Media24
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Media24 Pay & Benefits reviews

Media24 was a great place to work, grow, developed and enjoy great benefits. Wish I could enjoy more years working for a forward-thinking company. Keep it up!
Pros
As in review revealed
Cons
Salaries are maybe by now much better
a well established company that has alot of staff but the working conditions are bad and especially the hours you work per month it is not fair at all for a person to work those hours
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
Great salary and benefits. Friendly employees. Management was not the best. Leadership from Management is poor with no proper mentor-ship and support.
The staff at Media 24 was kind enough to let me learn from them for the short duration of my school holidays. They were also very helpful with everything that I they thought was something which could help my career as a young graphic designer.
In my 5 years at Media24 I learnt a lot: how to work fast using all of your resources. The workplace culture in the Bloemfontein was very good. The hardest part of the job was to get all the information needed for my stories. The most enjoyable part was when I met a lot of different people from different backgrounds.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours with not so fun shifts
Nice place to start a career Energetic staff Understanding managers Few opportunities for growth Some employees are not happy with their salary Perfect mentors
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
The company overall is a good company to work for. Not much space (encouragement)for growth, very deadline driven not a normal 9-5. Offers good benefits H.r department very efficient.
Pros
Very laid back atmosphere easy going and no strict dress codes
Cons
Long hours especially on deadline days
Fun and productive company to work for .Flexible working hours company car company cell phone work in mpumalanga limpopo and gauteng . Company pays for accomodation where ever they send you
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Called to work any time
The company has a very productive team in all the departments and the people in the building is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Benefits - DSTV
I really enjoyed working at Media24. Everybody is happy at work, talented, driven and hardworking. A typical day at work is a mix of rushes to meet deadlines and slow times with laughs between colleagues. I learned a lot about conceptualising marketing campaigns and about Adobe InDesign. Management and my co-workers all got along and there were open lines of communication. The hardest part of the job was negotiating with clients between changes they insist on and the magazines house styles. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else.
Pros
A very nice work atmosphere
Cons
The salary was not enough
I work with really sharp people and individuals who try to push through bureaucracy and do that right thing. Pay is good, vacation is unlimited,, and a lot of trust is given to employees. I feel like I am on a team with my manager rather than it just being someone I report to at the company.
Pros
Good Security Benifits
Cons
limited growth
A typical day at work is very busy, I am the Executive Personal Assistant to 3 Exco Members - GM for Pamphlets, GM for Media Sales and Logistics as well as for the Head of the HR department. Members of the management team are always travelling and we have to book and keep track of meetings and deadlines on a daily basis. The Company strives for a transparent workplace, meaning that they will be as open with employees as possible at all times. The hardest part of the job is that even though it is fast-paced and plans can change at a minute's notice, that there is no room for growth within this specific department or in the company as a whole at the moment as they are busy restructuring and retrenching. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to interact with on a daily basis, my managers are very understanding and flexible and the staff have become my family. We treat each other with respect and care.
Pros
Good Benefits - Eg. DSTV Staff Discount etc
Cons
No job stability - lots of retrenchments & little room for growth
It is a very busy days and lot to do. I learned alot and is still learning in my work place. My co-workers will always help if the work load is to much and we always work together. The hardest part of my job is the stress. The enjoyable part is the satisfaction you get in helping the cleints and sorting out the complaints.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Fun place to work, but you need to work hard. Creative environment. Getting promoted can take some time. Sometime you do feel like you're just a number.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Hours over deadline period can get long.
I enjoy this enviroment i enjoy doing office work i grew and learned so much ever since i started working here i enjoy solving problems and this is what i needed to find what i really enjoy doing
Pros
company benifits
Cons
My day is full of deadlines and walkins from staff needing personnel information. Clients come first and I need to keep myself up to date with staff benefits and terminology. Being proactive helps a lot. Management is well and okay - open door policy. docs signed within deadline periods. I work with a hardworking and lovely team and helpfull too. Recruiting rare talent, month end and annual increase time as well as KPA times - everybdoy is anxious to get everything right. Systems too we need to keep them in check. Month end again when all staff is paid with no queries especially new employees. Organising Wellness Days and attending HR Functions with other groups within the company.
Pros
Training and staff discounts
Cons
Very short deadlines
I would walk in and wait for my duties to be handed to me, management would always look to your interest and benefits. Working with these people was wonderful and the most enjoyable time of my day was designing adverts
Pros
no dress code
Cons
pressure
A typical day involves many interactions via email and personally with the business unit General Managers and their teams.No buy in from management to align to processes.Love interacting with everyone that works here.Learned that publishing magazines is a difficult task.
Pros
subsidised dstv
Cons
salary not market related