McLane Company

McLane Company Employee Reviews

2,8Work-Life Balance

Showing all 2 797 reviews

Weight your options

Hard work but good money. Long hours and bad management. Overall company can be good for your personal life because of the money you can make. Good equipment also.

Pros

Good money and benefits

Cons

Poor management.

It was a great place to a few years ago.

We have lost a lot of drives and management. Really short handed. You can make money but not like we used to. Loads come down late every night. The loads are loaded unsafe .

Pros

Health benefits 41k

Cons

Loads come down late every night, lower pay, management change daily.

Pretty Decent for what it is

It's probably on the better end of warehouse jobs. Not too bad. Your expirience, however, can definetely vary depending on the location you work at. For the most part would recommend

Can be Stressful

Very hectic place on how it's ran. Promotions can be given if you are in the good boy system. Expect to work long hours and have short breaks. Careful on what you do here too, do more and they will expect more.

Very unorganized good place to start out when starting work again

Hard to get in the positions you want. Management is spiteful if u don’t know what that want you to do. The president and few managers try their best but no real changes are made. It’s a good company when first starting out

Long hours, good pay.

Great pay but very long shifts. Team driving. Hope you can sleep in a moving truck. Routes from 12 to 36 hours. You'll be taking lots of steps running up and down ramp to load two wheelers.

Use to be great

This use to be a awesome place to work, but it has declined horribly over the past few years. Pay has barely increased to keep up with cost of living, management doesn't care about anything besides getting the product on the truck and delivering it, it doesn't matter how long you work or how unsafe it may be.. the harder you work, the more work they will put on you. The lazier you are, the more you seem to be catered to. I would not suggest working here in its current state.. maybe one day it will be back to its former glory, but I doubt that day will be anytime soon.

Just a number

Good Money hard work not family friendly not a very good open door policy. And don’t ever get hurt they will treat you bad and try to rush you back. Warehouse is number 1 drivers are last for everything . Seems like the Managers believe drivers make to much money. You earn your money and a little under paid for the work . If you have a CDL don’t do it ! If you need a CDL yes it’s a way to get in the door but don’t stay long .

Pros

Money home every other day sleep in hotels

Cons

Rude dispatch very little time for home

Decent pay , great benefits

Too much work for the amount of money employees are paid. Management is decent , benefits are the only good thing. You don’t leave till work is finished 10-12 hr shifts

Good pay horrible home time during work week

Make good money if you're willing to sacrifice hometime. Work is available no shortage. You wanna run they'll run you. Great pay but it is team drive based

Pros

Pay

Cons

Home time

Ok too work for.... no teamwork get paid every 2weeks .... dont work with lofe situation... new management dont kno what they doing... need to change

Lots of changes after the pandemic.

I have been a Mclane Foodservice driver for 18 years in Portland. Yes the work is hard and physical, once you do it for at least 1 year you settle into a groove and find the best ways to make it easier. The pay used to be head and shoulders above everyone else and they demanded the best and experienced drivers, now they hire guys right out of truck school and shockingly they have lots of incidents. The pay and a retention bonus should be addressed to combat the constant revolving door of drivers. I have almost 4 days off in a row and made 96k last year, it's a recession and pandemic proof job which is comforting. The company is currently trying to integrate technology systems and the road isn't going to be pretty, I'm being optimistic and staying positive and hopeful on the other side the changes will be better for all.

Avoid if possible

They overwork employee benefits and pay don’t make up for not having a life on top of that the healthcare is not top-notch here coworkers iffy at best Consistent drama not worth it look elsewhere there are better warehouses

Pros

When you leave you will appreciate other places more

Cons

Too much mandatory overtime no life no respect for basic human needs

Terrible

I have never in my life worked for such a toxic company. You get written up for anything and everything you can think of. So short staffed that you work 13 to 14 hour days everyday. Management is nowhere to be found and when you can find them, they don't care. Be prepared to be stressed everyday. DONT WORK HERE.

Mclanes

I unload and load the trucks in the freezer during night shift sometimes 12-16 hours a day and it’s good money but the management sucks, I called off 2 times and I have a drs note and I walked in one night and they walked me out and i kept calling to get job back but still nothing and they talk about their employees

long term future relies on our commitment to quality, in

Acme Smoked Fish Corp. supports a respectful environment that values differing skills, talents and perspectives. Acme embraces the differences among its employees, clients and vendors and encourages inclusion and mutual respect for all. Acme is committed to foster a harmonious and supportive work environment in order to enable employees to perform at their best.

Overworked underpaid for the amount of hours worked. No home life

Good if you like being away from home. Will work 70hrs week. Unsafe work conditions, management doesn't listen. Money is there but for the amount of hours should be more.

The hardest part of job Long hrs & weekends

Good company just need better management . Maintaining equipment up to date. Plus management needs help badly, Fir the most part a good company to work for overall.

Good Job security

Working in the perishable department as a selector, you are practically unreplaceable if you just do your job. You work in either a cooler (34 degrees F) or a freezer (0 degrees F). The job for perishables is an overnight 11pm to whenever your done. No one wants your job because it's cold and overnight. If you can handle the cold and an overnight shift, you are set.

1/10 environment and work atmosphere.

Bring a cot, you're gonna be there for 12-14 hours a day and be dog tired when you get off. The pay and benefits are nowhere near worth the work you do here, especially considering they stuck me in a department i didn't even apply for. And made me work more days than the people who were already there. McLane, understaffed or not, overworks their employees to death. 1/10 environment and work atmosphere.

Pros

Pays decently.

Cons

Short breaks, long days

It’s like walking on eggshells working here

I’ve never worked a job that writes u up for EVERYTHING. If you get sick and call out be prepared to get a write up when u return, if u have doctors note excusing u for 1 to 2 or even more days be prepared to be written up when u return, if u 6 min late u getting written up, if u leave work early due to an emergency u get written up, if u don’t have any sick leave/vacation time don’t expect to be approved for a day off idk what u have going on. If u get injured u get written up even if it’s not your fault, if u have a disability (mental or physical) don’t expect to me accommodated idc what the application says idc what your letter says in your accommodation they will do anything and everything to not accommodate u and force u to quit/resign.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McLane Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 797 reviews