Marula platinum mine

Clear
3,4Work-Life Balance
3,5Pay & Benefits

Productive and fun place

Conducive environment and productive although with some challenges of fatality due to fall of ground. Always must adhere to dressing coat such as wearing boots shoes.

Pros

Free lunch, gift during women's month and Christmas, also production bonus

Cons

12hrs

Good people

Design of driekop shaft with in marula is very poor otherwise you meet with excellent people don't compromise when it come to safety policy engineering side management team gave as chances to explore ourselves on mechanical field to go extra mile .

Pros

Free foods once a day

Cons

Extra hour always paid and also food proveded during overtime

Unpredictable work environment.

I worked for this mine for a year under the services department and part of the reasons for seeking alternative employment was that the salary I received was not comparable to my daily responsibilities and my immediate supervisor was not helpful actually she knew nothing to say the least so I did all the work and when I approached management about it was told just keep on keeping on and I worked long hours outside of my normal working hours. and I hated the fact that I was moved from one department to the next because of my cababilities! I honestly couldn't deal! And the constant community unrest was unbearable!

Pros

Best people management systems in place

Cons

Constant community unrest

18 happy months of working

Worked in stoping and development sections in my 18 months stay in this company. Very productive with balanced working conditions. Living wages proper and suitable to majority of the employees. A good company to invest your labour into

Pros

time for lunching

Cons

overtime payment

A good mine but with chalenges

If the economy and the Communities would allow Marula to produce and make profit this will be an excellent mine to work at. Only reason for looking for alternative employment is the company is currently undergoing restructuring due to months of Community issues that are preventing the mine form being profitable

Pros

Normal Mine benefits

Cons

Community issues

Hard to proove yourself if non-aligned and professional

Strongly believe in determining my deserved salary out of what I do as critical. If looking for development and being professional, might not be a right destiny currently.

Pros

Not even tea on offer

Cons

just have to do your work time in your hands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marula platinum mine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance