Mastercard

Mastercard Employee Reviews

South Africa9 reviews
5,0
Lovely company to work for you.
The culture there is heart warming.

The managers are very understanding and professional.

The enviroment is also very professional.
4,0
I enjoyed working with the VP of Mastercard. The VP was young and she was brilliant in all aspects and knew her job well. She also taught me alot in the little space that we had worked together.
I was excellent at my job and very much appreciated by the VP.

It was an excellent learning experience in many aspects and also great working for such a reputable global company.

I would love to work for Mastercard if the opportunity arises.
Pros
Cons
Very very very long hours working with a demanding diary for a very very very busy female VP.
5,0
extremely productive and fast paced working environment. Learning new processes every day. Management is very supportive. a Great Team culture exist
5,0
MasterCard was a great company to work for and I learnt a lot across different sectors in an e-commerce environment from testing using different card types, currencies, fraud etc.
4,0
Mastercard is a good company to work for and the salary is good. Great culture. Working hours are flexible and you can work from home. They encourage learning
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No permanent positions
4,0
Taking over as Supervisor of the Accounts payable team was a big challenge and the work pressure extreme.
I have learned a great deal - how to manage, motivate and evaluate people and their performance. I also learned the different software which was used by Mastercard, such as Readsoft, ProcessIT and Oracle.

The Project Manager (Associate Director) and the whole of the management were very supportive and have an extreme work ethic and great people skills.

The biggest challenge to me was the massive workload.

The Accounts Payable team and the rest of the Mastercard team at Deloitte is a great team to work with but unfortunately they could not accommodate me to work halfday.
Pros
Brilliant Management, great team, knowlegde sharing and exposure to new work environment
Cons
Work load way too much for only 8 hours a day, solid continuous pressure
5,0
Great scope for learning new technologies
People work culture is good

Flexi working environment

Regular KPI meetings and processes
Pros
International company/financial benefits
Cons
relocation/retrenchments
5,0
A Company that is always striving to deliver excellent service with a consciousness of ruling out risks. Maintainance of delivery on time and accuarate is of utmost importance and is the culture we constantly reminded of daily. Team work and support among colleagues are great. Managers are encouraged to have one on one chats with all their staff to offer support and guidance on projects and tasks and work on individual objectives. There is realy no hard part of the job becasue there is the constant support and urgency to resolve any issue you may encounter.
Pros
Incentives, meals and global exposure.
Cons
The distance between colleagues and time differences
5,0
Joined the new Regional Technology Operations Support department at MasterCard Worldwide for South Asia Middle East and Africa(SAMEA) region with the main objective to provide IT Service Management for clients in the SAMEA region mainly banks and other financial instituitions. Reporting to Vice President Regional Technology Support based in Dubai. One year contractual position renewable according to projects needs and the success and value added by this new department.
Pros
bonus, medical aid, provident fund