Media24

Media24 Management reviews

Not a bad place to work at, but development opportunities were very lacking. No easy chance to work towards advancement due to flat structure. Most of management were a pleasure to work with.
Great salary and benefits. Friendly employees. Management was not the best. Leadership from Management is poor with no proper mentor-ship and support.
Good company to work at but promotion to management level not good.however I was a branch manager in the Goldfields.I won most improved sales consultant national award in 2010.Companies done exeptionally in sales when I was a consultant there.I had done cold calling,face to face meetings and presentations with prospective advertisors and build up a good client database and network.
Pros
pension, medical aid, shares, 13th cheque
Cons
not very open for opinions from junior employees
Management of full spectrum of facilities management of various properties throughout SA. Extensive travel involved. Project management, space planning, security, cleaning, switchboard, orders, etc.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Extensive travel by car, poor planning of projects resulting in overlapping
Great executive career-climbing company - lots of possible future growth! Very stable environment to work in and ensure future promotion and career growth!
Pros
Great Pensionfund
I liked working for the company but due to cutting of their staff I looked for another job but very exciting to have worked for the media got to meet a lot of new people like the ceo and other high profile people within the media loved traveling to different places in and around Jhb and other provinces going home with the company car taking the cars for services and checking that the cars are always clean and accident free
Pros
Outings
Cons
A typical day at work is reaching your daily targets and making sure payments are made before deadlines. Our management allows us to be free around the work place and always give's advice on work related matters.My co-workers are wonderful, they are kind and they always support each other through professional and personal issues. The hardest part about the job is when you don't reach your monthly targets and a meeting is held where you have to discuss the reason for not reaching your targets. The fun thing about the work is that you can be yourself and there are also fun events that takes place regularly.
I really enjoyed working at Media24. Everybody is happy at work, talented, driven and hardworking. A typical day at work is a mix of rushes to meet deadlines and slow times with laughs between colleagues. I learned a lot about conceptualising marketing campaigns and about Adobe InDesign. Management and my co-workers all got along and there were open lines of communication. The hardest part of the job was negotiating with clients between changes they insist on and the magazines house styles. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else.
Pros
A very nice work atmosphere
Cons
The salary was not enough
Account Management - establish and maintain long term client relationships Negotiate and close deals Communicate with different levels of management, staff and customers Preparation and construction of proposals Delivering presentations Drawing up sales plans and route cycles Completion of all contracts and relevant admin Achieving of sales targets set Seeking new business opportunities by cold calling/prospecting for new business Following up on renewals and pending deals and maintain existing client contacts on a regular basis Maintain and update client lists regularly Responsibility in resolving customers' queries and complaints effectively Weekly sales meetings and workshops, functions and other company related events in and out of business hours Working well within a team environment as well as independently Assist in other areas of the business when required Setting up of formal internal sales processes Maintaining and establishing filing systems for internal purposes Ensuring the administration for the sales department is kept up to date Performing ad hoc duties as and when necessary Maintaining all company disciplines, policies and departmental standards and adhere to company procedures
Pros
Restaurant on top floor
Cons
No Parking
A typical day at work is very busy, I am the Executive Personal Assistant to 3 Exco Members - GM for Pamphlets, GM for Media Sales and Logistics as well as for the Head of the HR department. Members of the management team are always travelling and we have to book and keep track of meetings and deadlines on a daily basis. The Company strives for a transparent workplace, meaning that they will be as open with employees as possible at all times. The hardest part of the job is that even though it is fast-paced and plans can change at a minute's notice, that there is no room for growth within this specific department or in the company as a whole at the moment as they are busy restructuring and retrenching. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to interact with on a daily basis, my managers are very understanding and flexible and the staff have become my family. We treat each other with respect and care.
