Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews

South Africa70 reviews
Friendly Casual, Professional and Fun
Media24 is a comoany where anyone and everyone wanted to work at. The environment was never the same, we worked hard and played just as hard, Balance was key and they made it fun. Media24 always had ways to implementing new work ethics, and they BM had open door policies.

I would work there any time if given the opportunity
4,0
Hands on approach, able to work alone and in teams
Management of full spectrum of facilities management of various properties throughout SA. Extensive travel involved. Project management, space planning, security, cleaning, switchboard, orders, etc.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Extensive travel by car, poor planning of projects resulting in overlapping
4,0
Fun and productive company to work for .Flexible working hours company car company cell phone work in mpumalanga limpopo and gauteng . Company pays for accomodation where ever they send you
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Called to work any time
Productive and fun workplace
Media 24 allows you as individual to be just who you want to be. The environment is safe, productive and fun and never do you feel boxed. You are allowed to voice your opinion if ever you are unhappy.
Pros
Once a month Friday chill sessions
Cons
After hours
Professional, Friendly
Great executive career-climbing company - lots of possible future growth! Very stable environment to work in and ensure future promotion and career growth!
Pros
Great Pensionfund
3,0
great environment always on the road really fun and productive
Its a really nice environment with team building skills problem solving hard working place were you learn alot about media and different outlooks great place for entry level and get work experience and buil character with all the people you meet and get to know
Pros
free lunch
5,0
Great place to work and friendly colleagues throughout the company
Responsible for strategic planning, launch and direction for new print media and digital product sets for the South African markets
Productive and fun workplace
Productive and fun workplace ... good company to gain experience and further yourself in your career. The workers are brilliant in cultural beliefs ......
Fullfilling
I worked as a news paper delivery boy for media 24. I enjoyed the early morning work and satisfaction of completing my news paper rout each day.
Fun place
I liked working for the company but due to cutting of their staff I looked for another job but very exciting to have worked for the media got to meet a lot of new people like the ceo and other high profile people within the media loved traveling to different places in and around Jhb and other provinces going home with the company car taking the cars for services and checking that the cars are always clean and accident free
Pros
Outings
Analysed, productive and exciting
A typical day at work is reaching your daily targets and making sure payments are made before deadlines. Our management allows us to be free around the work place and always give's advice on work related matters.My co-workers are wonderful, they are kind and they always support each other through professional and personal issues.
The hardest part about the job is when you don't reach your monthly targets and a meeting is held where you have to discuss the reason for not reaching your targets. The fun thing about the work is that you can be yourself and there are also fun events that takes place regularly.
Love Darling
Nice colleagues
I never did miss a deadline

Data has to be accurate

the part I like most, was when we were sort of staff I did help the sisters with the patients
Pros
Half days
Cons
Never work over weekends
3,0
The company has a very productive team in all the departments and the people in the building is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Benefits - DSTV
Loved working here
I really enjoyed working at Media24. Everybody is happy at work, talented, driven and hardworking.

A typical day at work is a mix of rushes to meet deadlines and slow times with laughs between colleagues.

I learned a lot about conceptualising marketing campaigns and about Adobe InDesign.

Management and my co-workers all got along and there were open lines of communication.

The hardest part of the job was negotiating with clients between changes they insist on and the magazines house styles.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else.
Pros
A very nice work atmosphere
Cons
The salary was not enough
4,0
It's an objective based environment where one needs to deliver all the time to meet deadlines,one has to be self motivated in order to deliver.
I work with a very energetic team that keeps one his toes all the time.
Pros
Bursary to Study
Cons
Limited growth
Fun
Challenging and interesting job with all kinds of people behaving in all kinds of ways. Friendly colleagues. The most interesting part was meeting people with different opinions.
Fun Plaxe to work at
I work with really sharp people and individuals who try to push through bureaucracy and do that right thing. Pay is good, vacation is unlimited,, and a lot of trust is given to employees. I feel like I am on a team with my manager rather than it just being someone I report to at the company.
Pros
Good Security Benifits
Cons
limited growth
3,0
deadlines are really hectic and important.
deadlines are all at the same time, you need to be able to be pro-active so that everything runs smoothly.i have learnt how to manage my time wisely and become really pro-active within the business world.
Pros
Team is supportive
Cons
systems
Great Experience
Account Management - establish and maintain long term client relationships
Negotiate and close deals

Communicate with different levels of management, staff and customers

Preparation and construction of proposals

Delivering presentations

Drawing up sales plans and route cycles

Completion of all contracts and relevant admin

Achieving of sales targets set

Seeking new business opportunities by cold calling/prospecting for new business

Following up on renewals and pending deals and maintain existing client contacts on a regular basis

Maintain and update client lists regularly

Responsibility in resolving customers' queries and complaints effectively

Weekly sales meetings and workshops, functions and other company related events in and out of business hours

Working well within a team environment as well as independently

Assist in other areas of the business when required

Setting up of formal internal sales processes

Maintaining and establishing filing systems for internal purposes

Ensuring the administration for the sales department is kept up to date

Performing ad hoc duties as and when necessary

Maintaining all company disciplines, policies and departmental standards and adhere to company procedures
Pros
Restaurant on top floor
Cons
No Parking
5,0
Productive, fun and energetic workplace
A typical day at work is very busy, I am the Executive Personal Assistant to 3 Exco Members - GM for Pamphlets, GM for Media Sales and Logistics as well as for the Head of the HR department.

Members of the management team are always travelling and we have to book and keep track of meetings and deadlines on a daily basis.

The Company strives for a transparent workplace, meaning that they will be as open with employees as possible at all times.

The hardest part of the job is that even though it is fast-paced and plans can change at a minute's notice, that there is no room for growth within this specific department or in the company as a whole at the moment as they are busy restructuring and retrenching.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I get to interact with on a daily basis, my managers are very understanding and flexible and the staff have become my family. We treat each other with respect and care.
Pros
Good Benefits - Eg. DSTV Staff Discount etc
Cons
No job stability - lots of retrenchments & little room for growth
I enjoy working at Media24
We work hard, but learn something new every day. We have opportunities such as to apply for study bursaries and management development programs. My co-workers are delightful. Getting people to conform to governance rules is hard, but resolving problems and making enhancements possible are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Study bursary