Medtronic
Information from Medtronic:

Medtronic Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews
Stable Company.
The mission is very clear and drives the organisation.

The mission inspires employees.

This is a very high pressure environment and requires long working hours.
1,0
No work-life balance and equity, very stressful place to work. They make it uncomfortable for a person to take sick leave or any leave. They micro manage and address people poorly and when you leave they will give bad reference to block your future endeavors.
Pros
Inclusive
Cons
No work-life balance
4,0
Improvement of lives by treatment with high level devices and continued research
Continued training and improvement to ensure best possible advice to Surgeons during implantations
Pros
High level technology
Cons
Fast-paced
5,0
Making sure that everyone is able to assign in on their machines and that all systems within the business are up and running well
management is kind and supportive workplace culture is open , most enjoyable part is giving back to charity
3,0
Products are world class and best in class.
Local Teams are wonderful to work with. Regional teams more challenging due to language barriers.

Internal processes a nightmare.
4,0
Medtronic is a great company to work for.
Managers and Mentors were welcoming and will to educate and help where necessary. Great work culture and diversity.
2,0
Very limited to no opportunity for the learners or junior staff to grow in the company. Good management, working hours, fair stipend and overall culture.
5,0
They have very competitive company(benefits etc) they respect their employees in a way that they encourage them to speak up ,employees must be happy before customer that then the customer will be happy
4,0
Most companies don't value their staff, i believe staff should be complimented on their hard work. I had most amazing time working at Medtronic the team i was working with was great we understood each other very much. all was clear that we came to do our work.
5,0
Equal opportunities and great working environment.
Great company when trying to balance work and personal life.

Can express your own ideas and opinions.
5,0
Truly an amazing experience.
Good balance of work and family life, allows one to create his or her style of work and be comfortable.Management creates a passion for being there and results are rewarded through the year not only on bonuses.
Pros
Nice canteen, good balance of work and home.
Cons
Nothing that springs to mind
4,0
I appreciated the fact that Medtronic promotes from within and you have a good chance to further your career if you work hard and smart.

The fact that the SA business reports into Dubai makes it susceptible to structural changes without really understanding the market.
1,0
Medtronic is in a rapid state of decline. The company has weak management and has loss focus on their staff and patients.
The company is losing staff and customers and becoming more toxic as it does so.
Pros
Competitve package
Cons
Stress and poor management
5,0
The experience was amazing, I got to work with the best leaders. We were taught good team spirit. The companies ethic is on point, any one who would get the honor to work for this company,their lives would change for the better. I was only a learner but was never treated differently or taken lightly.
Pros
Yes on holidays and free transport
Cons
Normal hours
2,0
The Santa Barbara location is outsourcing its production to the Dominican Republic in April of 2019. They did not disclose this fact to me in my interview. They lied to me and led me to believe there was growth potential and advancement opportunities when they knew they were closing. Stay away from the Santa Barbara location.
4,0
My job was a demanding job as I was the contact center for the IT department and I would have to work as the local IT support with staff of about 600+
Pros
Nice experience with company treats
Cons
always busy
4,0
I would recommend Medtronic to anyone who would like to work there. I worked there in the IT department for 4 years 6 months and it was a good place to gain experience.
Pros
Free cold drinks from time to time
Cons
Busy place
4,0
I enjoyed working at Medtronic, unfortunately due to the lack of being able to advance in the company and wanting to follow my dreams i left and began studying.
5,0
Good Company culture , Fun productive. You learn quite a lot , Salary benefits up to standard , recognition of employees . except that the worload is quite a lot and too demanding.
5,0
Medtronic is a very great company to work,its safe it pays well once you permanet ,the benefits are excellent,the people are well mannered and learned
Pros
free fruits and cakes
Cons
hours are enough
5,0
Medtronic is a great company to work for.

Professionalism is high on the list. You have to be dedicated, work accurately, fast -pace working environment.

No time for errors!

Have to be a team-player and also work independently. Strong personality to deal with challenges.

Great managers to work for. Always motivated and pushing you to the next level.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
nothing really