Mazars

Mazars Employee Reviews for Accountant

I personally think Mazars as a global brand is doing very well, and we are continuously improving and growing Mazars has continuous training and development for the employees
Productive fun workplace. Learned how to apply skills learned in university. There are regular team events , enjoyable part is getting to earn more about new clients.
Auditing is auditing, i have learned a lot from the people around and management. The deadlines are tight and stressful but it is what makes you a better person and stronger worker. Proper planning is required to meet deadlines and keep management at bay. i enjoyed my time at the firm i have developed into a good auditor. i have been able to do relatively big audits on my own.
Pros
learning every key item required to complete an audit.
Cons
deadlines and clients demands.
Serves as a good training environment for someone looking to complete their SAICA articles. The company also is quite accomodating with those who require study leave.
This is inherent as a trainee accountant but it is a really stressful environment. Though you receive good support in certain areas, one is still prone to burning out because of the very long hours .
Pros
Secondment opportunities overseas
Cons
Long hours, intense office politics
The company is highly focused on client-relationships, and has a tendency to sacrifice its other principal values for the money they receive from the client contracts.
During these three years i have learned a great deal. I have learned how to manage both my work life and social life. I have also learned how to manage my time. I learned different management styles. I learned how to cope under pressure. I have built awesome relationships that helped me be the best version of myself. The hardest part of the job was letting the clients know that we here to help and not out to get them. Most enjoyable part was learning something new everyday
Pros
Training, away audits
Cons
overtime
Work starts at 08:15 am, my usual time of arrival is 07:50. I arrive at my desk and start unpacking my laptop and stationery; preparing myself for the day ahead. You don't know what the day is instore but you need to prepare yourself emotionally. As I am busy reading my emails, An Audit Supervisor start calling me to his desk, I need you to finish this job for me and without him asking me what I am busy with. We have different managers that we walk for and we don't work for one manager. Before he continued and I told him I am working on this client and I told him to speak to the supervisor of the client before I can work on his client; then he went to the other audit supervisor to ask that I can work on his client, and they agreed. As per the agreement of the two supervisors the job was only to take one day and I go back and work for the other supervisor; due to constant adjustments on the current work the work continued more than one day. The other supervisor came to confront me that I have been planned on his job and I have to work on his job; and I told him I am still working on this client, please speak to the supervisor of this job. What this taught me, communication is very important. There should be clear communication between line manager. Managers should ask for permission to use a trainee accountant from other managers that they work for first.
Enjoyed working with different people learning each individuals attitude and culture. Learning the different preferences of different managers.
Pros
Meetings after the audit and having lunch
Cons
Long hours especially towards the end of the audit