Media24

Journalist4 reviews
South Africa4 reviews
3,0
Pressure and productive
My first time working there I was overwhelmed by the work but as the time goes by I got hang of it. Meeting deadlines was not an easy task bug I managed quiet well and I am thankful for the experienced I got because I was working fog a national paper. Print for me is my passion and I love telling people'stories it gives me a relief when I have help someone through my articles.
4,0
Productive and innovative
In my 5 years at Media24 I learnt a lot: how to work fast using all of your resources.
The workplace culture in the Bloemfontein was very good.

The hardest part of the job was to get all the information needed for my stories.

The most enjoyable part was when I met a lot of different people from different backgrounds.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours with not so fun shifts
5,0
Fun
Challenging and interesting job with all kinds of people behaving in all kinds of ways. Friendly colleagues. The most interesting part was meeting people with different opinions.
3,0
My day as a journalist
I would get to the office get calls from a person who was a victim of a fire which left them homeless.
The first thing I would do is get there and interview the home owner, speak to fire and rescue over the phone and make sure they are given whatever the departments offers like blankets and iron sheets to build a new structure.

The next day after the story is out, I know I will get a call from a person who is willing to help the family because my cellphone number was at the bottom of the article.

That same day the family gets a call from me telling them someone is coming with me to help them and basically I am the middle man between the family and whoever is helping again I report the help the family has received.

As a Journalist I have come to accept that I will not be the richest person ever and maybe what I take for granted other people are dying to have.

I know my job is complete when I had ran a story about people who need help after floods or fire and get a call from an individual or organisation willing to help.

The hardest part of the job is seeing corruption and inequalities and there is absolutely nothing you, your pen and note book can do about it except for writing.

I have learned that I will not be rich but I can make a difference in someone's life by being the voice of the voiceless.

I try getting along with people I work with although some people might make that hard.
Pros
Understanding your respective communities, Access to Events for free, The food.
Cons
Working on Weekends