Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews

accountability and respect

Very neat environment excellent Management staff. Training facilities and career climbing. Company benefits with good salary per month, Pen/Medical fund

Pros

Gel Times

Cons

Resealable working hours

It's fast paced, deadline driven but can also be relaxed.

When there are deadlines it can be a little stressful but when there aren't any, it's a nice relaxing atmosphere. The management treats the staff sometimes which is a nice touch.

Pros

Free coffee, subsidised perks

Media24 was just one of the greatest job experiences

Media24 was a great place to work, grow, developed and enjoy great benefits. Wish I could enjoy more years working for a forward-thinking company. Keep it up!

Pros

As in review revealed

Cons

Salaries are maybe by now much better

Satisfying

It's a leading media company in Africa and it has great working environment however month end are often stressful and draining however the systems that they have in place are really world class

Pros

Have highly effective systems in place

Cons

Unfriendly people

Friendly Casual, Professional and Fun

Media24 is a comoany where anyone and everyone wanted to work at. The environment was never the same, we worked hard and played just as hard, Balance was key and they made it fun. Media24 always had ways to implementing new work ethics, and they BM had open door policies. I would work there any time if given the opportunity

It was good working for Media 24

Media 24 is an incredible company to work for. There is a lot of pressure but I got used to it and enjoyed every moment. I learned a lot of things with in the industry.

Fast-paced environment, quick news turnaround, deadline driven, constantly you have to be alert of breaking news. Receiving feedback about your work can either provide positive reinforcement that makes you feel valued.

fun work place

day started at 8 ends at 16:00 learned how to deal with difficult clients, to always stay calm under pressure friendly colleagues and helpful trainers

Very professional

Theres so much room to grow in this company. At times it can be extremely stressful to work in such a fast paced company but there's always help and you are always acknowledged and rewarded for your hard work

Pressure and productive

My first time working there I was overwhelmed by the work but as the time goes by I got hang of it. Meeting deadlines was not an easy task bug I managed quiet well and I am thankful for the experienced I got because I was working fog a national paper. Print for me is my passion and I love telling people'stories it gives me a relief when I have help someone through my articles.

bad working hours

a well established company that has alot of staff but the working conditions are bad and especially the hours you work per month it is not fair at all for a person to work those hours

Pros

nothing

Cons

no breaks

Average

Not a bad place to work at, but development opportunities were very lacking. No easy chance to work towards advancement due to flat structure. Most of management were a pleasure to work with.

Great benefits; Poor management

Great salary and benefits. Friendly employees. Management was not the best. Leadership from Management is poor with no proper mentor-ship and support.

Helpful and kind staff that works at the Lalucia Media24

The staff at Media 24 was kind enough to let me learn from them for the short duration of my school holidays. They were also very helpful with everything that I they thought was something which could help my career as a young graphic designer.

Work environment is creative and enjoyable. Amazing atmosphere. Diverse in culture. Lovely people with respect, integrity and dignity. Honesty the best.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Traffic

Great Organisational Culture

Media24 upholds their values within their offices , the culture is warm and extremely fun and communicative. It is a great place to start your career.

Pros

Wellness Week

Adventurous

Every day I get to something new, from car videos to lifestyle and news. I love the fact that I meet different people. Our build has the best 360 view of the sea and mountain.

Pros

Company car, cell phone allowance

Cons

Good company but only freelancing position avalible

Good company but after interview decided to let me work a probation period, i was then informed that they have decided not to fill the vacant position and offered me a freelancing position.. i need to have a full time position.

Pros

big and well known company and have good products

Cons

not a permenant position

Productive and innovative

In my 5 years at Media24 I learnt a lot: how to work fast using all of your resources. The workplace culture in the Bloemfontein was very good. The hardest part of the job was to get all the information needed for my stories. The most enjoyable part was when I met a lot of different people from different backgrounds.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Long hours with not so fun shifts

A very fun place to be in

I learn a lot everyday just being in this company, I get to meet different people on a daily basis, which is of course exciting. a typical day at work would be getting to work early, get straight to tasks there after lunch break then knock off, along the day I'd meet different people from different departments.I enjoy engaging with people from different backgrounds the enjoyable part about the job is getting to work on stories, getting to interview experts and most of all pitching for work.

Pros

free transport to work (staff bus)

Productive and interesting

Nice place to start a career Energetic staff Understanding managers Few opportunities for growth Some employees are not happy with their salary Perfect mentors

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Few advancement opportunities
  • Media24