Mazars

Mazars Employee Reviews for Audit Supervisor

A typical day at work involves ensuring clients are satisfied with the relevant engagement being performed as well as ensuring that colleagues are well aware of their target for the day.
Great learning environment with training and natural advancement for staff. Great colleagues who work together as a team which makes it a great place to grow
Johannesburg office and Pretoria office are completed different. as the JHB tends to go more corporate and Pretoria is more family orientated. Benefits are bad, Learning environments are good.
Typically a day at work would involve going out to the clients premises to conduct the annual audit. We are based at the client's offices for ease of access to all records and documentation. It is also essential to obtain a reasonable understanding of the client's operations, industry and business risks. My team would be anything from 1-5 junior staff members. I have learnt to delegate tasks to them effectively based on skill and knowledge level. I have learnt to manage time and budgets and junior staff effectively. I have improved my communication skills as this is important when dealing with clients as well as dealing with my team members. My co-workers are generally my age or younger and we get along well. I am a very patient and approachable individual and always willing to help with the development and growth of junior staff members. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult clients while still keeping a smile on my face. However I am respectful and never lose my cool with people. Depending on the deadline of a specific job, the hours I work may be long. But this is not an everyday occurrence. I pride myself in producing excellent results and keeping my promises. If I indicate a completion date on a job I make sure I adhere to it. The most enjoyable part of the job is being exposed to various industries, companies, and getting to deal with different people on a regular basis. Getting to know new clients and new industries is challenging and exciting.
Pros
Dynamic environment, working with my peers
Cons
Long hours on certain jobs, difficult clients, incorrect accounting records that need fixing
Through working for Mazars, I have gained invaluable insight into the business world, in all aspects, from the layman on the floor to the duties to be fulfilled by management. I can safely say i am able to identify a close-to-perfect business process within whatever entity i am placed. Also, any financial issues that may arise i could possible resolve.
Pros
invaluable experience
Cons
none.