews

It is a productive and innovative company which nurtures talent and promote growth. Management is easily accessible and easy to communicate with. Remuneration structure can be improved.
Cons
International company that does not particularly show interest in the South African employee. Poor local culture management. HR have little or no interest in the welfare of the employees.
Pros
Internationally Recognised
Cons
Poor Management
From the time I walk into office all emails are checked and worked on. Then there is general typing of letters, reports, etc. I have learnt that clients needs always come first. Management are hard working people and can always be counted on if you have any problems you might encounter. My co-workers and I work very closely with each other and always have each other's backs. The hardest part of my job is to keep everyone happy.
Warm, fun experienced colleagues. My day would mainly revolve around administration, reporting and solving outstanding queries, be it employee or training provider and making sure that everything is on board when it comes to training. Our Management team are knowladge and experts when it comes to their jobs and divisions. I enjoyed learning new things and assissting my colleagues with whatever "technological" problems they might have. The wow factor would be a satisfied customer whose job is made easier as they attended training.
Pros
half day friday, crazy and fun team
Cons
no work life balance, remuneration and growth
At March I had a team of 5. Payroll manager, HR Manager,SDFacilitator and administrator who was also the Company Secretary.Very difficult to describe a typical day at work, as a generalist it was varied from managing all the vacancies and linking in with Agencies on our specs.Overall checking and signing off on the payroll,Pension and benefits liaising with our providersI did not find any of this position difficult having held Snr HR Management positon before.What was really exciting was setting up their HR from a 0 base.I am very straighforward and can deal with any situation and enjoyed each day for the challenges that it brought.
Pros
an exciting company to work for.
Cons
none reallty often had to work long hours but was always rewarded