Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews

South Africa78 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

The place to be

I had to resign as I moved to Cape Town, but I would do anything to get back into the Media especially MEDIA24.I have ten years experience at this unbelievable company. A day at work was always fun and busy. I have learned almost everything I know today and worked with the best and top Management. The culture was diverse.

Hectic

Crippling corporate culture for a media company struggling with evolution. Hyper competitive, shifting areas of focus with limited patience for interventions that don't show immediate results.Financial reward reflects the pressure.

The best placed I have ever worked for.

Excellent company to work for. I have started my career at Media24 and had three different positions after that. However there are/were some challenges but I believe its how you approach certain things, deal with it and move on. I personally feel their are certain aspect tnat they still need to address but my overall experience was truly a blessing.

Pros

Being able to grow within your career. Everyone knows what is expected from them, Systems and structures are in place, and Staff is amazing!

Cons

There were a few challenges but nothing i couldnt manage.

The colleagues and the actual work made these jobs

During my 24 years and two months in two different jobs in Media24 what made the jobs so much fun that no work shift ever felt like work were the colleagues and the actual work we did, which felt like having a work shift long visit with one's mates who are cleverer than you and by the end of the visit you all have accidentally made the next day's newspaper or a contribution to it. HR is so useless that it basically exists to make work for itself and the langauge, spelling and grammar in the internal emails for and by HR are frightfully bad. They could have done with a sub-editor and a revise editor or more htan one of each in HR. Instead they retrenched very many of the sub-editors the commpany had in 2020. The company did not take skills development of their existing staff at all seriously, farming it out by making everybody in the company take mandatory, irrelevant Udemy courses.

Pros

The actual colleagues, the actual work and pension and medical aid contributions

Cons

Skills development does not exist

accountability and respect

Very neat environment excellent Management staff. Training facilities and career climbing. Company benefits with good salary per month, Pen/Medical fund

Pros

Gel Times

Cons

Resealable working hours

It's fast paced, deadline driven but can also be relaxed.

When there are deadlines it can be a little stressful but when there aren't any, it's a nice relaxing atmosphere. The management treats the staff sometimes which is a nice touch.

Pros

Free coffee, subsidised perks

Media24 was just one of the greatest job experiences

Media24 was a great place to work, grow, developed and enjoy great benefits. Wish I could enjoy more years working for a forward-thinking company. Keep it up!

Pros

As in review revealed

Cons

Salaries are maybe by now much better

Satisfying

It's a leading media company in Africa and it has great working environment however month end are often stressful and draining however the systems that they have in place are really world class

Pros

Have highly effective systems in place

Cons

Unfriendly people

Friendly Casual, Professional and Fun

Media24 is a comoany where anyone and everyone wanted to work at. The environment was never the same, we worked hard and played just as hard, Balance was key and they made it fun. Media24 always had ways to implementing new work ethics, and they BM had open door policies. I would work there any time if given the opportunity

It was good working for Media 24

Media 24 is an incredible company to work for. There is a lot of pressure but I got used to it and enjoyed every moment. I learned a lot of things with in the industry.

Fast-paced environment, quick news turnaround, deadline driven, constantly you have to be alert of breaking news. Receiving feedback about your work can either provide positive reinforcement that makes you feel valued.

fun work place

day started at 8 ends at 16:00 learned how to deal with difficult clients, to always stay calm under pressure friendly colleagues and helpful trainers

Very professional

Theres so much room to grow in this company. At times it can be extremely stressful to work in such a fast paced company but there's always help and you are always acknowledged and rewarded for your hard work

Pressure and productive

My first time working there I was overwhelmed by the work but as the time goes by I got hang of it. Meeting deadlines was not an easy task bug I managed quiet well and I am thankful for the experienced I got because I was working fog a national paper. Print for me is my passion and I love telling people'stories it gives me a relief when I have help someone through my articles.

bad working hours

a well established company that has alot of staff but the working conditions are bad and especially the hours you work per month it is not fair at all for a person to work those hours

Pros

nothing

Cons

no breaks

Average

Not a bad place to work at, but development opportunities were very lacking. No easy chance to work towards advancement due to flat structure. Most of management were a pleasure to work with.

Great benefits; Poor management

Great salary and benefits. Friendly employees. Management was not the best. Leadership from Management is poor with no proper mentor-ship and support.

Helpful and kind staff that works at the Lalucia Media24

The staff at Media 24 was kind enough to let me learn from them for the short duration of my school holidays. They were also very helpful with everything that I they thought was something which could help my career as a young graphic designer.

Work environment is creative and enjoyable. Amazing atmosphere. Diverse in culture. Lovely people with respect, integrity and dignity. Honesty the best.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Traffic

Great Organisational Culture

Media24 upholds their values within their offices , the culture is warm and extremely fun and communicative. It is a great place to start your career.

Pros

Wellness Week

Adventurous

Every day I get to something new, from car videos to lifestyle and news. I love the fact that I meet different people. Our build has the best 360 view of the sea and mountain.

Pros

Company car, cell phone allowance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Media24. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance