Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape32 reviews
4,0
Fast-paced environment, quick news turnaround, deadline driven, constantly you have to be alert of breaking news. Receiving feedback about your work can either provide positive reinforcement that makes you feel valued.
day started at 8 ends at 16:00
learned how to deal with difficult clients, to always stay calm under pressure

friendly colleagues and helpful trainers
4,0
Theres so much room to grow in this company. At times it can be extremely stressful to work in such a fast paced company but there's always help and you are always acknowledged and rewarded for your hard work
3,0
Not a bad place to work at, but development opportunities were very lacking. No easy chance to work towards advancement due to flat structure. Most of management were a pleasure to work with.
2,0
Great salary and benefits. Friendly employees. Management was not the best. Leadership from Management is poor with no proper mentor-ship and support.
4,0
Every day I get to something new, from car videos to lifestyle and news. I love the fact that I meet different people.

Our build has the best 360 view of the sea and mountain.
Pros
Company car, cell phone allowance
5,0
Responsible for strategic planning, launch and direction for new print media and digital product sets for the South African markets
4,0
Productive and fun workplace ... good company to gain experience and further yourself in your career. The workers are brilliant in cultural beliefs ......
Nice colleagues
I never did miss a deadline

Data has to be accurate

the part I like most, was when we were sort of staff I did help the sisters with the patients
Pros
Half days
Cons
Never work over weekends
5,0
I really enjoyed working at Media24. Everybody is happy at work, talented, driven and hardworking.

A typical day at work is a mix of rushes to meet deadlines and slow times with laughs between colleagues.

I learned a lot about conceptualising marketing campaigns and about Adobe InDesign.

Management and my co-workers all got along and there were open lines of communication.

The hardest part of the job was negotiating with clients between changes they insist on and the magazines house styles.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else.
Pros
A very nice work atmosphere
Cons
The salary was not enough
5,0
Challenging and interesting job with all kinds of people behaving in all kinds of ways. Friendly colleagues. The most interesting part was meeting people with different opinions.
3,0
I work with really sharp people and individuals who try to push through bureaucracy and do that right thing. Pay is good, vacation is unlimited,, and a lot of trust is given to employees. I feel like I am on a team with my manager rather than it just being someone I report to at the company.
Pros
Good Security Benifits
Cons
limited growth
3,0
deadlines are all at the same time, you need to be able to be pro-active so that everything runs smoothly.i have learnt how to manage my time wisely and become really pro-active within the business world.
Pros
Team is supportive
Cons
systems
Account Management - establish and maintain long term client relationships
Negotiate and close deals

Communicate with different levels of management, staff and customers

Preparation and construction of proposals

Delivering presentations

Drawing up sales plans and route cycles

Completion of all contracts and relevant admin

Achieving of sales targets set

Seeking new business opportunities by cold calling/prospecting for new business

Following up on renewals and pending deals and maintain existing client contacts on a regular basis

Maintain and update client lists regularly

Responsibility in resolving customers' queries and complaints effectively

Weekly sales meetings and workshops, functions and other company related events in and out of business hours

Working well within a team environment as well as independently

Assist in other areas of the business when required

Setting up of formal internal sales processes

Maintaining and establishing filing systems for internal purposes

Ensuring the administration for the sales department is kept up to date

Performing ad hoc duties as and when necessary

Maintaining all company disciplines, policies and departmental standards and adhere to company procedures
Pros
Restaurant on top floor
Cons
No Parking
5,0
A typical day at work is very busy, I am the Executive Personal Assistant to 3 Exco Members - GM for Pamphlets, GM for Media Sales and Logistics as well as for the Head of the HR department.

Members of the management team are always travelling and we have to book and keep track of meetings and deadlines on a daily basis.

The Company strives for a transparent workplace, meaning that they will be as open with employees as possible at all times.

The hardest part of the job is that even though it is fast-paced and plans can change at a minute's notice, that there is no room for growth within this specific department or in the company as a whole at the moment as they are busy restructuring and retrenching.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to interact with on a daily basis, my managers are very understanding and flexible and the staff have become my family. We treat each other with respect and care.
Pros
Good Benefits - Eg. DSTV Staff Discount etc
Cons
No job stability - lots of retrenchments & little room for growth
3,0
We work hard, but learn something new every day. We have opportunities such as to apply for study bursaries and management development programs. My co-workers are delightful. Getting people to conform to governance rules is hard, but resolving problems and making enhancements possible are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Study bursary
4,0
A day at work is very busy filled with fun here and there. I learned that two heads are better than one and three heads are better than two.Management is friendly formal and sometimes cool. The best about the team I worked with was the team spirit and how we functioned as one to fulfill a purpose and common goal. I must say the hardest part of the job was not knowing what was going on at any given time,communication between management and the employees were poor.
Pros
Huge commision brackets
Cons
Communication
5,0
Great energy everyday, positive that we'll meet our deadlines, placing of ads, dealing with indecisive clients, day goes by fast.
4,0
Fun place to work, but you need to work hard.
Creative environment.

Getting promoted can take some time.

Sometime you do feel like you're just a number.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Hours over deadline period can get long.
3,0
Check emails, write articles, uploading content on websites.

Learn't about digital and online journalism.

Hardest part is solving complex technical issues regarding website

Enjoyable part of the job is traveling. Discovering new places and meeting new people.
Pros
free coffee
4,0
My day is full of deadlines and walkins from staff needing personnel information.

Clients come first and I need to keep myself up to date with staff benefits and terminology. Being proactive helps a lot.

Management is well and okay - open door policy. docs signed within deadline periods.

I work with a hardworking and lovely team and helpfull too.

Recruiting rare talent, month end and annual increase time as well as KPA times - everybdoy is anxious to get everything right. Systems too we need to keep them in check.

Month end again when all staff is paid with no queries especially new employees. Organising Wellness Days and attending HR Functions with other groups within the company.
Pros
Training and staff discounts
Cons
Very short deadlines