Mazars

Mazars Employee Reviews

South Africa38 reviews
3,0
Mazars is an excellent footing to learn Auditing at it's best to become a CA. Opportunities do exist to become Partners. Opportunities to work globally.
Pros
Excellent auditing environment to become a CA
Cons
Not enough scope for growth on an administration level
4,0
I personally think Mazars as a global brand is doing very well, and we are continuously improving and growing
Mazars has continuous training and development for the employees
5,0
A lot of deadlines and can be a bit stressful as you work for multiple partners at a time.

Very good work/life balance and they try to make you feel part of family. T
2,0
Very fast paced environment. Constant overtime. Great employees. Learned to work and cope under pressure. I enjoy being around the employees. You make great friends
4,0
Mazars is a very well established firm that is originally from France. There are opportunities for people to grow within the company but mostly if you're in the line of auditing or accounting. It is a good company to be at.
Pros
Great company events
4,0
I enjoyed my time working for Mazars, the experience I gained on JSE listed entities was valuable. The management are fair and the Cape Town office has a great work environment.
Pros
Learning, fair, good exposure
2,0
Mazars has been blessed with some exceptional employees. They are hard working, pro-active, dedicated, loyal, some would say, the gift that keeps on giving.

It is those very candidates that made staying at Mazars worthwhile.
3,0
A typical day at work involves ensuring clients are satisfied with the relevant engagement being performed as well as ensuring that colleagues are well aware of their target for the day.
5,0
The people are great. Family kinda vibe. Great values and mind set. Team work is definitely something they value and everyone is treated like an asset regardless of position.
Pros
Flexi Time
Cons
Your colour shoes must match your belt lol
4,0
Productive fun workplace. Learned how to apply skills learned in university. There are regular team events , enjoyable part is getting to earn more about new clients.
3,0
Long hours, only focus on the stuff you do wrong, forget all the positives you do even if clients are happy. Culture has changed a lot of the years. When I 1st started it was such a family environment and now it has become quite corporate with management hardly interacting with staff.
4,0
Great learning environment with training and natural advancement for staff. Great colleagues who work together as a team which makes it a great place to grow
5,0
Working at Mazars was challenging. Your commitment and determination were especially challenged due to the long hours worked as well as the volume of work. However, this taught me how to work hard and provide quality work efficiently and effectively. You were taught the value of time as most days clerks would be working after hours and weekends to ensure a quality product that would satisfy the clients. At Mazars customer satisfaction was very important and management always went the extra mile for their clients. This went for their clerks as well as managers would assist clerks and train them and not just provide them with answers. They found the development of the clerks very important. As hard as Mazars works, we play hard as well and were always rewarded with social events with all staff including CEOs and managing partners. Therefore working at Mazars created a well balance professional.
Pros
Personal professional development and free social events
Cons
Long hours and working weekends
4,0
The company is very flexible when it comes to working hours which helps in maintaining a work life balance. I was quite impressed by an opportunity to grow that came my way in less than a year into the job; the manager on jobs I had been allocated was impressed with my work and had felt I was not challenged enough and the department I was in would not allow me to reach my true potential. This is a sign of how growth of employees is considered and is of importance to management.
4,0
updating cashbook, purchase ledger, sales ledger, VAT summary, reconciliation of bank accounts and control accounts. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent Partners. Hardest part was adopting to new accounting system-teething problems and sometimes meeting deadlines. We sometimes had to work overtime. Worst part was dealing with auditors.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Working overtime
3,0
The workload is high and long hours, with low pay, but the pursuit of the Chartered Accountancy qualification is the end goal.
The clients can be less prestigious than at a big 4 firm and less rewarding to work at but the learning environment is very impressive. Management can be a bit more difficult than at a bigger firm and less reasonable.
4,0
Auditing is auditing, i have learned a lot from the people around and management.
The deadlines are tight and stressful but it is what makes you a better person and stronger worker.

Proper planning is required to meet deadlines and keep management at bay.

i enjoyed my time at the firm i have developed into a good auditor.

i have been able to do relatively big audits on my own.
Pros
learning every key item required to complete an audit.
Cons
deadlines and clients demands.
4,0
Great place to work, Mazars South Africa was on growing substantially over the past few years and was an exciting firm to be working for. Its a pity i couldnt continue working for them when moving over to Australia.
3,0
Johannesburg office and Pretoria office are completed different. as the JHB tends to go more corporate and Pretoria is more family orientated.

Benefits are bad, Learning environments are good.
3,0
Serves as a good training environment for someone looking to complete their SAICA articles. The company also is quite accomodating with those who require study leave.
1,0
audit based work, management extremely harsh, biased and discrimintive. colleques good to work with. management not approachable therefore difficult to speak to
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
poor management skills