Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews for Advertising Executive

Advertising Executive2 reviews
South Africa2 reviews
3,0
Media 24 is an incredible company to work for. There is a lot of pressure but I got used to it and enjoyed every moment. I learned a lot of things with in the industry.
3,0
Working for Media24 most certainly had it's challenges. I had the opportunity to work for Beeld Newspaper in 2006-2008 working on Features and supplements as well. The market then was extremely good in terms of advertising in Newspaper Print, but newspaper print took a turn in 2008 where circulation started dropping and daily readers turned to online news. I would have loved to do a course through Media 24 in online but the opportunity never came.

Beeld and Rapport being the only Afrikaans newspapers in Gauteng region started losing interest from their readers and public making it more difficult on a monthly basis to reach what was needed.

Especially if retrenchments are put in place, the uncertainty of having a job in a month or two started showing.

Media24 have well trained Managers and Line Managers that use a "hands-on" approach.

When working on projects your co-workers certainly have an impact when it comes to team players and most of my co-workers have a special connection to me as friendships tend to grow.

I would say the hardest part of the job was the time-frame we had to sell on a feature / supplement / project as we ran more than one project at a time and most often when in the early stages the feature weren't going according to plan, we had to cancel it and come up with a new, fresh idea, which can be challenging. Advertisers are much more educated when it comes to marketing and advertising and different avenues are being used to market their products, mainly online, which we couldn't offer our clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was
 - more...
Pros
Movie tickets, prizes, free publications
Cons
Job security