Media24

Media24 Employee Reviews

South Africa70 reviews
Friendly Casual, Professional and Fun
Media24 is a comoany where anyone and everyone wanted to work at. The environment was never the same, we worked hard and played just as hard, Balance was key and they made it fun. Media24 always had ways to implementing new work ethics, and they BM had open door policies.

I would work there any time if given the opportunity
Very busy workplace
A typical day involves many interactions via email and personally with the business unit General Managers and their teams.

No buy in from management to align to processes.

Love interacting with everyone that works here.

Learned that publishing magazines is a difficult task.
Pros
subsidised dstv
Cons
salary not market related
5,0
We as building maintenance facilities had to deliver a service to our customers in our building.They are the tennants,if they assistants we had to attend to their so call,needs.My co-workers is very helpfull and supportive.The hardest part of my job is when we had to move people around in our building,such as when everything had move from one floor to another,but for me, I'm use to that and I found it much enjoyable.
Pros
tea and lunch hour
Cons
normal hours
3,0
Difficult and highly competitive environment with strong challenges
New challenges daily. Finding and developing solutions, new strategies and creative implementation processes.
Pros
flexible, fantastic boss, new challenges, new learning
Cons
difficult economic circumstances currently, print under pressure, company under pressure, magazines closing, retrenchments and low morale.
Very Productive and Client Service orientated
.Following up on previous days work
.Working with client every day

.Always monitoring and what they expect from us - great team work

.When your PC give you problems and when system is offline

.When your clients are satisfied with service that was rendered
Pros
lunch and tea breaks
Cons
8.5 hours per day and overtime
5,0
My typical day at work would be me getting to work and waiting patiently until a call is logged to me to install a computer at a user. I have learned how to setup machines for users, mailboxes, User-box for printers and how to setup their emails and to connect them to the specific printers that they use. My management is friendly and easy to talk to, while some of my co-workers tend to be a little unprofessional. The hardest part of my job was when I had to work with a co-worker who couldn't work well with others and the most enjoyable part was dealing with the users.
4,0
Very professional and fun company to work for
I'm really enjoying myself. Great colleagues, great management. Good values, it's like one big family. Unfortunately my contact expires, and they no longer have a position for me.

A typical day at the office would start off with coffee first! E-mails and messages will always be answered within an hour. I like to make people happy. I used to work for Avis, there I learned what customer service is, and enjoy using my skills everywhere I go.

I would then get out on the road, go see customers and negotiate and sell adverts in our local newspapers.

The hardest part of the job is the rejection, that must be the worst thing ever, being rejected. Walking into the customers' office, all psyched up and ready to strike a deal, and then you get the dreaded "no thanks".

Most enjoyable must be when a customer thanks you for your effort and for the advert looking great in the newspaper, and on top of it all; Reaching my monthly target. Hard work pays off.
Pros
commission
Cons
missing target
4,0
Love my working enviroment
My day starts at 8 in the morning,On the dialler whole day.Contacting clients regarding their subscriptions
Pros
watch the photoshoots of the models thats on the magazine covers
Cons
no free magazines
5,0
Every now and then we get together for drinks and have pizza Fridays, we also hav
- Get to work, chase stories with Journalists making sure they submit on time and meet their deadline
- Make sure that a layout is approved

- Get captions from the journalist for the layout

- Send stories back to Journalists for copy sign off after they are re-written

- If any changes send those to the sub

- Give the final layout to the editor and section editor for final sign off

- Make sure that the all the signed off layouts are sent to factory by layout artists.
Pros
we get dinner when working late on deadline and also claim overtime
3,0
productive and inspiiring people to work with
i start my day at work at 08h00 in the morning ,i start with having meeting with my team leader discussing what to do and what we have done a day before,i enjoy all the work thet i do especilly confirming orders and despatching them
Pros
free transport and meals when working overtime
Cons
finish what you started no matter what time