Pros
Good Benefits - Eg. DSTV Staff Discount etc
Cons
No job stability - lots of retrenchments & little room for growth
We work hard, but learn something new every day. We have opportunities such as to apply for study bursaries and management development programs. My co-workers are delightful. Getting people to conform to governance rules is hard, but resolving problems and making enhancements possible are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Study bursary
Cons
A day at work is very busy filled with fun here and there. I learned that two heads are better than one and three heads are better than two.Management is friendly formal and sometimes cool. The best about the team I worked with was the team spirit and how we functioned as one to fulfill a purpose and common goal. I must say the hardest part of the job was not knowing what was going on at any given time,communication between management and the employees were poor.
Pros
Huge commision brackets
Cons
Communication
My day is full of deadlines and walkins from staff needing personnel information. Clients come first and I need to keep myself up to date with staff benefits and terminology. Being proactive helps a lot. Management is well and okay - open door policy. docs signed within deadline periods. I work with a hardworking and lovely team and helpfull too. Recruiting rare talent, month end and annual increase time as well as KPA times - everybdoy is anxious to get everything right. Systems too we need to keep them in check. Month end again when all staff is paid with no queries especially new employees. Organising Wellness Days and attending HR Functions with other groups within the company.
Pros
Training and staff discounts
Cons
Very short deadlines
I would walk in and wait for my duties to be handed to me, management would always look to your interest and benefits. Working with these people was wonderful and the most enjoyable time of my day was designing adverts
Pros
no dress code
Cons
pressure
Constant pressure and measurement of your performance. Your success was only measured on meeting targets and coming up with new ways to generate income through selling ads. I learned to succeed above my own expectations, but after four years, I just couldn't take the 'judgement' anymore, my moral took a dip and I got very demoralised and demotivated. Management was very fluctuating towards the sales team, one moment of approval, the next of disappointment and disapproval. What kept me going was my co-workers, we were a fantastic sales team, worked very close together and complimented each other well. I often think they were the reason I stuck it out for so long.
Pros
Taking ownership, meeting with them, offering them business solutions.
Cons
Too stressed environment
My time at Media24 and specifically Son was the most productive and pleasantly challenging environment I've worked in. A typical day at work started with a meeting with the news editor and my co-workers. We discussed the previous days publication and pitched our story ideas for the following day. We would then drive out to to our story subjects, interview them and return to the office to write it up before deadline. Furthermore, my co-workers and management were fun, forthcoming and helpful which created an environment where my wellbeing was considered and my creativity continually stimulated. The hardest part of the job was interacting with difficult subjects and meeting deadline. However, this was, more often than not, countered by being out in the field creating a voice for the minority and gaining important information for readers.
Pros
Being at the heart of news and information
Cons
A typical day involves many interactions via email and personally with the business unit General Managers and their teams.No buy in from management to align to processes.Love interacting with everyone that works here.Learned that publishing magazines is a difficult task.
Pros
subsidised dstv
Cons
salary not market related
My typical day at work would be me getting to work and waiting patiently until a call is logged to me to install a computer at a user. I have learned how to setup machines for users, mailboxes, User-box for printers and how to setup their emails and to connect them to the specific printers that they use. My management is friendly and easy to talk to, while some of my co-workers tend to be a little unprofessional. The hardest part of my job was when I had to work with a co-worker who couldn't work well with others and the most enjoyable part was dealing with the users.
I'm really enjoying myself. Great colleagues, great management. Good values, it's like one big family. Unfortunately my contact expires, and they no longer have a position for me.A typical day at the office would start off with coffee first! E-mails and messages will always be answered within an hour. I like to make people happy. I used to work for Avis, there I learned what customer service is, and enjoy using my skills everywhere I go.I would then get out on the road, go see customers and negotiate and sell adverts in our local newspapers.The hardest part of the job is the rejection, that must be the worst thing ever, being rejected. Walking into the customers' office, all psyched up and ready to strike a deal, and then you get the dreaded "no thanks".Most enjoyable must be when a customer thanks you for your effort and for the advert looking great in the newspaper, and on top of it all; Reaching my monthly target. Hard work pays off.
Pros
commission
Cons
missing target