McDonald's

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
2,9Pay & Benefits

Found 72 reviews matching the searchSee all 82 857 reviews

Good for a starter job, shouldn't stay for long term

When I started back in 2018, it was good for a starter job for a teen but I do not think it's worth the long term unless you plan to work at McDonald's for a career. The uniform can be a bit annoying to wear sometimes but I had fun with some customers and my coworkers.

Pros

Sometimes free lunches, good interactions with coworkers and guests

Cons

customers can be rude, low reward for additional work

Good for students for experience

Fun to work w people u like, management sucks, smelling like McDonald’s is hard to get off, greasy hands if u work in the back, hours are not that flexible

Pros

Free food sometimes

Cons

Long hours and standing forever

Fun workplace with benefits

Very fast paced environment, depending on which store it is the management can be terrible OR really good. Recommended for first time job but definitely not a worth while career.

Pros

Meal discounts

Cons

30 minute breaks

Nice

McDonald's is a nice place to work .And it will be better with great team members. We can learn new things from this company.Apart from salary and few ethics,. I really enjoyed working here.

Fun but ..

Salary is lesser then any other f&b out there,but the job here is tougher than any other f&b,pay lesser but work load whole lot.need higher salary compared others

Fast pace but the management is good and workers are nice.

Fast pace but the management is good and coworkers are nice. Sometimes, they give free meal, sometimes they give it half a price. The schedule is also flexible.

Flexible with schedule availability and ownership is willing to support talented employees

No stress first-time/second job. I worked here nights and weekends to earn extra money. Definitely not a high-end career path. Although some employees have worked there for years.

Pros

Free meals if you work long enough for a break.

Cons

Low pay and not challenging

Fun workplace depends on which location

Good place to work especially for students, flexible hours and fun workplace depending on the location. It gets stressful sometimes and theres a lot of rude customers

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Stressful

Great student job with very good flex hours for work

I found that the job definitely is not for everyone and requires handling stress. Once you get the hang of it, getting free food and really flexible hours is great while you're in school.

Pros

Free lunches and decent flexibility

Cons

Upper management can rotate which can cause problems

Good to start, don't stay long

Mc. Donald's is a great place to start working at when you're new to working or need a job, however, it is highly recommended to stay there for longer than about a year. The work isn't satisfying, the pay is poor and most locations don't really care if you're there or not

Pros

free lunches, easy hours

Cons

no benefits, low advancement ceiling

Fun place to work but very tiring

Good experience to work and you will learn a lot from the store, from the people you work with. And it will teach you to be more patience to different customer with different complains.

Pros

Free food and flexible to my time

Cons

I need to cover other crews job because of lack of manpower

Fun place to work, easy task, good first job

Typical workday consists of talking with your team and making sure customers receive what they order in a timely fashion. It's called FAST - FOOD for a reason.minimum wage job don't expect a pay bump

Pros

50% off at all locations

Cons

Boring during off peak

A job for students and the elderly or disabled

Most days are understaffed and you're doing the work of 2-3 people with the same low pay. They are very strict about labour costs and constantly pushing new promotions to advertise or incentives/goals that you must follow, again for low pay. The people either make or break your time at McDonald's since everyone must work in unison or wait times get high and customers get angry. My manager was flighty and always texting me on my days off. This job is really just a stepping stone for students to get some work experience or for those who have no other options.

Pros

Free food, Holiday uniforms, quick promotions

Cons

Chaotic, unreasonable expectations, low pay

Good place to learn to climb corporate ladder

Great first job, usually flexible schedules, free meal per shift, advancement opportunities, tuition assistance, management has opportunities to benefits.

Pros

Free meal per shift, advancement opportunities

Cons

Not enough pay for responsibility

Opportunity for advancement

While I worked at a franchise, they were the cleanest compared to the other one I worked for. They took the time to work with me and help me grow in my position. Although, sometimes tough, they would be flexible with your needs. All around, this was my favorite company thus far when it comes to truly caring of their employees.

Pros

Free meals during shift

Cons

No health care

Looks good on a resume

Typically, it’s the easiest place to work at and super easy to catch on to. Management can be an absolute nightmare depending on which location you work at, but overall, if you hate it, it always looks great on your resume!

Pros

Discounts, free coffee, flexible-ish schedules

Cons

Iffy management, flexible-ish schedules, stressful

Easy job

I got paid $10 an hour for basically doing nothing. Management was very iffy though, as some managers were super sweet and would give you free meals but there was a few that would yell at you when you tried to go above and beyond for a customer. My store did not care much for customers, but its McDonald's and for what it was I had a decent experience. The uniform is pretty bad too.

Multitasking and work life balance

Now after 9 years company make a difference increase salary to crew. Have a give opportunity as a leader and continue as a manager if qualified. Just walk in for interviews

Pros

Good for student take experience new environment workplace

Cons

Public holiday and Saturday Sunday need to work for full time

Stressing

The stress at work can get overwhelming especially during rush hours. The breaks are short or go pass really fast. And there is no big benefits just a discount when buying food.

A good foundation for building skills but it can be tricky if you don't tend to get along with people.

The job is always what you expected it to be. They're very clear upfront with what will be expected of you. There usually isn't a lot of room to move up and results in a lot of turnover but if you do what is expected of you it does get noticed; however, there isn't always recognition when there should be. The job is very much dependent on the management; it can be very stressful and can be very detrimental to someone's mental health if a manager doesn't like you as a person because of how collaborative it is. You will have to work with high school students and they can be very delicate but usually, if you treat them with respect there aren't problems. Be warned there will be a lot of workplace drama. All things considered, it's a good job for building a foundation of skills because of all the people involved and because of all the different pieces to it.

Pros

Free uniforms, flexible hours

Cons

The schedualing can be very inconsistent

It was ok as a High School job.

This was honestly the most memorable place I have ever worked at, and not in a goods way. I had some of the craziest stuff happen to me here and managers did most of those things.

Pros

Free Meal

Cons

Practically no breaks especially for minors and people in school