Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 reviews
3,0
bad working hours
a well established company that has alot of staff but the working conditions are bad and especially the hours you work per month
it is not fair at all for a person to work those hours
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
5,0
Helpful and kind staff that works at the Lalucia Media24
The staff at Media 24 was kind enough to let me learn from them for the short duration of my school holidays. They were also very helpful with everything that I they thought was something which could help my career as a young graphic designer.
4,0
Productive, fun to work at and full of positive energy.
I am an early bird and non-clock-watcher so I arrive earlier than my team and start off by reading newspapers and online news updates. I have learned to work in sync with other editors I have not seen face-to-face ever as the are operating countrywide from other provinces. I have also learnt to let staff make their mistakes sometimes so they learnt instead of panicking that they might err. The hardest part of the job is balancing work and private life: working long hours, leaving home at 7am and arrive 12hrs later to attend to kids homework and other issues on the home front. I really enjoy the satisfaction that comes with cracking a difficult story and watching the sales rocket sky-high or getting to meet a happy and satisfied reader/client.
Pros
Taught me a lot about working with different people from different cultural backgrounds.
Cons
Long hours, pressurized environment