Mazars

Mazars Employee Reviews

South Africa39 reviews

Fast growing business

Mazars is an excellent footing to learn Auditing at it's best to become a CA. Opportunities do exist to become Partners. Opportunities to work globally.

Pros

Excellent auditing environment to become a CA

Cons

Not enough scope for growth on an administration level

Mazars puts their staff first

The culture is that staff members are one family. Very welcoming environment, respect given by the most senior individuals. I really enjoyed working for Mazars.

Pros

Fair compensation

Have gained alot of knowledge and experience

I personally think Mazars as a global brand is doing very well, and we are continuously improving and growing Mazars has continuous training and development for the employees

Productive and fun place to work at

A lot of deadlines and can be a bit stressful as you work for multiple partners at a time. Very good work/life balance and they try to make you feel part of family. T

N/a

Very fast paced environment. Constant overtime. Great employees. Learned to work and cope under pressure. I enjoy being around the employees. You make great friends

Productive and fast paced

Mazars is a very well established firm that is originally from France. There are opportunities for people to grow within the company but mostly if you're in the line of auditing or accounting. It is a good company to be at.

Pros

Great company events

Productive, fast paced, great learning

I enjoyed my time working for Mazars, the experience I gained on JSE listed entities was valuable. The management are fair and the Cape Town office has a great work environment.

Pros

Learning, fair, good exposure

Potential for perfection

Mazars has been blessed with some exceptional employees. They are hard working, pro-active, dedicated, loyal, some would say, the gift that keeps on giving. It is those very candidates that made staying at Mazars worthwhile.

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day at work involves ensuring clients are satisfied with the relevant engagement being performed as well as ensuring that colleagues are well aware of their target for the day.

Great learning Environment

The people are great. Family kinda vibe. Great values and mind set. Team work is definitely something they value and everyone is treated like an asset regardless of position.

Pros

Flexi Time

Cons

Your colour shoes must match your belt lol

Productive fun workplace.

Productive fun workplace. Learned how to apply skills learned in university. There are regular team events , enjoyable part is getting to earn more about new clients.

Typical day at work

Long hours, only focus on the stuff you do wrong, forget all the positives you do even if clients are happy. Culture has changed a lot of the years. When I 1st started it was such a family environment and now it has become quite corporate with management hardly interacting with staff.

Fun workplace

Great learning environment with training and natural advancement for staff. Great colleagues who work together as a team which makes it a great place to grow

Productive and Progressive

Working at Mazars was challenging. Your commitment and determination were especially challenged due to the long hours worked as well as the volume of work. However, this taught me how to work hard and provide quality work efficiently and effectively. You were taught the value of time as most days clerks would be working after hours and weekends to ensure a quality product that would satisfy the clients. At Mazars customer satisfaction was very important and management always went the extra mile for their clients. This went for their clerks as well as managers would assist clerks and train them and not just provide them with answers. They found the development of the clerks very important. As hard as Mazars works, we play hard as well and were always rewarded with social events with all staff including CEOs and managing partners. Therefore working at Mazars created a well balance professional.

Pros

Personal professional development and free social events

Cons

Long hours and working weekends

Flexible employer

The company is very flexible when it comes to working hours which helps in maintaining a work life balance. I was quite impressed by an opportunity to grow that came my way in less than a year into the job; the manager on jobs I had been allocated was impressed with my work and had felt I was not challenged enough and the department I was in would not allow me to reach my true potential. This is a sign of how growth of employees is considered and is of importance to management.

Productive and very friendly and helpful.

updating cashbook, purchase ledger, sales ledger, VAT summary, reconciliation of bank accounts and control accounts. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent Partners. Hardest part was adopting to new accounting system-teething problems and sometimes meeting deadlines. We sometimes had to work overtime. Worst part was dealing with auditors.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Working overtime

Tough, Challenging but fantastic training environment

The workload is high and long hours, with low pay, but the pursuit of the Chartered Accountancy qualification is the end goal. The clients can be less prestigious than at a big 4 firm and less rewarding to work at but the learning environment is very impressive. Management can be a bit more difficult than at a bigger firm and less reasonable.

Very work driven.

Auditing is auditing, i have learned a lot from the people around and management. The deadlines are tight and stressful but it is what makes you a better person and stronger worker. Proper planning is required to meet deadlines and keep management at bay. i enjoyed my time at the firm i have developed into a good auditor. i have been able to do relatively big audits on my own.

Pros

learning every key item required to complete an audit.

Cons

deadlines and clients demands.

up and coming firm

Great place to work, Mazars South Africa was on growing substantially over the past few years and was an exciting firm to be working for. Its a pity i couldnt continue working for them when moving over to Australia.

2 cultural environment

Johannesburg office and Pretoria office are completed different. as the JHB tends to go more corporate and Pretoria is more family orientated. Benefits are bad, Learning environments are good.

Good audit training environment

Serves as a good training environment for someone looking to complete their SAICA articles. The company also is quite accomodating with those who require study leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mazars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Mazars