McCormick

McCormick Employee Reviews

South Africa14 reviews
3,0
I'm energetic person and humble one I'm a team player and like learning new things every day and listening to the rules of the company and supervision
Pros
General workers
Cons
Bidvest
5,0
People and management they very welcoming.
Very supportive

Very helpful

Easy to work with

We are brothers and sisters

Condusive environment

Communication Excellent

Open door communication with directors and management
4,0
One was able to progress within the company. Good benefits and cultures. Very diverse. Enjoyed my job there and was happy. Learnt alot about fmcg with them.
Pros
Culture and growth of company
Cons
Too much internal politics
3,0
Management and the Quality team were great people to work with, had fun learning experience. The disappointing part, was the salary, even though I was doing my Experiential Learning.
3,0
Globally listed company with a big footprint. Good governance and protocols to follow. Good improvement opportunities, limited management growth in SA due to Matrix setup.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long term growth limitations within SA
5,0
The most challenging company I never head, the company who take extra care of employees ,not taking side, proper management, the company that priorities safety of everything.
3,0
its a company that has gave me lot of experience by giving me a chance to work at many level within the business.
provide the best to their employees and treat workers with respect and always gives training to workers.
Pros
when we reached the monthly target they throw a party
Cons
normal hours was always obtained
3,0
It was good to understand the people that work hard for a minimum salary due because of having the bigger picture in mind. I met a lot of individuals who was using this small salary to try and change their lives in the future, I was one of them.
3,0
I enjoy working within the HR arena. Dealing with people - for which I have always had a flair.
I am flexible in my approach to problems and believe everyone has an opinion

I am being retrenched after 13 years ( all shared services are being moved to Europe) so I am looking for a challenging environment where I can continue to do what I do best - Payroll & HR Generalist
Pros
Medical aid / Provident Fund / Canteen
Cons
Environment is currently very unsatisfying
3,0
They always provide all the tools to perform the tasks and ensuring the development and training of all staff members.
I have really developed as person on my work and personally. They have taken me from school with only theoretical knowledge and they trained me having been a willing person to learn more and made to be a person that i am today that can be able to any quality realted function anywhere.
Pros
Free t-shirts
Cons
overtime
3,0
The opportunity I got at McCormick to be a demand planner was something I had looked forward to. With my analytical mindset and my strategic background in supply chain management, I felt ideally suited to the role.

My day consisted mostly of analysis and ways to move forward in developing the S&OP. The delay of the APO implementation gave me the opportunity to adjust and use other methods to develop a forecasting model. Helping to minimise the number of excel spreadsheets and provide a picture that all could understand in simple terms, from understanding the SKU complexities as well as where work needed to be done with regards to forecast accuracy.

I would also travel significantly to customers to help them better their base forecasts and help develop mutually beneficial solutions to their forecasting issues.

I learnt how to develop a strategic mind, how to navigate excel with ease and how to fulfill a more senior role within an enterprise.

Management could sometimes be a bit difficult and bureaucratic when it came to decision making. Obvious feuds between management and customers would create an unprofessional atmosphere on occasions.

My Co-workers at McCormick were only a joy to work with, most staff were young, vibrant and forward thinkers.

The hours and the pressures of the job were tough initially to adjust to but this was similar to P&G so once I got the hang of demand planning specifically I opened up my work life balance.

Getting to know demand planning as a function within supply chain management, a function I have always been interested in. The
 - more...
Pros
Great salary perks and development within the job
Cons
Long hours and bureaucratic management style
3,0
Keepin the motto of Customer is King, to constantly balance this within Internal demands and ensuring the customer is always satisfied.
1,0
thought it would have been a nice company.

but too much politics and racism.the Permanent staff went on strike as they found out the recruitment staff were getting paid moe than them.

the contract at the recruitment company was cancelled due to that.
Cons
long ours and no pay
5,0
Fisrt thing in the morning we meeting ,labeling our stock, binning & do the house keeping.I learn more from our co-work becuase we sharing idea about our job. We always working together as one team.
When we receiving stock which are not on the receiving schedules.

When our stock on the floor ( bin ) are 95% with the stock on the system.
Pros
lunches
Cons
i am willing to work overtime