MASTER MATHS

MASTER MATHS Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews
Great work place
Master Maths is a great place to work at however i have not, due to the poor management. The salary is fair and the hours are good. but management at the branch in Mitchells plain is really poor.
Awesome place
I enjoy working at Master Maths. It is an awesome job if you are a student who is studying part time. The Management really cares about you, you are not just another number.
4,0
It is a friendly working environmet
Master Maths has a friendly working environment but 80% of the is challenging cause you get to work with different personalities . In most cases you work towards molding students towards improving their scientific and mathematical analysis and it becomes very exciting to see that from your students.
5,0
Fun workplace. Big responsibility towards children.
The day start with updating previous day's student work and then to prepare for students attending today. I've learned a lot about children by just listening and observing them and their work. This is a very rewarding job because I see how children grow and when they pass their maths they are very proud and grow more confident. A lot of counselling take place on a very relaxed way. The hardest part for me is holidays at the end of the year when children leave for high school. The most enjoyable part is to actually teach them and to listen to their stories.
Pros
I get to learn more and more each day
Friendly work environment
The manager was very friendly and understanding, the workplace is also good and the system is well organized that makes your life easy when tutoring kids.
1,0
No fun place at all
Worse expirince ever... Explotation explotation explotation explotation not fun worse inviroment, management gossips slot I hate working at Master Maths Springs explotation explotation explotation explotation explotation explotation explotation.....
Pros
Explotation
Cons
Doing something you not getting paid for
Productive and Fun Learning Environment
Master Maths is a great place for students to engage with mathematics and learn through modules and face to face tutoring. Students enjoy the challenging, yet rewarding work.
3,0
Lack of communication and respect
Tutors and learners had a great relationship between them but between tutors and managers it was not easy to communicate to managers, managers would belittle tutors in front of learners making the learners lose respect for tutors, managers did not give off days as promised. Managers did not speak to tutors with respect.
Cons
Long hours, no off days, recieved bad feedback if one would request an off day
Fun environment
Working with kids and influencing there future is very satisfying.
Setting goals with the students.

The job can be demanding but the hours are flexible
Productive and challenging environment
Good management style. Positive culture with students from different cultures. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the student's attitude towards mathematics change.
Pros
Birthday gifts, end of year functions
Cons
Not too much growth
5,0
Great way to learn about Business
Master Maths is a great company to work for if you are hard working and result driven. Most staff work 6 days a week everyday from 10-6 and Saturday's from 8-12 am. It is a great company for young people to work part time while studying and still get to learn the in's and outs of the corporate world. Due to the company being small staff learn skills from HR, staff management, accounts, debt collection, marketing to cold calling and more.

The workplace culture is a fun dynamic environment with a lot of young staff. The Management group are very understanding and allow a lot of freedom to come up with your own concepts and methods and do not micromanage staff.

The company is best suited to people who have a love for Maths and Science as well as a passion to pass this knowledge on to future generations.
Pros
School holiday early finish
Cons
Long Hours
4,0
I have learned quite a lot regarding business, teaching and the influence tutors have on the younger generation. The administration gives you a lot of experience in financial administration, telephone and general business etiquette.
Pros
Fun
5,0
Productive and work with different people
I am a tutor at master maths tutoring young kid and that is the best thing that ever happend to me.kid are so adorable ,funny and they always need someone who can listen to them at all times which is one of the thing I love
Pros
Own launches
5,0
Fun to work with children
I like maths in general, it was my strongest subject in school and teaching maths and solving problems with the students is for me rewarding. Sometimes you have to be tough on students that are very difficult.
Pros
Only start to work after school 2:30 pm until 7pm
Cons
Have to work on Saturdays
very relaxed enviroment
typical day at work : when the MD told me that she won't listen to anything i want to say just because a cleaner said something bad about me to her, what i've learnt: how to record petty cash, bulk invoicing & banking, Management : bad management : favoritism, workplace culture : bad, the hardest part of the job: working every saturday, enjoyable part of the job : starting work at 10am
Pros
nothing
Cons
no travelling allowance, favouratism
4,0
Great workplace culture. Typical workday is fast-paced, meaning you should be prepared. Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing students attitudes towards their own learning ability improve.
Workplace environment
Tutoring at Master Mathermatics was the best ob I ever had. The other tutors were stimulating people, I was always learning something the new. Our boss was kind and compassionate, she was always willing to take our advice or listen to any queries we had. She rewarded us for our hard work and gave close attention to how everyone was feeling in her company.
Pros
Work Environemnt
Cons
Young people lack listening and problem solving ability
Demands continuous self sacrifice
Enjoyable: seeing one's efforts rewarded as learners excel in their studies.

Hard past: little appreciation of effort on the part of the tutors. Maintenance of discipline in the centre.
Fun workplace
This was a part-time job which I had straight out of High School.

My job involved helping school students from grade 4 - 12 with questions while they carried out the Master Maths program.

I also marked completed work from time to time.

The management was fantastic, Master Maths is a franchise and the owner was a pleasure to work for.
fun workplace
first half of the day was administration and marketing
he whole afternoon will be based on tutoring

I learned to work with students from different cultures and races

management was good and the workplace culture was clear ...treating others with dignity

hardest part of the job was to see a non competent student trying too hard to understand the subject

I enjoyed the being around students and watch them trying by all means to work hard towards their studies
Pros
free afternoon snacks
Cons
non really rewardign salary wise
4,0
Flexible and learning experience.
It is a lovely job and I still learn everyday. I love seeing the progress that learners make throughout their time that they spent at the sentrum and knowing that we can make a difference in their lifes.
Pros
No long hours